Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 430 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey RainInSpain, glad you made it onto the site. Great to meet you again.

And they are right Arik, everyone fits in because we all float down here.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm........know what else floats?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope?

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope.
    Sloth Love Chunk

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ArikRattlehead View Post
    Hey guys!
    Well, I've wanted to join the dark tower forums for a while now, but since I haven't finished all of the books, i was really scared of spoilers, so i didn't join the forums until now.

Well, I've finished the last of the books around five minutes ago. And I still have the shivers.

I've been reading the dark tower series for about 2 and a half years now, and finished just now because, well, i didn't have a lot of time and the book didn't really grab me by the throat up until the half of the seventh book (although when i read the first book it was so good that i skipped school for the whole day just to finish it).

Well, that's that. Hope I won't have a hard time fitting in
    Well if you are here just five minutes after you finished the book.. I don't think you will have any problems here. Long days and pleasant nights, sai.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Nicidemus is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I've loved King's books ever since I was stuck in crappy spanish apartment for 2 weeks when I was 13 with only my parents and a legion of ants for company. Fortunately I found an old hardback copy of Skeleton Crew in a draw and the time flew by. Been a fan ever since and eventually got round to The Dark Tower.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Roland, hands down. Cool, calm and collected

What is your favorite book?

I would have to say the gunslinger

How old are you? 31

Where are you from? Bangor, Northern Ireland

do you have a nickname? Not yet.....

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hello and welcome to the site. We may eventually come up
    with a NICK NAME FOR YOU.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Nick it shall be.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Traveler Kieron is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hi

Hi all,

Finally got round to joining up a month ago and now that I'm off work at last I thought it was time I introduced myself. I work as a translator and English teacher in Bilbao, Spain, but I'm originally from the UK. Started reading SK's books when I was about 12 and 'It' was the first hardcover book I ever bought new (I was 14 and had to save up 3 weeks wages from a Saturday job- it's still my all-time favourite). Drifted away from SK during my twenties but rediscovered him six years ago when someone lent me a dog-eared paperback of 'The Gunslinger'. I hadn't read it before as I was a horror snob back in the day and wouldn't read something that smelt to me of fantasy. Suffice it to say that I was hooked and went through all 7 DT books over the course of the next couple of months. I then bought up reading copies of pretty much the entire back catalogue and read (or re-read) the lot, and from there I started collecting.
    Special thanks to David at Betts for pushing me towards this site- I'd been aware of it for a few years but was slightly intimidated by the size of the site and by the level of knowledge and expertise you guys have. Still, since I know a lot of you already from sites like skfakes and skcollector, I decided it was time to stop being such a wuss and take the plunge. Here goes with the questions:

Who is your favorite charcter?

Eddie's the one I identify with most, but since for me characterisation is probably SK's strongest point, it's hard to choose.

What is your favorite book?

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you? 38

Where are you from? Rochester, Kent in England

do you have a nickname? Not since school. I guess my first name's odd enough already.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to meet you Kieron, welcome to the site.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Kieron, welcome to this site. We've talked a bit on the other forums, so hopefully we'll hear more from you!

John

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Greetings Kieron , I note that you are a collector,
    just wait till you see calvins corner then, your going to
    love it I am sure.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler Kieron is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome guys, and congrats on that 'Full Dark' proof, John- green with envy just doesn't begin to cover it- I'm septic. Alinda, I keep my collection at my mum's place in the UK, partly cause I live in a part of Spain that regularly hits 90%+ humidity and it makes book pages go like your finger after you've worn a band-aid in the bath and partly cause I'm a bad smoker. I'm visiting next week and hope to post pics of some of my stuff. I don't think there's anything you won't have seen before but it'll give me a warm, icky feeling to show off a bit.

Traveler HuskerAlum05 is on a distinguished road HuskerAlum05's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome everyone! And Brownings Childe...I will definitely miss the Big XII too, not real thrilled about this move lol

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

This will be my first post.I just finished the series last night and deciced I hadn't had enough yet so I found this site and am very exited.I wanted to introduce myself and assure you all that we are well met(say thank ya).

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Austiiin is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all!

My name is Austin and I just joined this forum - HooRay! I'm looking forward to contributing to the discussions and feeding my DT addiction!

I was never a big reader when I was younger. Once I finished college, I got a job working in a cubicle for 50+/hours a week. Isn't that every child's dream? Go to college, get in debt over your head, graduate valedictorian of your class THEN you get to sit in a box 5 days a week for the next 40 years. So, I had to find an outlet to keep my sanity and make the time pass quickly. I then discovered audiobooks - my favorite invention right after A/C. I believe I'm on my 4th "read" of the DT series and I still find hidden gems in the story that I never picked up the first few times around.

I only read/listen to fantasy books for the most part. Basically anything that is intended for a preteen/young adult will more than likely hold my attention, but if anyone ever has a suggestion of a good book (or a good voice Actor), please don't hesitate to let me know!

Favorite Character: Eddie Dean
    Favorite Book: The Wastelands (which happens to be the book I'm currently on, again)
    Hometown: St. Petersburg, FL though I currently reside in Orlando
    Nickname: N/A

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Allow me to be the first to welcome you Austin. Long days and pleasant nights.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler chtorrwar19 is on a distinguished road chtorrwar19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hallo everyone Im a 19yrold uni dropout currently living in the beautiful city of Wellington, New Zealand and have been a loud and proud Tower Junkie for the last 8yrs...boy howdy do I feel like I've come home looking round this fantastic site

My favourite character is and always has been Cuthbert, and my eventual addiction to the Tower was inevitable, my parents are Stephen King junkies themselves, and the series was kept on the same shelf as LOTR and Narnia - I really had no choice in the matter

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler detroitdave is on a distinguished road

Brownstown Twp (southern suburb of Detroit)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Just Joined!

Hello Everyone,

I just joined the site today and am excited to be here. I'm in the midst of my own Dark Tower adventure and am just enthralled with the story. I picked up the Gunslinger for the first time back in the early 90's. I was out of college and could finally read for enjoyment..rather than obligation. I had knocked out a few other SK classics (Pet Sematary, It, The Stand). Honestly, I started The Gunslinger a couple of times before it really "stuck" and I finished it. After that I quickly trekked through Drawing of the Three, and The Wastelands. Unfortunately...I had to wait another 5 years or so for the next installment Wizard and Glass to come out. As soon as it hit the shelves, I had it in my hand and I believe it took me only a couple of days to complete it. Long story short..that's where it ended for me. Time went by, family, job, etc. and I drifted away from Mid World for many years. I just returned a few weeks back and started the journey again from the beginning. This time with the whole story..beginning to end...waiting for me.

Favorite Character: Roland...of course
    Favorite Book: The Wastelands (which I just concluded last night)
    Hometown: Southgate, MI (currently living in Brownstown Twp, another southern suburb of Detroit)
    Nickname: None that I know of..??

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello Everybody!

Obviously just joined today. Only been lurking for about 3 days but it looks like the PERFECT Stephen King forum.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? -- Discovered the book thanks to the library i inherited from my farther. Sarcasm aside; i found this forum with the routine google search of 'The Dark Tower'. A few months ago i really got back into reading. The majority of books i have are Stephen King (thanks to my father). I was (am) a member of the official (SK) forum, but dislike how heavily moderated it is so i don't post there that often. This is the type of forum i was looking for.

What is your favorite character? -- Honestly, too early to tell. I just finished The Gunslinger and am about 100 pages into The Drawing of the Three. Out of all Stephen King, i'm really not sure, very tough choice, MAYBE Flagg, will update if i ever make a solid choice.

What is your favorite book? -- For King, so far, The Stand, that is very possible to change when i am done with The Dark Tower. Other authors, off the top of my head i would say Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I am a very indecisive person with most things.

How old are you? -- Mere youngin', only 24.

Where are you from? -- Little town not far from Omaha, Nebraska. Saving to move to New York in about 6 months though (hopefully).

Do you have a nickname? -- Only nickname i have had has been 'cheech' haha.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 430 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast