Page 380 of 430 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler JJCANNY will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hello
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I was at a book signing here in the UK for James Herbert - The Shrine 1983 , got chatting and told him I liked King , he mentioned The Dark Tower and advised I should get a copy ................

Who is your favorite character?

Jake

What is your favorite book?

DT1V

How old are you?

Very !!

Where are you from?

Manchester UK

do you have a nickname?

Canny

how did you find this site?

Various social media site references

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Canny!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    P2

Traveler JJCANNY will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome !

Traveler amazinglostmc will become famous soon enough amazinglostmc's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello-o-o, everybody!

Name's Art. I'm 21. Born on a dark and stormy night in the middle of December. It feels like everything from the start of my life had pushed me towards the weird-and-horror obsession, but I didn't actually caved to my inner voice until about two years ago. I remember that during countless hours inside the bookstores, Stephen King's books were pratically jumping on me from the shelves, but I was never interested. Well, how stupid I was... But things must happen when they must happen, I guess? And so everything has changed in the summer of 2015. It was the summer of the Dark Tower, and I don't even remember anything else about these months other than reading and re-reading the books. The books were on sale, and I thought: "Well, what the hell. Seven books that came out during a 20+ year span are a PERFECT introduction to an author". And they were, oh, they were...

Favorite character: Father Callahan. Favorite book is Wolves of Calla. Since I screwed up a little and didn't read 'Salem's Lot before the DT cycle, Callahan's life story was the highlight and still is one of my favorite character stories of all time. Not to say that Elton John's "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" has later played a large personal part in my life too.

How I found out about this site? Well, I had an idea about making some custom dust jackets for our local hardcovers, since they lacked them, and I stumbled upon this forum. They idea is long gone, but the site was still one of my favorites, and I regularly visited. I don't even know why I haven't signed up earlier, but now I'm here.

<- That's me when I go to "My Stephen King Collection" forum, and all the messages there have set me a goal for the future - to start and develop a little "original" Stephen King collection myself. It's just the right time, being tired of constant mistakes of our local editors and publishers (Can you believe that here in Russia we still have no full edition of Skeleton Crew availiable? One time it's no afterword, the other time it's no foreword... Not to mention constant errors, like when a translator thought that "the moose head over the fireplace" is actually "the mouse head over the fireplace" in Bag of Bones, and I kid you not, it was actually translated as "the mouse head". And there are a lot more...).
    But for right now... I'm sure glad to be here.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amazinglostmc View Post
    Not to mention constant errors, like when a translator thought that "the moose head over the fireplace" is actually "the mouse head over the fireplace" in Bag of Bones, and I kid you not, it was actually translated as "the mouse head"

Traveler amazinglostmc will become famous soon enough amazinglostmc's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Want some more? In Pet Sematary, when
    Spoiler:
    Gage gets run over by a truck,
    there was a line that sounded something like this: "...and the Snickers bars went flying out of his pocket". Sneakers, Snickers... Yeah.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, comrade!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Guys & Gals!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the party everyone, you bring the whiskey and I'll bring the coke

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post

WELCOME ALL!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post

WELCOME ALL!!
    Seems to me Jon, that you wake up every day glad that you are holding onto one blade of grass, and not falling off the face of the earth!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you saying I'm a old dinosaur awaiting extinction? I'm too old..no longer relevant?

Why I ought to... WTF IS THIS?....

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

*looks down shamefaced, kicking dirt*
    Umm, hi? I'm Bethany.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Umm, hi? I'm Bethany.
    Well well, Bethany. Welcome to the site. How did you come across the site? Did you join on your own accord or did you lose a bet?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Umm, hi? I'm Bethany.
    Well well, Bethany. Welcome to the site. How did you come across the site? Did you join on your own accord or did you lose a bet?
    My innocence was taken advantage of by some unsavory hooligans in a bowling alley.

Traveler LankyMcAllister16 will become famous soon enough LankyMcAllister16 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine

How did I discover The Dark Tower?

Several members of my fiancé's family introduced me to it. Me and her aunt both love Stephen King and she asked me if I'd heard of The Dark Tower. She described it to me and as soon as she said the words "western" and "fantasy" I knew I would be hooked.

Who is my favorite character?

Randall Flag aka The Man in Black aka Walter O' Dim aka etc etc. I just love the unpredictability of this character. He's one of those villains who's a scene-stealer anytime he shows and you just love to hate him.

What is my favorite book?

I've only been through the series once but as of right now my favorite is The Drawing of the Three. Wolves of the Calla is a close second.

How old am I? 25.

Where am I from? Florence, Alabama

Do I have a nickname? Many, but my favorite one is the one you see. Lanky McAllister.

How did I find this site? I've just been looking for a place to discuss this series, so I just googled Dark Tower discussions and here I am.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Lanky!

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by LankyMcAllister16 View Post
    How did I discover The Dark Tower?

Several members of my fiancé's family introduced me to it. Me and her aunt both love Stephen King and she asked me if I'd heard of The Dark Tower. She described it to me and as soon as she said the words "western" and "fantasy" I knew I would be hooked.

Who is my favorite character?

Randall Flag aka The Man in Black aka Walter O' Dim aka etc etc. I just love the unpredictability of this character. He's one of those villains who's a scene-stealer anytime he shows and you just love to hate him.

What is my favorite book?

I've only been through the series once but as of right now my favorite is The Drawing of the Three. Wolves of the Calla is a close second.

How old am I? 25.

Where am I from? Florence, Alabama

Do I have a nickname? Many, but my favorite one is the one you see. Lanky McAllister.

How did I find this site? I've just been looking for a place to discuss this series, so I just googled Dark Tower discussions and here I am.
    Alabama in the house! Welcome!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Umm, hi? I'm Bethany.
    My innocence was taken advantage of by some unsavory hooligans in a bowling alley.
    The horror.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You all all well met! Welcome...

Traveler Super yo will become famous soon enough

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Actually I discovered the Dark Tower by the trailer of the film. Once I heard the Gunslinger's creed something inside me said: You have to read it!

Who is your favorite character?
    I'm pretty sure my favorite character is Roland Deschain. Since the beginning of The Gunslinger, this character was interesting to me. Where did he come from? Which are his goals? There were lots of questions about that mysterious guy. However, these are the same questions we could ask ourselves in every single story we read. That's why Roland wasn't my favorite until I read The Waste Lands, where King showed us that he wasn't just a heartless man but someone who could truly love too.

What is your favorite book?
    The Waste Lands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Zamora, Spain

do you have a nickname?
    Not really

how did you find this site?
    I was looking for a site where I could talk about the Dark Tower, and this was the first one I found. Moreover, I wanted an English forum because, on the one hand, it has more activity than any other Spanish forum and, on the second hand, I thought it could be a great opportunity to improve my writing.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Welcome!
    You've found a great place to talk about The Dark Tower!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all newcomers!! You've found the best Stephen King site on the net - congratulations...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 430 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 ... LastLast