Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 430 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler Sabrina_19 is on a distinguished road Sabrina_19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hello everyone. my name is sabrina, i'm a 20 year old girl from connecticut, and i am giggling uncontrollably as i join this community because i can't believe there are really this many people as obsessed with the Dark Tower as i am. also because i smoke a lot of pot. my friends all make fun of me incessantly because i seem to relate everything to that whole world. i am notorious for getting all excited when i meet someone my age who actually reads books and harassing them until they want to read all 7 books tomorrow. i only recently found out there are graphic novels... about creamed my pants. those are priority number one to acquire as soon as i can. i don't have a computer of my own, so my rantings will be infrequent, but i am so glad that i'm not alone anymore on this! i hope we're well met!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Welcome, Sabrina! (I can't believe you're surprised that there are this many DT Junkies. I mean, c'mon, it IS a fantastic series! )
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Long days and pleasant nights, Sabrina! Yeah, it's the series of the universe of course lots of great people love it.

Roland would have understood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Tower Junkies,
    Come on in stick around, we'll "fix "ya right up!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Sabrina! It's great to have you here.

Edit: After you get 5 posts PM Gretchen (gsvec who posted above you. She said in the other thread if you send her your address she has one of those Stand sketchbooks for you. And if you need The Gunslinger Born one I have a spare of that.)
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Sabrina_19!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

welcome to all new palaverites. i hope you find yourself as at home here as i do.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler TheMightyMonarch is on a distinguished road

Yo, I'm TheMightyMonarch, I see there's already a fan on this page, so that's really awesome, I should get along here fine....

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read IT, I was like "Holy ***", and when I read about this "magnum opus" on Wikipedia, I looked up mangum opus and then was like "Holy crap, I have to read this!" I was driven to the bookstore where I picked up The Gunslinger, and I started the series.

Who is your favorite character? Ed. Oh, Dark Tower wise. Well, my favorite character is at least a variation on that name, Eddie Dean, because he's just a really cool person who's been through alot and learned from all his experiences but also didn't turn into cold, serious guy like Roland in the beginning of the series.

What is your favorite book? All-book wise, IT or Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. DT wise, The Waste Lands.

How old are you? I don't want to disclose that just yet, but soon I'll be able to.

Where are you from? New York. But I barely remember that.

do you have a nickname? You can call me Monarch, but I'd really prefer it if you called me Uman, as that's was off of my first forum screenname, Umaniac143. If you knew me really well you could call me Uma, but nobody here does, so, you shouldn't call me that.

So, now that the questionnaire's done (does anybody even do that anymore? I didn't check), I've been a fan for a little bit over a year (I've finished all of them, there's no way I would've even entered this site if I hadn't), and I've known about this site for awhile. I'm not going to be on here for a bit and just leave, I choose my forums very wisely and always spend alot of time on the ones I go to. So I'm happy to be here, and I hope you'll be happy to have me here.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very intriguing, Uman (note that I did NOT call you Uma!!), and welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find your way around, but if you get lost there will always be someone around to help you find your way.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome mighty one!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome TheMightyMonarch!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So, now that the questionnaire's done (does anybody even do that anymore? I didn't check), I've been a fan for a little bit over a year (I've finished all of them, there's no way I would've even entered this site if I hadn't), and I've known about this site for awhile. I'm not going to be on here for a bit and just leave, I choose my forums very wisely and always spend alot of time on the ones I go to. So I'm happy to be here, and I hope you'll be happy to have me here.
    Welcome to the site my friend, its great to meet you.

Traveler Dinh is on a distinguished road Dinh's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hile Gunslingers!

I'm Emil Despodov, son of Slavcho, of Delchevo, Macedonia

It's a great pleasure to have stumbled upon the dark tower palaver, as I have only last night finished TDT Series

I believe we are well met here under the glorious sun...

Long days and pleasant nights to you ALL...

::makes a kneeling gesture with his fist on the forehead::

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Emil!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We are well met indeed, Emil. It's good to have you here.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Uman, and Emil to your new favorite web site ! It is a pleasure to meet you.

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Dinh!

My Mood
    In Love

Oh, I am sorry ...I missed Dinh, welcome to the site !!

The answer is within

Traveler Gileadean Knight is on a distinguished road

hello everyone,
    I started reading The Dark Tower after I read The Eyes of the Dragon (i randomly found The Eyes of the Dragon while browsing at the local library) and I thought "hm, does king have any other novels of a similar, not so horroresque but more fantasy oriented, style?" (I didn't know king's stuff that well) so I researched a bit and found The Dark Tower. At the time everyone was reading Lord of the Rings and I wanted to be different and read an epic adventure series that had real merit but that none of my friends were reading (don't ask me why). It has worked out pretty well so far.
    I'm here because i want to put my ideas on to the table and also be able to be inspired/educated/enlightened/entertained etc. by everyone else's thoughts.
    I have a particular interest in the potential dramatization of the story through either film(s) or a tv mini series because I am a filmmaker by profession and I love the Dark Tower. I have a lot of opinions about this j.j.abrams business (that might sound harsh but it's not necessarily meant to be, not yet anyways), the discussion of which is beyond the scope of this current post and as such i'll just end it by saying I hope to be able to contribute to this forum in a good way.
    gileadean knight,
    gileadeanknight@yahoo.com

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome, such a great screen name ! I look forward to those posts.

The answer is within

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gileadean Knight View Post
    hello everyone,
    I started reading The Dark Tower after I read The Eyes of the Dragon (i randomly found The Eyes of the Dragon while browsing at the local library) and I thought "hm, does king have any other novels of a similar, not so horroresque but more fantasy oriented, style?" (I didn't know king's stuff that well) so I researched a bit and found The Dark Tower. At the time everyone was reading Lord of the Rings and I wanted to be different and read an epic adventure series that had real merit but that none of my friends were reading (don't ask me why). It has worked out pretty well so far.
    I'm here because i want to put my ideas on to the table and also be able to be inspired/educated/enlightened/entertained etc. by everyone else's thoughts.
    I have a particular interest in the potential dramatization of the story through either film(s) or a tv mini series because I am a filmmaker by profession and I love the Dark Tower. I have a lot of opinions about this j.j.abrams business (that might sound harsh but it's not necessarily meant to be, not yet anyways), the discussion of which is beyond the scope of this current post and as such i'll just end it by saying I hope to be able to contribute to this forum in a good way.
    gileadean knight,
    gileadeanknight@yahoo.com
    Great to meek you GK--the place is a buzz with exactly the conversations you are looking for, feel free to jump right in.

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Gileadean Knight!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome folken!

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 430 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast