Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 430 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    My dad had the first three when I was young, and I tried to read them because I liked the covers, but I was just too young for it. I was probably 9 years old. I read The Gunslinger a few years back and loved it, so I moved on to The Drawing of the Three, and absoloutely hated the lobstrosities scenes, and put the book down. Then, I met Erin at a party, and being the big nerds taht we are, we started talking about books, and she convinced me to give it another shot. I pushed past the lobstrosities, and loved all of the rest of the books.

Who is your favorite character?
    Eddie, Destiny's Fool. I have a tattoo on my right calf of the Ka symbol with Ka-Mai written under it.

What is your favorite book? Wolves of the Calla

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Richmond, Ky

do you have a nickname? No. Nothing that anyone calls me to my face anyway. haha.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I had read The Talisman a long time ago and heard about The Gunslinger series. It wasn't until several years ago that I actually started on them.

Roland (drool), but after that Oy.

What is your favorite book?

The drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Younger than Randall Flagg, but older then Patrick. (43)

Where are you from?

Born and raised in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

do you have a nickname?

No, but my screen name is a combo of my first and middle names, Teresa Lynn

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yay! thanks for all the posts.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I hope that after launch this thread gets moved to The Way Station forum in the Keystone Tower.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that is a great idea. We'll make it a priority to go through and take any threads that would be productive over onto the site before we archive this forum. It'll give us a good start, if nothing else.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree. I think it would be a perfect way to get started.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

a friend found out i was into stephen king and was going on and on about the gunslinger, she wouldn't let up and kept trying to force me into taking it home with me so i eventually gave in and read it.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    today it's jake, but if you ask me tomorrow it could be someone else and if you asked me while i wasn't in the middle of listening to the series i'd say i can't pick just one.

it's hard to choose. maybe the drawing of the three.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    burkburnett, tx

Do you have a nickname?
    ruki is my nickname, lots of people online know me as zombie.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I read my first King book (Cujo) when I was in 5th grade. I was immediately hooked, so then I picked up The Stand and became a lifelong fan. I read all King's books, except the Dark Tower. I was hesitant to begin because someone (obviously a crazy person) told me they were horrible and a waste of time. One night, however, I was bored and picked up The Gunslinger. A few pages in and there was no way I could ever put it down.

Eddie. I love me some Eddie. And Oy, of course.

Wizard and Glass, by far. Then probably The Drawing of the Three.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Richmond, KY

Do you have a nickname?
    When I lived in N.C, my friends used to call me ELK (my initials), but other than that, I haven't had a nickname in years. Online I just usually go by Erin. I'm boring.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone. A lot of you may know me from TDT.net (mainly in the Collector's Forums there). I'm a long-time King reader and collector. I began to read King when Carrie first came out in paperback. I started collecting the hardcovers with Firestarter. I have all King's works that have been published and some that have not been officially published. I collect, of course. I am trying to specialize in the King proofs, both US and UK. I have almost 100 now. I also have most of the signed limited editions. Yes, I am a King fanatic!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome John. Good to see you here.
    As far as SK proofs go, I'd bet John has one of the top 5 collections in the world.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

<Blush>

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been thinking about it and I don't think I rate in the top 5. Maybe the top 25, though. I know a number of people who have equivalent or better collections of proofs than I, and I'm sure there are others out there that don't post on any of the boards.

Just trying to clear things up.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John,
    until proven otherwise, I stand by my statement.
    You are humble, and that is a great attribute-however, you have a collection of proofs that is the envy of many, and the possession of few.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hi everyone. A lot of you may know me from TDT.net (mainly in the Collector's Forums there). I'm a long-time King reader and collector. I began to read King when Carrie first came out in paperback. I started collecting the hardcovers with Firestarter. I have all King's works that have been published and some that have not been officially published. I collect, of course. I am trying to specialize in the King proofs, both US and UK. I have almost 100 now. I also have most of the signed limited editions. Yes, I am a King fanatic!

John
    Welcome John! It's good to have you here.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Welcome John. I'm the one that throws the dust jackets away, dog ears the pages, drops books in the tub and pretty much desectates them in every way imagainable.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

what? bethany, i am outraged and sad

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

John
    {{{{{{{{{john}}}}}}}}}}

Welcome!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Just rifled through my SK books and stumbled across The Gunslinger that I had started reading years earlier and never finished...I read it, then 2 and 3 back to back and was hooked!

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland

What is your favorite book? DotT followed by Waste Lands. That's "today's" answer! Ask me again tomorrow and it likely will have changed. I love every one for different reasons.

How old are you? 40

Where are you from? Oregon

do you have a nickname? Just Bill.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

An ex-boyfriend introduced me to the Dark TOwer books... at least he was good for something!

I love Eddie and Detta - NOT Susannah, Detta!

I haven't decided... I think the last one.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Oh, Canada!

do you have a nickname?
    everyone calls me Odetta or Detta

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    My brother got me into it. ^^;; He's younger than I am.

Jake or Callahan. I mean, I also love Cuthbert, too.

Can you believe it? Its The Dark Tower.

How old are you?
    I'll be 19 in July. <3

Where are you from?
    Ontario, Canada.

do you have a nickname?

You can call me Can, or Little Princess, and I sometimes go by Riyo, or Winny.
    Never call me Candi/Candy.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Welcome John. I'm the one that throws the dust jackets away, dog ears the pages, drops books in the tub and pretty much desectates them in every way imagainable.
    Blasphemy!!!

(Actually, I have reading copies of most of King's books, and those get very well worn. I've actually gone through two paperback copies of the Uncut Stand. I now have an inexpensive hardcover of that one for a reading copy!)

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you have to have one of both. My copy of the Concordance my parents got me is already looking rough.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Finally, someone who does what I do. Aaron is slowly converting me to a collector mentality, but I still buy and use books solely for my reading pleasure.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Blasphemy!!!

(Actually, I have reading copies of most of King's books, and those get very well worn. I've actually gone through two paperback copies of the Uncut Stand. I now have an inexpensive hardcover of that one for a reading copy!)

John
    No, I think you would really call it blashemy that I actually read my limiteds (although I do so extremely carefully).

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

After discovering SK through The Stand (still my favorite yarn), I happened upon The Gunslinger and immediately fell in love with Roland and Jake.

Jake

Wizard & Glass with out a doubt

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Born in Des Moines Iowa, spent half my life in the Midwest, but now an East Coast snob since 1984. Live in CT, commute daily to NYC.

do you have a nickname?
    Wiz or Wizard

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 430 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast