Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 430 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

hey there ben, long time...welcome to you as well.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the warm wishes...

Traveler DlGuiga is on a distinguished road DlGuiga's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? A few years ago I was bored at school and started reading The Shining from a friend, then I met SK and started reading everything that I can from him.

Who is your favorite charcter? Callahan, of course. I hadn't read Salem's Lot before reading the DT series, but he has always been my favourite character since his appearance in Wolves of the Calla. I also like the teenager Roland. His innocence is somewhat fascinating.

What is your favorite book? I think it's a tie between Wizard and Glass and The Dark Tower. The Mejis part was great, but it could have been shorter. Callahan' scene in the Dixie Pig was also really awesome, so I can't really pick only one book .

How old are you? 15

Where are you from? Brazil

do you have a nickname? DlGuiga is my nickname

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome DlGuiga.......15yrs old wow!! to be young again....
    I believe I've read every SK published book, several 2-3 times. DT, Salems lot, Pet semetary , Dead zone, Desperation, The stand, IT and recenty Blaze are my favorites.... I like to re-read the books and watch the movies just after to see how closley they match..
    My first book was Pet Semetary given to me by my cousin when I lived in Michigan, I remember waiting to go see the film at the theater the day it was released , 1989 I think...

Again welcome..

Brian..

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome DlGuiga

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Along the Path of the Beam Mrs. Underwood is on a distinguished road Mrs. Underwood's Avatar

Default *waves*

Wow, it's been years since I did the message board thing, but I couldn't help myself. Mostly because... well... It's a Stephen King message board! I'm a huge fan and have been since I was 13 (I'm now 27, so that gives you an idea of how long) when I first read "The Langoliers". And yeah, been hooked ever since.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I used to buy all my books used from this little (albeit crappy) used bookstore locally. This was back when owning every Stephen King book under the sun was paramount. I had heard of his more famous works, but then I found this lonely, beat-up book called The Gunslinger. I'd never even heard of it, but I wanted to give it a chance, and I was immediately entranced by this bizarre, western/sci-fi/fantasy world. And Roland, too, of course. Heh.

Who is your favorite character?
    Eddie. What can I say? I love the funny guys. They always instantly win my heart.

What is your favorite book?
    In the series or of King overall? I'll answer both! While I have a great deal of affection for all the Dark Tower books, The Wastelands was by far my favorite. I just love the crazy monsters in that one, as well as how close the ka-tet instantly became.

As for his books otherwise? It definitely takes the top spot.

How old are you?
    *points above* 27

Where are you from?
    I'm a paranoid type who likes to be vague about that. The southern US. Because of that, it doesn't matter how much I know the characters in King's books are typically from New England... I always hear a Southern accent in my head. Silly, yes. Can I help it? No.

do you have a nickname?
    Not really. But if you want to come up with something besides "Mrs. Underwood" (is it obvious I loved Larry from The Stand?), then that's fine. So long as it's not an insult. :p

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Mrs. Underwood, welcome to the site.
    Your av is kickass.

Roland would have understood.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler trig_troll is on a distinguished road

Default Intro

Long time SK fan. Started re-reading DT this winter since there wasn't much else to do. Now I'm obsessed all over again. So... here I am.

This just caught my eye.... It's a headline in the New York Law Journal today...

"Estate's Lawsuit Proceeds Against Rare Book Dealer Over Unsold Lot"

I wonder if the book dealer's name is Tower...?

Bizarre huh?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is weird.

Welcome to the site trig, nice to meet you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler kennetc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Introduction

Howdy.

I began the DT series about 15 years ago (or something like that, its been long enough I do not remember so well). I already loved King, read the Stand during detention in 9th grade in 1984 and was hooked. I don't know how I found The Gunslinger but was hooked right away. Funny though, I can't seem to get through the last one. I'm stuck about half way through. Anyone else have this happen in DT7?

Teenage Roland is my favorite character and Drawing of the Three is my favorite in the series.

Will be 41 in May and live in Wyoming (there's more antelope here than people!).

Looking forward to making a few DT friends!

Ken

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Welcome to the site trig and Mrs. Underwood!

edit: Also, welcome kennetc (my neighbor to the north)!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Traveler kennetc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Traveler meaella is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hey everybody. This is my first post here.

I've been reading Stephen King since I was a kid, but I didn't have much interest in the Dark Tower series until I happened to pick up The Eyes of the Dragon one day. I really liked the fantasy element, so I decided the give The Gunslinger a try.

Eddie's pretty great, and Oy, of course. And for some reason I ended up enjoying Mia, too.

The Wastelands and Wizard and Glass are my favorites of the series; The Shining is my favorite Stephen King book; and The Grapes of Wrath is my favorite book of all time.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Spokane, Washington.

Do you have a nickname?
    Nope.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Hi Meaella! Welcome to the site.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Along the Path of the Beam Mrs. Underwood is on a distinguished road Mrs. Underwood's Avatar

Thank you for the welcomes! I appreciate it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by meaella View Post
    Hey everybody. This is my first post here.

I've been reading Stephen King since I was a kid, but I didn't have much interest in the Dark Tower series until I happened to pick up The Eyes of the Dragon one day. I really liked the fantasy element, so I decided the give The Gunslinger a try.

Eddie's pretty great, and Oy, of course. And for some reason I ended up enjoying Mia, too.

The Wastelands and Wizard and Glass are my favorites of the series; The Shining is my favorite Stephen King book; and The Grapes of Wrath is my favorite book of all time.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Spokane, Washington.

Do you have a nickname?
    Nope.
    Nice to meet you, welcome to the site. I love reading about how everyone decided to give The Dark Tower a go.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler Dark_Tower_Junkie is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Almost a quarter of the way through the Dark Tower (Book 7.) Sad part just passed by.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler theDedication is on a distinguished road

Hey folks, first post here, will probably kill many hours pouring over the site while bored at work... so here I am

Big Fantasy fan, never read much of Stephen King's work before until I was looking for something to read and remembered a friend saying how much they enjoyed the Dark Tower. Just finished reading them for the third time.

Tough call, I like Cuthbert and Eddie the most I think. I like Cort too and wish there was more on Roland's youth I could sink my teeth into.

Of this series definitely Wizard and Glass.
    All time is either The Dice Man - Luke Reinhart or The Godfather - Mario Puzo

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    From Melbourne Australia, living in London, England

Do you have a nickname?
    no

+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 430 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 275 325 ... LastLast