Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 430 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    It was sometime in 2002, I was a lapsed SK fan talking about books on a Kevin Smith forum. I mentioned having loved Talisman and The Black House,and that I really missed that side of SK's storytelling - and some peach of a person recommended the Dark Tower books...for which my imagination will be eternally grateful!

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Hmmm...well...it wouldn't be DT without Roland, but it also wouldn't be SK without Flagg...can I pick both?

What is your favorite book?
    Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Gloucestershire in the UK.

do you have a nickname?
    A few, but you can call me Lisa

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's good to have you here Lisa. It's been awhile.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

<3 Brice...man, I've missed you!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Lisa. Great to have you
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you - Its great to be here...I feel like I just unwrapped a really cool present

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Hey Darkthoughts.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MaraJShakespeare View Post
    Hello, all!...

...If you don't know who I am yet, that means you really are new to this random aggregation of oddballs. I'm sure the old hands spotted me just by the length of this post! At any rate, it's good to be here; as Keith Richards likes to say, it's good to be anywhere! As I sit here at the station shown in my avatar, eating a delightful meal of breaded veal scallopini, I am delighted to see the community growing. Who knows? Perhaps we'll really see the films come into being in the next few years, and even more people will come to know the story of Roland in the coming years! But we who've read it will remain the vanguard, and having places like this to meet and exchange ideas is truly a blessing. May we all be well met in this place!
    um...i was over at the .net for over three years, and i have NO idea who you are.

say sorry.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

hey, darkthoughts! Nice to see you over here!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Heard about The Gunslinger from my brother, and later heard of the Tower in Hearts in Atlantis.

Who is your favorite charcter? The Tick Tock Man

What is your favorite book? The Wastelands

How old are you? 16

Where are you from? Illinois

do you have a nickname? Nah
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey B Rag, nice to see you here!
    In Digitized Remorse

Along the Path of the Beam LadyGan is on a distinguished road LadyGan's Avatar

Hi B Rag!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have always been a fan of Stephen King. I read The Gunslinger not long after it came out, and I was hooked. Spent the next 20 years of my life waiting for the rest!

Roland.

The Drawing of the Three. That's where, IMHO, the series really started to get it's feel.

How old are you?
    40 going on 12, on a good day.

Where are you from?
    I was born and raised in Saginaw, Michigan, but I've lived in Colorado since 1993.

do you have a nickname?
    Not one I can repeat here!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Daghain

Nice to meet you.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Darkthoughts and Daghain!
    Attached Images

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice sai delgado is on a distinguished road sai delgado's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

welcoming lurve to new people
    'He bowed low, right down to the ground, in front of the man sitting there motionless, whose smile reminded him of everything that he had ever loved in his life, of everything that had ever been of value and holy in his life.' Herman Hesse

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember seeing the title at the front of a book many years ago, think it was Pet Cemetary, and asking the book store owners when it was coming out....think it was a long while after that, but remember asking how much it would cost to get one, from grants and was told a price that was too high for me at the time...they were probably sold out anyway by the time i found them.

I'd say Eddie, but give Blaine a mention as stand out bad guy...erm train!!

The Waste Lands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    UK - Hull

do you have a nickname?
    shaq or shaggy

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Shaq, nice to have you

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by B Rag View Post
    Where are you from? Illinois
    Hey I'm in Kentucky! Not too far away. Welcome again!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

Default Well, you can't meet everybody. . .

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraJShakespeare View Post
    Hello, all!...

...If you don't know who I am yet, that means you really are new to this random aggregation of oddballs. I'm sure the old hands spotted me just by the length of this post! At any rate, it's good to be here; as Keith Richards likes to say, it's good to be anywhere! As I sit here at the station shown in my avatar, eating a delightful meal of breaded veal scallopini, I am delighted to see the community growing. Who knows? Perhaps we'll really see the films come into being in the next few years, and even more people will come to know the story of Roland in the coming years! But we who've read it will remain the vanguard, and having places like this to meet and exchange ideas is truly a blessing. May we all be well met in this place!
    um...i was over at the .net for over three years, and i have NO idea who you are.

say sorry.
    I know; I'm really only playing this game with a certain crowd of regular Palaverites from DT.net. But I do look forward to knowing and being known by everyone else! I know I'll never quite manage that, but the fun is in trying. . .
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

-Motto of Aleister Crowley

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that eventhough a lot of us know eachother from other places, we can gather here with a fresh start.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

My Uncle Cole gave me The Gunslinger on my 17th birthday.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland.

Wastelands

How old are you?

Old enough to know better, too young to care.

Where are you from?

None of your beeswax.

Do you have a nickname?

Jimmy, but you can call me Jimmy. If that doesn't work for you, please feel free to call me Jimmy.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome shaq and Jimmy
    Attached Images

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam LadyGan is on a distinguished road LadyGan's Avatar

Welcome!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Jimmy, you're so mysterious.

Also, you have an uncle Cole? Eerie. Well, I guess it's only eerie if it's his last name. But still.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I was 14 when Drawing of the Three had come out in the stores and was walking into the bookstore at the mall and saw a big, Drawing of the Three display and picked one up curious as hell, I was about to start reading it when I noticed it was book 2 of the series and so went back into the store and bought The Gunslinger and read them back to back and have been a hooked-through-the-bag Towerjunkie since.

Who is your favorite character?
    I don't have a single one. The Red King (of course), Walter, Oy, Roland and Susannah are the tops.

Dark Tower 7

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Massachusetts

do you have a nickname?

CK, Allhail, AHTCK, and Asshole.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 430 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast