Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 430 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Candy, you are so very sweet as the name implies.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler Roni is on a distinguished road Roni's Avatar

Hi! I'm Roni, and I'm 20 and I live in France. Hence I've read the Dark Tower in french, unfortunately, even though I'd have loved to read it in english, but I was afraid I wouldn't catch everything up with the old english and the made-up words.
    My favorite character is Eddie, cause I love his sarcastic and very Richie (from It)-ish humour. I can't stand for one of the books yet cause I'm still deep into the 6th one, but I would go for the 3rd one (don't know the english titles, sorry).
    I am very eager for learning english typical DT expressions; I'd guessed a few of them from those I know in french but I'm not sure of all of them.
    Anyway, this site seems to be way more interresting than the french fan-one, so I think I'll stay around for a while, until the DT obsession is gone - if it ever goes away.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    Hi! I'm Roni, and I'm 20 and I live in France. Hence I've read the Dark Tower in french, unfortunately, even though I'd have loved to read it in english, but I was afraid I wouldn't catch everything up with the old english and the made-up words.
    My favorite character is Eddie, cause I love his sarcastic and very Richie (from It)-ish humour. I can't stand for one of the books yet cause I'm still deep into the 6th one, but I would go for the 3rd one (don't know the english titles, sorry).
    I am very eager for learning english typical DT expressions; I'd guessed a few of them from those I know in french but I'm not sure of all of them.
    Anyway, this site seems to be way more interresting than the french fan-one, so I think I'll stay around for a while, until the DT obsession is gone - if it ever goes away.
    Hey Roni, what a great introduction!

We have several people here that are french/english speakers so they should be able to help you out. Great to meet you and welcome to the site.

Traveler Roni is on a distinguished road Roni's Avatar

Thanks to both of you!
    xoxo

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome thinktank!

welcome Roni!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    Ah, I doubt it will ever go away, Roni!
    Welcome, welcome, welcome - make yourself at home.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, welcome, all you cool cats and kittens. Kick back and click around.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Traveler Dartania is on a distinguished road Dartania's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Back in 2002, I'd read virtually every King novel except for any of those in the DT series. I got Everything's Eventual, read "Little Sisters" and loved it so much that I read books I - IV as soon as I could get my hands on them.

Who is your favorite charcter? Without a doubt, Edward Cantor Dean. If I could run away with a literary character, he'd be the one. Roland ranks highest on my chart of badassery, though.

What is your favorite book? From the DT? Wizard & Glass By King? The Shining Otherwise? Waaayyyyy too many to narrow it down.

How old are you? In my head, I'm 29. Forever. 'Cause I say so. In reality, 34 in August.

Where are you from?
    Frolix-8 (but I live in Birmingham, AL)

do you have a nickname? Mom, Your Highness, Fuzzy Britches. Not really, I just made up the last two. I picked Dartania because that's the name I used in prehistoric times at the DT.net.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Dartania View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower? Back in 2002, I'd read virtually every King novel except for any of those in the DT series. I got Everything's Eventual, read "Little Sisters" and loved it so much that I read books I - IV as soon as I could get my hands on them.

Who is your favorite charcter? Without a doubt, Edward Cantor Dean. If I could run away with a literary character, he'd be the one. Roland ranks highest on my chart of badassery, though.

What is your favorite book? From the DT? Wizard & Glass By King? The Shining Otherwise? Waaayyyyy too many to narrow it down.

How old are you? In my head, I'm 29. Forever. 'Cause I say so. In reality, 34 in August.

Where are you from?
    Frolix-8 (but I live in Birmingham, AL)

do you have a nickname? Mom, Your Highness, Fuzzy Britches. Not really, I just made up the last two. I picked Dartania because that's the name I used in prehistoric times at the DT.net.
    Ah, someone from The Tragic City. Wave at Vulcan's ass for me.

Welcome! Woof!

Sure will (although his metal butt was covered some years ago with a tastefully pleated skirt).

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What is the world coming to? They had to cover Roman dicks with sheilds in Grand Central

Welcome to the site Dartania, great to meet you.

I know, right?!?

