Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 430 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome jonbocop!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

John F. Kennedy ScottRiley is on a distinguished road ScottRiley's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys!

Just wanna say that this site is amazing and the members and staff seem awesome as hell, a real gem of a site, so thanks for that!

Well, introduction....I'm Scott, in case you missed it, I'm from Liverpool UK, I love all things guitar and music, have been playing guitar for around 6 years and writing music for 8, I'm never gonna grow out of video games, old school RPGs are my favourites and I love tattoos, before you ask I DO plan on getting a DT one

I won't bore you with much more, I look forward to getting settled in and enjoying this place even more!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome ScottRiley!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

welcome, scott!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys.

Oh, I will add, I'm AlishaRiley's brother, seems we both have the same level of originality when it comes to choosing a screen name

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Cool Scott. Alisha is well loved in these parts and I was starting to put 2 and 2 together.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, she's the one that told me about this place a while back and I've only just got down to signing up, really cool community, she was right! I admin on a guitar forum a lot like this, where everyone can just be friends and enjoy themselves, kudos to you all!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to Alisha's brother, Jon's son, and all of our other newest members. Glad to have you here!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Scott! It's good to have you here.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Scott and jonbocop--it's great to meet both of you guys.

Enjoy the site.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler BLAINEthePAIN is on a distinguished road BLAINEthePAIN's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Through my BoyFriend. I wanted him to read one of my favorite books but he wouldn't unless I read the gunslinger. We fought about it for a month because I hate Stephen King's Writing (No offense) and finally I said "Alright gimme the damn book" and I read it and I'm glad I did!

Who is your favorite character?

Blaine, Jake, Roland. I use to like Eddie but then he got annoying.

What is your favorite book?
    The First one, and Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    New Jersey

do you have a nickname?
    Nah,

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site you guys!!!! jonbocop, scottriley and blainethepain.

Traveler Jill is on a distinguished road Jill's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A long time SK fan, I read the first book in the 80's when I was in high school.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Oooh... I really am attached to a lot of them. Roland would have to be my favorite, though.

I'm only just now getting ready to listen to the 7th book. So far, my favorite is Song of Susannah / Dark Tower VI

How old are you?
    29 for the past decade +

Where are you from?
    Spotsylvania, VA

do you have a nickname?
    My nickname is my real middle name (always gone by it) -- Jill.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welome Jill. Glad to have you here with us!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jill and Blaine...wonderful to meet you both.

Welcome to the path of the beam.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, guys.
    Especially you, Riles.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey folks, my name is Jay, I live in Bangor, and have been an ardent admirer of King's stuff since I was a teen. I enjoy photography and tend to favor Historical shots of the Bangor area as well as sites that King references in his books.
    -Stuff you wouldn't see while on a Bus tour or if you were not very familiar with the area.

When guests come, the first thing they want to see is Steve's House, but there are far more interesting sites to be seen. Each book that references "Derry" or "Castle rock" and many that do not, (may still have locations that are specific to Bangor or the area)

Imagine reading "IT" while you live just off State St. Hill and you have a sewer drain just outside your house. One can't help but get a little skeeved out by that darned storm DRAIN!

There are locations described that are drawn from a more imaginative place, like "The Barrens" but if you follow the Kenduskeag stream up a ways, it broadens out to what is obviously the place described in the book, -sewer pipes and all.

I could list a dozen "Derry" places that are not on any Tour guide but -do- exist.
    -But this is stuff that would only be interesting to the most ardent and avid of King readers.

A few places that always tug at my mind are; 'the curve across from Mt Hope cemetery, where the taxi slid off the road in "Dead Zone" I can't drive by there without the hair standing up on my neck. (Also) When Johnny's physical therapist's House catches on fire, -that house is basically the house that Tabitha grew up in, it's on Academy Hill in Old Town. These tie-ins, sometimes definitive, sometimes imaginative, always put an extra interesting twist on the tales. -Like the little Pet Cemetery behind a row of houses in Orrington. -And the massive OrringCo trucks that bomb through at break neck speeds alllll true! I find myself scanning the right side of the road -to catch a glimpse of Fred Gwynne sitting on his front porch LOL!

If you have a location in 'Derry', 'Castle Rock' or in Maine that intrigues you, and you would like to see what it "looks like" just send me the relevant descriptive text from the paragraph that describes the area, and I would be glad to go out and snaps some 'fotergraffs"

I will start off with a "then Vs now"

I am aware that a local photographer took pictures of many of theses places and made a 'coffee table' book, -but I always thought I could do better.

Then

Screen cap from "Graveyard Shift"

Now

-Jay

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great intro misterman, wonderful to meet you.

Traveler BrianDeschain is on a distinguished road

Well, as a Stephen King fan, references to DT are pretty much unavoidable. I only started reading them when I found out they were published in matching covers here (yes, I'm that anally retentive sometimes )

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland, of course, you can't not like him. But the rest of the Ka-Tet are amazing characters as well. Very difficult to choose, so I'm not going to.

Wizards and Glass. Probably regarded as the best of the entire series by others too.

How old are you?
    I'm twenty. Turning 21 in just a month.

Where are you from?
    The Netherlands. I just switched to reading novels in English that were written that way. I got bothered by some of the translating done, and I decided to switch over. It actually wasn't that hard.

do you have a nickname?
    None that I know of. I also don't know if that's a good thing or not .

Traveler TheeNinja is on a distinguished road TheeNinja's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all.
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased that line and replaced it with a fish."

To "arr" is pirate. To " " is ninja.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome to all the new members! So great to see some family joining up as well !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to welcome Hihosilver, who hasn't posted on the board yet - but pm-ed to let me know he'd joined.

It's really cool because he's some random (cute ) guy I met in the pub last night and ranted at to join the site because his Dad named him Gage after Pet Sematary Y'know, how often do people you meet when you've had a few beers remember this kinda shit?...I'm stoked

Make sure you post Gage!!!

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    If you have a location in 'Derry', 'Castle Rock' or in Maine that intrigues you, and you would like to see what it "looks like" just send me the relevant descriptive text from the paragraph that describes the area, and I would be glad to go out and snaps some 'fotergraffs"

-Jay

Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing the Barrens you speak of, see if they are anything like what I imagine them to be. Probably not, ha ha.

Maybe start a new thread for requests I guess.

Also, I can't remember the name of it, Dark Scour Lake maybe?, the one Cara Laughs was on, if that's real or based on a real lake, that would be a neato picture.

Thanks and

---Whidden

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Score I'm giving you the cigar anyway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 430 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... LastLast