Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 430 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello...I had your mother!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler RolandStageDive is on a distinguished road RolandStageDive's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You told me I was adopted!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Locke!
    I feel as if I already know you , youe DAD speaks very highly of you It is a honor to meet you !! I hope that you stay and let us know you more.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon

Welcome Locke! great to see you here, hope you'll enjoy it
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Locke! We heard so so much about you (and we are in love with your hair).
    Welcome to the site.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. Looks fun.
    My first thought was
    He Lied in every word
    That hoary cripple
    With malicious eye
    Askance to watch the workings of his lie

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, well. Somehow ended up here while purchasing the End-World Almanac from Amazon.. Looks just like a place for me to be in. =)

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Thanks to a certain sai, who told me to read them just a few months ago. I can't believe what I've been missing out for all these 28 years!

Who is your favorite charcter?

Oy the Billy-bumbler. For animals have always been important for me, and I've got two sweet cats - one of them happens to resemble Oy a lot. I'm sure he'd talk, if he could. =) And Roland himself, of course. And Cuthbert Allgood. This person who recommended the DT series, is Cuthbert in flesh himself, so it's quite to guess why I like this person so much.

What is your favorite book?

Apart of DT series, Lord of the Rings.

How old are you?

I've been walking in this world for 28 years.

Where are you from?

From the land of legends and folklore (and quite unsmiling people =), Finland.

Do you have a nickname?

Mostly I'm called Lily, because my real name is causing a bit trouble among my English-speaking friends, so I adopted that nickname here, too.

Glad to meet you all!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Lily!

The answer is within

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Locke! Welcome, it's as though you've been here all along. I'll say that we all have a very high opinion of you around here. (Not to mention the fact that your hair is quite possibly the greatest thing I'VE EVER SEEN...)
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RolandStageDive View Post
    'lo. The name is Locke.

Some might remember me from an old Dark Tower site where I went under this same screen name. I was moderately active on there for a while, as was my father. Now he's been on here for a bit... so here I am.
    I remember you. I was quiddityquest at that other site. Here (and everywhere else) I just use my real name now. It's good to see you.

...and who is your father, Locke?

Edit: Oh hell, I thought your name sounded familiar...though i didn't know you were Jon's son at .net.

Welcome everyone!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Munchausen!

welcome wlackey2!

welcome jinximoose!

welcome Lily-sai!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Locke! the bear missed you!

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Locke and Lily-sai. Nice to meet yous. Glad yous joined us!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    Well, well. Somehow ended up here while purchasing the End-World Almanac from Amazon.. Looks just like a place for me to be in. =)

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Thanks to a certain sai, who told me to read them just a few months ago. I can't believe what I've been missing out for all these 28 years!

Who is your favorite charcter?

Oy the Billy-bumbler. For animals have always been important for me, and I've got two sweet cats - one of them happens to resemble Oy a lot. I'm sure he'd talk, if he could. =) And Roland himself, of course. And Cuthbert Allgood. This person who recommended the DT series, is Cuthbert in flesh himself, so it's quite to guess why I like this person so much.

What is your favorite book?

Apart of DT series, Lord of the Rings.

How old are you?

I've been walking in this world for 28 years.

Where are you from?

From the land of legends and folklore (and quite unsmiling people =), Finland.

Do you have a nickname?

Mostly I'm called Lily, because my real name is causing a bit trouble among my English-speaking friends, so I adopted that nickname here, too.

Glad to meet you all!
    Hey Lily, great to meet you. Welcome to the site.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Annoyingly large sig is being cut down now. Thanks for your welcomes everyone and welcome aboard Lily-sai
    My first thought was
    He Lied in every word
    That hoary cripple
    With malicious eye
    Askance to watch the workings of his lie

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Lily-Sai!
    great to see another one from the great Nordic countries We're growing in numbers!
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I say thankya, everyone, for the warm welcome! =)

P.S. Gee, there's other Nordic people here, what a joy!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi! I just found this site a few days ago and I've really enjoyed perusing through a few of the threads, especially on collecting. I'll introduce myself a bit and then search for threads where I can discuss more of my interests annd such.

I'm real busy at work these days and won't have a chance to really jump in with both feet, so be patient.

Over the years I've made a hobby out of 2 book collections, one of which is Stephen King. I own all his books in hardback First Edition. Mostly just the trades, but a few S/L as well. I'm also trying to get all the collections in which King has original works. Still working on that.

I guess there is a thread somewhere to list out everything and compare with others' collections?

My first King book was The Stand, which I read around 1984, while a high school sophomore. Couldn't put it down and to this day it remains my all-time favorite book. I have read all King's books and collections up to Duma Key and the new story collection, both of which I hope to get to this summer.

I don't recall exactly how I got started into the collecting. I think I read Winter's Art of Darkness and became intrigued over the "Stephen King Phenomenon" and started searched first editions out. I must say that prior to the internet, it was more of a treasure hunt--going through used and antiquarian bookstores, looking for first editions. That's actually how I got a lot of the more common firsts (Cujo, Dead Zone, Christine, Skeleton Crew, etc.). I cry when I think what I paid for most of my collection, when now you can't hardly give these away on eBay!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Don't really remember. I know that I saw DTII in shrinkwrap at a Waldenbooks and I knew to buy it immediately. I didn't come across III until it hit aftermarket and I paid too much for it from an antiquarian bookstore in St. Louis (anyone remember Amitin's bookstore downtown?). I've since bought most of my books via eBay and ABEbooks. I've been active bidding on some things these days. For example, just picked up copy this signed numbered copy of The Killer Inside Me (#179).

Who is your favorite charcter? Probably Roland.

What is your favorite book? Easy. Wizard & Glass. I'm a sucker for star-crossed lovers and tragic tales. Cried like a baby at this one, I did. The Wastelands is a close second. Love Blaine.

Oh, and just to get it out there, I'm one of those who **loved** the ending to the series. The only way it could have ended, IMO. Perfect. Certainly better than, oh, defeating the evil with child sex or something. LOL

How old are you? 40

Where are you from? Originally from Shreveport, Louisiana, but have lived quite a few places. Currently in Gainesville, Virginia, and I commute into DC for work.

do you have a nickname? My online handle everywhere is divemaster, or divemaster13.

So, there's me in a nutshell. I hope to find the right threads to discuss my book collecting.

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome to the site divemaster. When I first read Gainesville,
    I got so excited, I am in Gainesville Florida, and thought what joy
    to have a tower junkie so close! Ah well it's a fine post, and I am sure
    that you'll be amazed at all the wonderful collections the fine folk in Calvin's
    Corner have, and likewise, I am sure they will be a source of information, and
    what have you, this place is wonderful, and the people even more so.
    I hope that you stick around , and let us come to know more about you.

The answer is within

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!

Country
    Country Flag

welcome divemaster!

Traveler Sai Sam is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool

How did you discover the Dark Tower? by chance...

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland...maybe Oy!

What is your favorite book? Wizards & Glass

How old are you? 35

Where are you from? Texas

do you have a nickname? ...

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Sai Sam !

The answer is within

+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 430 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast