Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 430 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler boomstick75 is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    -Waited impatiently to receive it from the Lincoln Trails library system when I found that there was a King book I hadn't read (I was in junior high and the month long wait was EXCRUCIATNG)

Who is your favorite character?
    -Roland; although he might be supplanted by Jake at some time...

What is your favorite book?
    -Considering I just finished The Dark Tower a few hours ago, I don't think I'm far enough removed from it to decide that yet.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    -NYC area

Do you have a nickname?
    -Ash

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Ash - Welcome to the site!

Wow, you just finished a few hours ago.... take a breath, man and then dive right in.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys.
    Although, I must say, I'm so glad I found you, too!
    It's amazing to actually be in a world in which everybody shares my obsession, rather than just rambling on and on about DT to people who have no idea what I'm talking about!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

That's just how we feel Lilli, now I can say welcome "home"!

I see we have another new member today too, so Welcome BoomstickAsh!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler Ralford is on a distinguished road

Someone said in another msg that the 1st post is the hardest. I haven't posted anything on any type of forum for about 4 or 5 years.......but here goes:

X-wife bought me Gunslinger for my birthday. I had been an avid King reader before that with the exception of DT and Eyes of the Dragon. Not horror, SO not Stephen King was my reasoning. But, I read it out of obligation. Obligation became intrigue became fascination became obsession, etc, etc, etc.....

Would have to go with Eddie Dean. Roland was raised in the gunslinger lifestyle. Eddie, on the other hand had a lot to over come (personal problems, culture shock) to become what he was destined to be.

The Stand. That is the only book that really ever scared me. I was 13 years old, and alone in our huge OLD farmhouse. I was at the part where Larry Underwood was going through the Lincoln Tunnel. S C A R Y! To say the least, i had to wait for daylight to resume reading.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Missouri, but currently residing in New Mexico.

Do you have a nickname?

Depends on who you ask.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Ralford

That was a good first post! Welcome to the site, you may have a new obsession, we all do!! I hope you you have found a home with us.

The answer is within

Traveler Shauna is on a distinguished road Shauna's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Randomly. My Dad was always a SK fan, so I began young. I had already read several books when I was 14, but my Dad didn't have the Dark Tower series. I didn't find the Gunslinger until I was 17. A friend of mine was being domestically abused by her step-dad, and I helped her escape. After I helped her move, I found the Gunslinger in my back seat. I read it in a day, then went out and got copies of the others. My friend said she doesn't know where it came from, and nobody else drove my car (which had just been cleaned.) Ka, maybe? lol

Who is your favorite charcter?

Oy

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Pittsburgh, PA. Currently living in Indiana, PA, birthplace of Jimmy Stewart and Christmas Tree capital of the World.

Do you have a nickname?
    No practical ones. I have one friend who calls me Shamus, though. lol

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Welcome RJ, Ovistus, starberry, AlishaRiley, boomstick75, Ralford, and Shauna! I hope you enjoy the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Randomly. My Dad was always a SK fan, so I began young. I had already read several books when I was 14, but my Dad didn't have the Dark Tower series. I didn't find the Gunslinger until I was 17. A friend of mine was being domestically abused by her step-dad, and I helped her escape. After I helped her move, I found the Gunslinger in my back seat. I read it in a day, then went out and got copies of the others. My friend said she doesn't know where it came from, and nobody else drove my car (which had just been cleaned.) Ka, maybe? lol

Oy

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Pittsburgh, PA. Currently living in Indiana, PA, birthplace of Jimmy Stewart and Christmas Tree capital of the World.

Do you have a nickname?
    No practical ones. I have one friend who calls me Shamus, though. lol
    My dad also played a big part in getting me to read King when I was younger. It's weird how influential I guess he's been on my life because of that.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Shauna,

nice to meet you!

The answer is within

Gunslinger Apprentice ClicheGuevara is on a distinguished road ClicheGuevara's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hola all you new Dudes and Dudettes! I've only been here a few days but this site rocks!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler herojuana is on a distinguished road

In high school. Ate up every Stephen King book I could find.

Roland.

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Canada. Now living in China.

do you have a nickname?

hero

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Hero!