Thanks for the welcome, I hope to stick around and participate. I mean

My Mood
    Worried

How sad. Now he no longer moons the city? Sad indeed. Of course I have only been back for brief visits in the 15 years since I've been away, so... Poor Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    How sad. Now he no longer moons the city? Sad indeed. Of course I have only been back for brief visits in the 15 years since I've been away, so... Poor Vulcan.
    Yeah...M-O-O-N, that spells Vulcan's ass (or at least, it used to).

Alrighty, I suppose I should get to looking around this place a little more.

2hammeron3

Hello everyone, Im Micheal A.K.A. 2hammeron3

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I was a member of the darktower.net some years ago, looked it up again today and found it no longer exists.. Typed in a .com and found this place. Recreated my account and here I am.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Well from the dark tower books Randall Flagg, that goes for favourite of all Kings books as well.

What is your favorite book?
    By Stephen King? The stand, hands down. Favourite book over all would have to be Frank Herberts Dune.

How old are you?
    I'm 22 years of age, will be 23 on the 19th of October

Where are you from?
    Born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta. Thats in Canada btw.

do you have a nickname?
    Well my name is Micheal, so anything that ryhmes with that really Ie:Motorbike Mike, Micheal Recycle.

My Mood
    Worried

WOOF! Bienvenue!

John F. Kennedy Twilights Fire is on a distinguished road Twilights Fire's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    This is kind of a long story... So bear with me :-) or just skip it..

I've always had a standard pre-set reaction to hearing/reading/seeing the name Stephen King;
    "Ohh it's that guy who writes Horror books.... Whatever"

I saw some of the movies based on his books when I was younger;
    It, The Shining, The langoliers (mini series). And that was basically all that I knew about SK..

Then in 2004 I started dating a girl who was a massive fan and who loved all of his books... Still I was in this "whatever" mind state and just subconsciously decided not to read any of his work...

Skip ahead to 2007 - I went backpacking to New Zealand and Japan for a year...
    During that time I read a lot of books and for the people who haven't "backpacked" before; you just exchange a book when ever you get the chance... It was during the amazing year that I opened my first SK book: "The Stand".
    Problem was; I didn't finish it because it was not my book but the book of a friend of mine (whom I met on the road :-) and he took this book with him when he travelled back to his home :-)

He mentioned before he went that I should definitely start reading the Dark Tower series by SK because that was the best book series he had ever read..

Well after a couple of months I found myself in a New Zealand book store and bought "The Gunslinger"

And from that moment onward I just couldn't stop reading the Dark Tower books...

Who is your favorite charcter? That's a hard one... Eddie is just the ultimate wise cracking smart ass, some of his lines just made me laugh out loud in public places while reading the books :-)
    But Roland is just (how do I come up with a word that does him justice) the incarnation of the ultimate bad-ass..

Ok Roland it is...

What is your favorite book? From the DT? Favorite book?How original: Wizard and Glass.... And favorite book? That's a hard one. I don't think I can name 1.
    Here are a few:

J.R.R Tolkien - The lord of the Rings
    Homer - The Iliad
    Philip K. Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Frank Herbert - Dune
    Raymond E. Feist - Magician

How old are you? 24 years young.

Where are you from? The Hague, The Netherlands

Do you have a nickname? Fire :-)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome to the site Fire! Great intro. I can safely bet that you now have a new obsession.....I do hope so. Being on these boards is the best SK & DT fix next to
    reading his books. I hope to get to know much about you, and your travels.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

John F. Kennedy ConstanToweReader is on a distinguished road

I've read King since I picked up Carrie and couldn't put it down. I loved The Gunslinger. It was stark, different and I just wanted more of the character Roland.

Roland is my favorite.

The Gunslinger is my favorite of the books just because the man in black fled across the desert and Roland followed and so did I.

My other fave King is pretty much a tie between The Stand and IT.

I'm old (55)

From Georgia

and Nay.

My Mood
    Worried

And remember that age is (mostly) a state of mind.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome! I am a mere babe at 40!

And woofer;don't lie. Getting old SUCKS!

I haven't climbed a tree in 6 months or so!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a really great intro Twilight, fun to read. Welcome to the site, I hope you love it.

Also great to meet you CTR!!

John F. Kennedy Twilights Fire is on a distinguished road Twilights Fire's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That was a really great intro Twilight, fun to read. Welcome to the site, I hope you love it.

Also great to meet you CTR!!
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! It's good to join this community!
    Looking forward to joining the discussions!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 430 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast