Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 430 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome hankhill11!

welcome RobTheMosquito!

welcome neo_trinity!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Rob and neo--welcome to the site.

I hope you like it and decide to stick around.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler Myt1 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Is this Walter's mighty friend from DT.net?
    Aye, Dim One, so it is. Thanks for the email the other day. I was hoping to announce my presence with authority a la Nuke LaLoosh, but your pending riddles are difficult.

Jean, thanks for the warm welcome and the PM. Alinda and Matt, thank you as well.

Traveler SAMSARA is on a distinguished road

Hi! I'm SAMSARA. I'm a 17-year-old student from Midwest US.

I just started getting into Stephen King, thanks to a friend of mine; I began with The Gunslinger and was hooked from the onset. Now I'm on The Waste Lands.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!! and keep reading!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Myt1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Is this Walter's mighty friend from DT.net?
    Aye, Dim One, so it is. Thanks for the email the other day. I was hoping to announce my presence with authority a la Nuke LaLoosh, but your pending riddles are difficult.

Jean, thanks for the warm welcome and the PM. Alinda and Matt, thank you as well.

Post one of your own then. Great to see you!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SAMSARA View Post
    Hi! I'm SAMSARA. I'm a 17-year-old student from Midwest US.

I just started getting into Stephen King, thanks to a friend of mine; I began with The Gunslinger and was hooked from the onset. Now I'm on The Waste Lands.
    Welcome to the site SAMSARA--great to meet you.

Traveler RobTheMosquito is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Thanks for the Welcome Msgs

Hi all,

Thanks for your welcome messages. Cheers to AlishaRiley, Matt and Jean (nice beards btw).

Welcome also Neo Trinity & Samsara!

Matt I'll do my best to "stick around"
    But forgive me if I don't answer immediately

Rob

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Samsara and Michaël to the site!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really LOVE this website, it has one of the best overviews of King collectibles I've come across, great collection threads, and great threads on the DT series and SK in general. But what I like the best is the friendly, warm, and welcoming atmosphere of these boards. Well done!
    Wow! Thanks so much for saying that. I always believe we have that stuff going for us but it's nice to get confirmation.

Welcome to the site, I hope you continue to enjoy it. We love it here.

Traveler LeadDealer is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi! I'm Patrick, of New York. Currently reading the 7th book. I actually just started reading King about a year ago, beginning with The Stand, but already he's among my favorite authors. And the Dark Tower books are definitely my favorites, possibly my favorite books of all time.

Anyway, hi!

John F. Kennedy Deschain is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Ummm... My Friend who tends never to lead me astray when it comes to books told me to read it and needless to say I did.

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland, as many people before me have said he is a fantastic character and due to King's brilliant mind he is quite possibly the best character in any book I've read. I'm also gonna say Cort, because of the way he does things and his apparent amazing skill at riddling (the ability to think sideways eludes me).

What is your favorite book?
    Ummm.. Truthfully I haven't finished then all yet but I believe that Wizard and Glass would be my favorite

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Perth, WA

do you have a nickname?
    Tree

Country
    Country Flag

I read The Stand, and then I was looking for other King books...and found The Gunslinger. Instantly, I was smitten.

Cuthbert, and Eddie. Sarcastic gunslingers with weird senses of humor win, haha.

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    New York, New York.

do you have a nickname?

Nope not really.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LeadDealer View Post

I read The Stand, and then I was looking for other King books...and found The Gunslinger. Instantly, I was smitten.

Cuthbert, and Eddie. Sarcastic gunslingers with weird senses of humor win, haha.

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    New York, New York.

do you have a nickname?

Nope not really.
    NINETEEN! Just the right age, just the right.. And you're also from New York. Something is definitely going on... :p
    Warmly welcome, always happy to find people who love Cuthbert and Eddie like I do!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Welcome aboard, LeadDealer and Deschain! You're gonna love this board! Nicest members on any board ever! Statistical fact!*

*From what i learned in my statistics lessons that basically means make up anything you like and hope people don't question it!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Well hello Patrick of New York, I say welcome

Welcome also to Deschain!

We are well met indeed!

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! Nice to meet you.

My Mood
    In Love

Pleasure is ours

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you very much for the warm welcome (:

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And welcome, Deschain, too! So lovely to have an Aussie here - I've been to Oz and left my heart there. Simply beautiful country and bloody cool people! Enjoy your stay here, long days and pleasant nights!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Country
    Country Flag

and may you have twice the number.

My Mood
    In Love

am loving my "job" today so much! It is great to have such fun folks joining us each day!

The answer is within

My Mood
    In Love

very cool

The answer is within

Traveler RonBurgandy is on a distinguished road

Default Newbie

My brother introduced me to The Dark Tower Series when I was in 6th grade. I read each book as it became available to me until the very last one. The last book took me longer to finish than the others ever did. I'm not sure why because I really liked it. I should have finished it in record time. I suppose with a wife and two little ones, it was harder to find time to read again. Anyway, Roland is obviously the best character because he is the center of attention but secondly I choose Eddie Dean. However, it is very difficult to choose one character from a series of books that depicts its charactrers so well.
    Stephen King was the first author that I really enjoyed reading. Since the Dark Tower Series however I have read many books and I still say, the guy knows how to captivate a reader and plunge him/her into the story better than most.
    The Wastelands is probably my favorite book of the series, however, I was very impressed in how King ended the story in the last book. He does have a history of not ending stories in a fashion that everyone can enjoy, but this one was done perfectly. In my mind, there was no other way to end such an epic journey.
    I am very anxious to see the movie(s). Most of the movies made from Kings' stories fall short of my expectations, but I am hopeful for The Dark Tower Series. Even if it sucks, you can bet your ass I will watch it to the end so I can formulate my opinions and discuss with other Dark Tower Junkies.
    Long live the King!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 430 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 ... LastLast