Traveler VAN HILLE is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quite a while ago !!! I've been a constant reader since 1985. I was 16 when I started to read Stephen King books and I immediatly became addicted to his universe... Needed to read more and more... Being French, I only had access to translated books. But I needed more. So I started to try to read them in English too. In the beginning, it was quite hard but little by little, it all got better... I discovered that some of the novels had not been translated... I needed them... I started to collect more and more and more... And I came across The Dark Tower path and THAT was some revelation !!! The Tower haunted me for years after that !!!
    In 1992, I wanted to share this passion with other readers. I then created a club in my university : CLUB STEPHEN KING LILLE. And I was really surprised to see that there were so many people wanting to share. The club spread threw the years. We released a fanzine in French that dealt with Stephen King books (their studies, analysis etc.). We called it "Steve's Rag" (lol).
    In 1996, my university sent me to Maine to work on King books... It was so great discovering Maine. And that was a really lucky time. At the University of Orono, I met Burton Hatlen and had an "interview" with him about Stephen King as a student. I went to the Foggler Library when I got access to a famous box containing rare manuscripts from King. I also got lucky enough to get a hand on some Maine Campus texts I thought I'd never found.
    I was also lucly to meet Stuart Tinker from Bett's Bookstore who helped me a lot around Bangor. Thanks to him, I had access to the Bangor airport where the wreck of the plane used for the Langoliers film was displayed... I went to Lisbon Falls, Durham... And some cool place along route 15 where the real Pet Sematary was... I found the house where the book was written (thanks to a picture found in George Beahms books) and the two old ladys who lived in way back then were kind enough to let me in.
    But the moment I'll treasure my entire life was when I met Stephen King at a signing !
    Some pictures of that moment here : http://club.stephenking.free.fr/arti...?lng=fr&pg=142
    Back in France, with friends, we developped a website about King and I started working on a huge study about the Dark Tower.
    But life, some times, also give bad surprises... And I got quite bad ones...
    I had to quit for a while... In a few months, I lost several people that meant a lot to me... Some died... Some got away with no reasons... And I started to slowly go down and down and down... Started to lose interested in life...
    It took me 5 whole years to regain strength and fight back.
    Now, I feel a lot better and I try to fill the years I lost...
    Glad to be back !

Jake !!!!!

The Waste Lands

How old are you?
    I'll turn 40 next september

Where are you from?
    France

do you have a nickname?[/
    Lou (for my friends)
    Lounours (for my lover)

Traveler herojuana is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot.

I wish I had found this site back when I was reading the books, but I have them all at home so a good reason to read them again.

Roland, although he's my favourite character, makes me a little sad. He's such a noble guy, really selfless and brave.

The Dark Tower series has consistently brought me to tears in the past, there are some moments that are actually painful to read (Oy, for example).

I have a friend who is reading them for the first time right now and he is out of his mind with excitement, literally bursting with the need to talk about TDT and all of the characters.

Father Callahan is another favourite of mine.

That settles it, starting to read The Gunslinger today.

Thank you for making this site a reality, it's very cool.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to have you.

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Hero!

Welcome Lou!

Your stories are great, I am delighted that you have found us at last, come on in theres so much to do.We here are all so happy to have more folks to talk about the series, and countless other subjects too...I think you'll come to love this place as much as we do!

The answer is within

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome necromanticize!

welcome Qvistus!

welcome starberry!

welcome AlishaRiley!

welcome boomstick75!

welcome Ralford!

welcome Shauna!

welcome herojuana!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Hoot is on a distinguished road

Besides my school forums [where I turn in homework], this is the only forum I've ever partaken in, due to my [relatively new] obsession with Stephen King's series.

Well, there isn't really a back story. I remember I just finished a reread of A Song of Ice and Fire, and I was lost on what to read afterwords. I found the Gunslinger on a bookshelf. It was short [I usually like a long, winded story], but Stephen King was a name I've heard [but never read], so I decided to give it a go. Frankly, I didn't like the Gunslinger that much at all. The mood of the book was supposed to be dark, spooky, quiet, all those things. But it sorta sounded dull at key points. Admittedly, the landscaping was superbly done, and the details about the fight in Tull were great, but it was mostly the stories of Roland's childhood that kept me on the road of the Beam. Especially that of Hax. I thought [and still think] the man's a hero. Whoever he works for. I was pleased to see that in Drawing, the story really picked up, and I soon became obsessed. I whizzed through the second and third book, but I couldn't get a copy of Wizard and Glass here in Warsaw, so I was stuck for a month in that aggravating Blaine cliffhanger. Waiting was very painful. I almost skipped a party, that actually I was very happy not to skip, it was kickass, just to read Wizard and Glass when it came through mail. =P

It used to be Cuthbert Allgood, but now I think Father Callahan overtook him. His story in Wolves was excellent. Although I've never read Salem's Lot, I thought the confrontation with Barlow[?] was the best part of Wolves, and I'm planning to read Salem's Lot after I finish the Dark Tower series.

Uhhh. I really don't know. I tend to forget books relatively easily. But the ones that always stayed in my mind were Xenocide by Orson Scott Card, A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin.
    If that was concerning my favorite book in the Dark Tower series, I'd say Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Seoul, Korea. If I was born two days later I'd be born in Los Angeles, California. But right now I'm in Warsaw, Poland. If anyone cares I've interviewed Szpilman's wife. t'was amazing =D

Do you have a nickname?

Um. Not really. People just call me by half my first name or my last name.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Hoot!

It's great to meet you and welcome to the site.

Wonderful intro
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Hoot!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice ClicheGuevara is on a distinguished road ClicheGuevara's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sup Hoot.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Hoot!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hoot, I got a kick out of your "long" wait before reading Wizard and Glass--I read the books as they came out, and my long wait was almost six years! When I got to the cliffhanger in Waste Lands, I almost threw the book across the room.

John

Traveler TheJoker1x is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hile,
    I recently joined this awesome website and am very pleased that I did so.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen or has the complete "Camala (spelled right?) Poem" from the 6th book, Song of Susannah.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 430 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast