Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 430 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Cool, looking forward to it. Where are you from?
    Salem, OR. You?
    I won't say, but JB might be an alien.
    lol, many places, actually. Chihuahua originally, Roswell next (hence the alien comment...or maybe that was Chihuahua?) and Carlsbad, NM last. That's where I live now.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

welcome, Arrawyn.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome indeed, to ALL newcomers...I'm glad you've finally made it home.
    ( and in case your wondering , this will be like home, I promise you.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler Unfound v2.0 is on a distinguished road Unfound v2.0's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Most of my friends had read the series and it came highly recommended.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland by far, the depth of him, the struggle, his quest.

What is your favorite book?
    The waste lands, I feel it paints the best pictures of the world "moving on". That and the ride on Blaine the mono was intense.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Philadelphia area

do you have a nickname?
    None that i'm that im gonna share, not yet anyway

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Good answer to the last question. Welcome to the site.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound v2.0 View Post
    do you have a nickname?
    None that i'm that im gonna share, not yet anyway
    Don't worry, you'll do it

John F. Kennedy NicNac is on a distinguished road NicNac's Avatar

Hey all, I'm new here, obviously!

I just started the Dark Tower books recently. Been a Stephen King fan for a looong time (got Gerald's Game taken away from me by a teacher in 5th grade, much to the chagrin of my mother), but was just never interested in DT.

Read the Gunslinger a couple months ago and liked it, and then saw on the Stephen King forums last week where someone said, "RUN, don't walk, to get the next ones, and READ THEM all!" and I thought, alright, people love them, they must be good. Picked up drawing of the three and read it in a couple of days, and now I'm racing through The Waste Lands and loving it!!

My mom has been recommending it to me for years.

Unoriginally, it is Roland. I mean, he's a GUNSLINGER, man, and I love his backstory!

I'm only on the third, but so far, The Drawing of the Three was my favorite. I love King's characterizations, and how different and yet completely fleshed out and vivid each character is as we meet them.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Seattle

do you have a nickname?
    call me Nic.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Nic, great to meet you. Welcome to the site.

Traveler Shinra is on a distinguished road

I actually found a bundle with the first three Dark Tower books in an icelandic bookstore and since I usually only had one or two opportunities to find english books a year, I pretty much grapped them instantly (the low price or the interesting pictures/drawings certainly helped).
    I guess that was about in uh, 2007 I think

(hell, I damn dream about DT sometimes... usually after an overdose of reading xD)

I'm not sure... by far most characters feel sortof, human.

However I like Roland the most, if not then only because I'm a huge fan of westerns with Clint Eastwood so ya, go figure

This is a tough one but I think Drawing of the Three, Wizard and Glass (which I didn't like at first, felt like it went too slow but... well, it ninja-ed me now) and Wolves of the Calla are some of the best

How old are you?
    17, will be 18 in a few months (finally.. living 400km away from your parent and banks and bussinesses still demanding a signed paper from them sucks...).
    Where are you from?
    Greenland, born in the capitcal city of Nuuk but currently a resident in Sisimiut, second-largest town in Greenland (ya, college and such).

do you have a nickname?
    Uh ya, but I'm pretty sure none of you can pronounce it, it's one my grandpa called me the first time he saw me after birth, rather impressive considering he can't speak greenlandic xD

But uh, it's "Usukutaaq", few people know it and well, as far as I'm concerned my grandpa is the only one who can call me that

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Shinra! Great to meet you and welcome to the site.

My Mood
    Breezy

Welcome, Shinra.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Miss_kiga is on a distinguished road Miss_kiga's Avatar

hi i am new here

a friend recommended the series to me, he said it was very good, but weird. i become curious about it and burrowed the first in the library. i loved it from the first chapter

i have now read all seven and it is now one of my favorite series

the ka-tet i can't choose between them they are all great characters

the gunslinger, i liked the atmosphere in the book and it was never boring to read

the wastelands, it was there the ka-tet became whole

How old are you?
    21 years

Where are you from?
    denmark

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hile, and welcome to the site!!
    It is so amazing to meet new friends
    and dark tower folken!!

The answer is within

My Mood
    Breezy

welcome, miss kiqa!

John F. Kennedy Quicksilver is on a distinguished road Quicksilver's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all,

Just found the site and am glad to discover others that enjoy what I consider to be Mr King's best series of books.
    I love alternative history stories and the Dark Tower series mix our world with Roland's in many interesting ways.
    I am a published writer (military newpapers and magazines) myself and am always interested in meeting like minded folks.
    I have several "dark fiction" stories "in the can" but as Mr King pointed out in his last book of short stories it is hard to get a book of short stories published unless you are an established author.
    Looking forward to hanging out on the site.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome to the site, new friends.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler whiskey is on a distinguished road

I used to read whatever books my dad had finished reading. He got me into King, it was only natural that I would read this one too. I remember reading the Gunslinger when i was about 13 in one day. Instantly transfixed, and really, unfulfilled when it was over.

Roland is hands down the centerpiece. I liked all the rest, but for some reason, I just never really came around to Susannah much. I don't have a problem with the 'strong willed/powerful woman' character, I just never came around to her. I did like her though, don't get me wrong. The character I liked the LEAST.........HAD to be Stephen King.

The Gunslinger. Close 2nd would be Wizard and Glass.

The Gunslinger is an absolutely brilliant introduction to Roland and his world. It was a little dry in places, and the character of Roland was very mysterious and tough to read at that point, but this is where it all kicked off. And that, in my opinion, makes it the best.

Wizard and Glass, brilliant story. The people of Mejis were some of the best characterizations King's ever done. He put so much into making that entire region and its people real. The love story......blech, but I can at least recognize how important that episode was in building Roland's character.

How old are you? 35 -ish

Where are you from?

Wisconsin, U.S.A.

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Whisky to the site, think you'll
    like it here.

The answer is within

Traveler whiskey is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Welcome Whisky to the site, think you'll
    like it here.
    Thanks!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Traveler LightemUp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Just a young'un

An attorney at the law firm I work at noticed one day that I was reading Dreamcatcher during my break. He mentioned The Dark Tower series, and though I was skeptical at first I eventually borrowed some of his audio books/books and fell in love.

Cuthbert- In the circle of people who've read the books that I know I am always compared to him. I am comic relief for my buddies, and I would have it no other way.

I could say the Wizard and Glass due to my character preference, but I really like the Wolves of Calla. It shows the first bits of interaction outside of the ka-tet

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Originally from Folkston, Georgia... Now living in Mid-Missouri.

Do you have a nickname?
    I've been called caterpillar due to my love of hookah, but Sam will do.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!

Traveler SolidTG7 is on a distinguished road

I used to read lots of fantasy and scifi but I was getting a little tired of more or less the same stuff so a friend told me about King's series and I gave The Gunslinger a shot. All the similar elements to the stuff I've read where there but in completely different and engrossing ways.

Roland is probably my favorite but I also really like the cast of Gilead, like his father Steven and Cort. Although they were not in the novels very much their influence is really why Roland is the way he is. I also really like Jake, he can be so childish but at the same time a cold blooded gunslinger, interesting duality.

The Wizard and the Glass followed by the Gunslinger. Mostly those two because they deal with Mid-World alone and from there on they set up the intertwining of the worlds and give background on many of the things that the other ones refer to or deal with either directly or indirectly. I should mention that I have not yet finished the last one, I'm about halfway through it and I should have it finished by this weekend but that one so far is also pretty good. It's pretty hard to pick just one of these great books.

How old are you? 28

Where are you from?

Livonia, MI USA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 430 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 333 ... LastLast