Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 430 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site! And nice to meet you. Im William
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by r7an View Post
    Just registered

I read 'the gunslinger' when I was 13, and read it again and again, I thought it was fantastic. I thought it was a one off for years until I read up on it online.

Bought the 2nd book 2 months ago and haven't looked back.

Up to the 4th book (Wizard and the Glass) just now, and have to say, isn't Susan Delgado one of the best King characters ever created? She's just so believable. I think every person that has read this novel has felt their heart sink for Susan.

Anyway enough of my rabble, good to be here.

PS. Remember I'm only on book 4, don't ruin this!
    For good, bad or "in the middle" you are most definitively" in for the ride of your life from hereon out. Enjoy it, as we all did and please register your reactions here!!

It will definitely be the "strangest" and most "beautiful" read you enjoy for quite a while!!

Good Luck!!8)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Hi r7an! Welcome to the site. Feel free to introduce yourself in our introduction thread. Also, just as an fyi, until you get five posts you won't be able to use certain features on the site, like the arcade and the PM system. So post your heart out.

I'm going to leave this up until tomorrow, and then I'm going to go ahead and merge this with our welcome thread.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome r7an! Like Hannah said, keep posting, a few more and your abilities on the site will increase. Enjoy the rest of the series!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! Watch out for spoilers until you finish the series, and congratulations on your first journey to the Tower!

Let us know if you need any help navigating the site!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Traveler DirtyJim is on a distinguished road DirtyJim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone, I'm James. Everyone calls me Jim, so go for it I guess. I decided to join here because I needed some other tower junkies to talk to. I'm from Jax FL. I love the series, although I'm only 3 books in. My favorite book (non tower) would have to be The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

Anywho it's nice to be here, and I'm sure I'll fit right in.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jim! It's good to have you here.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, lots of first-timers in here! Enjoy your first ride, it's the best!

Let us know if you need help navigating the site, and watch out for spoilers!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, it's nice to be welcome here. Although I should say I needn't worry about spoilers, even though I've only read up till the end of Wastelands I sadly already know the way the tale ends, it seems My sluething skills were rather on par when I started reading the series. Although I am still getting used to how the site is put together. lol.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Trust me, until you read it for yourself, you have NO IDEA.

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, aside from the details leading up to the end, I know what happens. I don't know the way the tracks get me there, but I know what the destination,
    Spoiler:
    (or should I say departure)
    is. lol. It all came to me when I read about the stop lights in Lud. Then the guy that introduced me to the series confirmed it.
    Spoiler:
    Who happens to be the Marten of My life. If I was Rolands father, that is. lol.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say keep reading buddy! Enjoy the site, welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I plan on it. I look at it this way, the begining and the ending are the bread of the story, and the middle is all the good stuff, I thoroughly plan on enjoying the best part of the sammich. lol. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if you know the absolute end there is much to learn along the way. Enjoy!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed. I hope to have many more memories with My friends in midworld before I put the book down so to speak. I already have a couple that'll stay with me till the end of My journey.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and long beyond the end, my friend.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

I certainly hope so.

Anywho, I'm retiring for the night, thanks to everyone I met so far, and those I'll meet in the future. As for now, this gunslinger is weary of this world, so he's going to cross over into another one. For about eight hours or so. lol.

Night all.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goodnight!

If you rescue me

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler T.A.M is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi! I'm T.A.M. I started reading the Dark Tower series some time last year and I was completly hooked on the first page. All I need to do is find and read the last book and I'm ready to start rereading! My favourite character is Roland and my second favourite is... Never mind, I love all of them. I'm 15 and I live on the Central Coast, Australia. I joined this site because I can't find the last book at my friendly neighberhood library and I need a regular Dark Tower fix. Also everyone I know gives me odd looks whenever I go on about Roland and his katet...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Jim and TAM, You are so going to love it here. I believe you've found home.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome DirtyJim!

welcome T.A.M!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Welcome guys! I joined here about a week or two ago and I have to say not only is it a great place to post and hang out, but everyone here is really nice and friendly. I really enjoy chatting with them all and already feel like they are friends.

I hope you guys enjoy it here as much as I do!

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jim and T.A.M.
    Hope you enjoy yourselves here.

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey there guys. I'm HellBeast. I'm 19 years old, I live in Stirling in Scotland and I view myself as British. I stumbled across the Dark Tower when Wolves of the Calla was released, and I've been hooked ever since. My favourite character is Eddie, then probably Roland. I joined this site because I love chatting about the Dark Tower, and at first sight it appears that this a plae I can do that so yeah, here I am lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 430 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast