Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 430 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Al and Shade, it is great to meet both of you and I'm really glad you found our site.

Let us know if you need any help getting around.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler saraz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone. I'm Sara. I've been lurking on here since I started reading the books and thought I'd join in.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My boyfriend is a huge Stephen King fan and told me about the series. I promised I would read The Dark Tower if he would read Harry Potter. I didn't think I would get so sucked in, but I definitely did.

Who is your favorite charcter? Mr. Eddie Dean is my favorite character, hands down.

What is your favorite book? Can I cheat and say it is a tie between Wizard and Glass and Drawing of the Three? If I can't then I would have to say Wizard and Glass by a nose.

How old are you? I am 22 years young.

Where are you from? Southern California.

Traveler TheDarkWanderer is on a distinguished road TheDarkWanderer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I've always liked Spaghetti westerns along with Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Two guys at my work where really huge Stephen Kings and told me I needed to check out The Dark Tower. After several times of hear'n them plead and beg I bought the Gunslinger....been following the BEAM ever since.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland

What is your favorite book?

The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Born and raised in Flint, Michigan

Do you have a nickname?

Nope.
    Last edited by TheDarkWanderer; 07-20-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Dark Wanderer. It is always great to see someone that lists The Gunslinger as their favorite book.

Traveler Dr Krentist is on a distinguished road Dr Krentist's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I popped my King cherry in 6th grade with Salem's Lot, been hooked ever since. My mom recommended I read TDT and I received it for christmas one year.

Short answer: My mom

Who is your favorite charcter?

Roland for sure.

If we're talking TDT then The Wastelands w/ Wizard and Glass as a close second.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Small King-esque town in NH called Candia.

do you have a nickname?

I have an autograph from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson where he calls me Brain. But that's not so much of a nickname as a foolish misspelling on his part.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Greetings Dr! How was the Rock in person???? I am a huge fan!

Traveler Dr Krentist is on a distinguished road Dr Krentist's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Lady. I actually didn't meet the rock. The company my mom works for was delivering some buses to one of his movie sets. I gave them one of my dvds for him to sign if they saw him, which they did. I assume he must have been nice enough if he took the time out to write an autograph for me though.

Traveler uckleduckle is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all....
    How did you discover the Dark Tower? I was a long time King fan, and some random guy my freshman year of college lent me the first 3. After that, everything went 19.

Who is your favorite character? There are so many! Jake is great.

What is your favorite book? Insomnia

How old are you? thirtysomething

Where are you from? born and raised in west michigan, now outside chicago.

do you have a nickname? Uh, no?

I'm about to start my summer re-read of the series and got a hankering for other Unfound friends.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome friends!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler HuskerAlum05 is on a distinguished road HuskerAlum05's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thrilled to find this site! I love the Dark Tower series...I have been reading Stephen King since I was like 10. But never had any interest in reading the DT until I happened to pick up a copy of Wizard and Glass that had been laying around my mom's house forever. After that, I was hooked.

Favorite character is probably Eddie...and Oy!

Favorite book is The Drawing of the Three

Name is Susan...a lot of people call me Suzie or Suze...29 years old, from Nebraska originally (Go Big Red)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

You are well met Husker Alum, and as a TT alum I must say, the big 12 will miss you guys.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Husker and uckleduckie, I'm glad you guys found us. Hope you enjoy the site.

Traveler primroseburrows is on a distinguished road primroseburrows's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, all,

I used to post on dtnet a few years ago, and wasn't sure where it had gone. Nice to see y'all back here! Forgive the long and rambling "how did you discover" part. It's an edited c/p from my livejournal, where I tend to get wordy.

Way back in 1994, I saw a trailer for The Stand miniseries. Hmm, said I, this looks interesting. Think I'll watch it, but OMG, it's on in just a couple of weeks but of course it was a book first and I always have to read the book first. And of course, I'd never read the book because eww, it was Stephen King and I had never even dreamed of reading Stephen King, because, well, I just didn't read all that horror stuff (Now I lecture people who say they "don't like Stephen King" without reading a word he wrote). Give me a multi-book Arthurianesque fantasy series over that stuff, any day (a short pause here for retroactive facepalming, please). But I decided to read The Stand anyway because I wanted to see the series and my purism won out.

So I did--I read it at the stove, in the car, in the bathroom, at my mother's house, my friends' houses, the Newport Folk Festival, because I just couldn't put the damn thing down. It was like a hundreds-of-pages-long jawdrop. And I was gone, completely captivated by the story and SK's writing style. When I finished, I did what I always do when I find a new author (Stephen King as New Author pretty much illustrates my knack for Finding Things Late)--obsessively hunted for anything else he'd written that I could get my hands on. What I got my hands on first was The Gunslinger. Thus began my epic love affair with Roland's story (which, surprise! Is a multi-book fantasy series with connections to Arthur) and also gave me a love for dark fantasy that I still have today.

Who is your favorite character?
    Eddie Dean, no contest.

The Waste Lands

How old are you?
    49 *cringe*

Where are you from?
    The green fields of Amerikay, specifically New England.

Do you have a nickname?
    primrose or prim (lowercase, for some reason), around the net. IRL, not really, because there's not a nickname for Kelly I can really tolerate (pleaseohplease do not attempt to find me one).

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Patricia is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I read The Eyes of the Dragon in 4th grade, and after that I was hooked on SK. I found The Gunslinger a year or two later, and promptly devoured the rest of the series that was published, I think the first three.

Who is your favorite charcter? Oy! Also Roland, of course.

What is your favorite book? I don't think I can choose one...they all run together in my mind into a continuous thread.

How old are you? 29

Where are you from? Northern California originally, now Southern California

do you have a nickname?
    Not really...sometimes "P" but that is about it.

John F. Kennedy Nonline is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am Felix, living in Belgium, but on a two month internship in Sapporo (Japan) right now.

- A year ago I was in Austria and I went to a bookstore to buy myself something to read. And by coincidence it was a book of Stephen King (Duma Key). And I thought that book was just wonderful and I wanted to read more of him. And after a few books I saw that he had a series of 7 books called the Dark Tower. Since I tend to like series I thought, let's give it a try and I finished the last one 10 minutes ago. The Dark Tower is Magnificent.

- Roland, the big mistery! He surprises me all the time and it's just wonderful. I'm also a big fan of Oy (and Jake).

- Difficult to say. I just read them the one after the other, so it weren't really seperate books for me. But I think "Wizard and Glass" and "Wolves of the Calla" were just a little better than the other ones.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Belgium

Do you have a nickname?
    Flix-it, but Felix is fine ;-)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

My goodness, I am delighted to see how many new mwmbers we are getting! Welcome everybody. It is amazing that in just 12 days there are 13 new folk posting.
    I hope that you will all stick around, let us get to know each other . There is much to do here, and I am sure that you'r going to love it here. Welcome again.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Felix, Patricia and Kelly, make yourself at home.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

he, my name is rob, I got into reading dark tower after borrowing the gunslinger off my friend two weeks ago. I am now 2/3's of the way through the wastelands and absolutely loving it.
    I'm sure I have not been introduced to all characters (not by a long shot) but so far I have to say Roland is probably my favourite..his revelations and traits keep surprising me.
    I am 24 years old an live in the north-east of england

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome to the site, Rob.

Just a quick warning ... since you're not done with the series yet, beware of SPOILERS on the books you haven't completed!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone!

First things first: thanks, Matt, for helping me register!

This is gonna be long
    Back in 1995, I was on student exchange program in Sweden. First time in another country on my own - no parents to run crying to, no friends (yet) (and no insurance ) As ka would have it, on my second week in Sweden I caught - of all things! - chickenpox. That was a scary thing to have at the age of 19 - extremely high fever, everything aches, etc., etc.

Other students at my dorm took pity on me - brought things to eat, helped with my Swedish studies, and - brought me books! For some reason, there was a lot of Jane Austen (probably every girl who studied English as a second language has read her books at some point) - and don't get me wrong, her books are great - but I was not the type to enjoy them. So they did not exactly relieve my misery.

One day, however, someone brought me a worn paperback which did not look like another JA masterpiece at all. Just two words: "The Gunslinger" were written on its cover. I opened it... and here I am now, 16 years later

An interesting result of my having read it in such circumstances is that I know to a month when I became Tower junkie - Feb 1995.

Roland and Cuthbert. Also Aileen (in graphic novels). And I've got a soft spot for the Tick-Tock Man

The Gunslinger and The Waste Lands are probably favs - but I love them all!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Russia, St.Petersburg

do you have a nickname?
    No - somehow they just do not stick.
    Last edited by RainInSpain; 10-26-2010 at 02:40 AM.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hello and welcome new friends. I am excited, and happy to make yoiur aquaintence.

The answer is within

Traveler ArikRattlehead is on a distinguished road

Hey guys!
    Well, I've wanted to join the dark tower forums for a while now, but since I haven't finished all of the books, i was really scared of spoilers, so i didn't join the forums until now.

Well, I've finished the last of the books around five minutes ago. And I still have the shivers.

I've been reading the dark tower series for about 2 and a half years now, and finished just now because, well, i didn't have a lot of time and the book didn't really grab me by the throat up until the half of the seventh book (although when i read the first book it was so good that i skipped school for the whole day just to finish it).

Well, that's that. Hope I won't have a hard time fitting in

My Mood
    In Love

Hi, Your a tower junkie, you can fit in just fine.Welcome.

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think anyone would have a hard time fitting in here. We literally have all types, and there is something for everyone. Welcome!
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 430 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 ... LastLast