Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 430 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler gunslinga is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? back in high school my interperter(i'm hard-of-hearing) recommended i read "The Gunslinger" (fell in love with it right away) in fact i even finish reading all 7 books before he even finished it (he was on book 2 when he told me i should read the Gunslinger)

Who is your favorite character? Cuthbert

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass

How old are you? 20.

Where are you from? Boise, ID

do you have a nickname? nothing that i would want you to know lol

Traveler Cinder2007 is on a distinguished road

Hi!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I was introduced to this series by my mom and dad. I had just read Cell and asked them what stephen king book i should read next and they both said i should try the Dark Tower books.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Well, considering i've only read The Gunslinger, i have a limited amount of characters to choose from.
    Although from those that were included in this particular book i'd have to go with the majority and say Roland. He's just really enigmatic. Aside from the main character i'd have to say Cort or Jake. Poor Jake.

What is your favorite book?
    The Gunslinger, but that's the only one i've read so far. I really liked when The Man in Black read Roland's future, is it safe to assume the slave card signifies the man addicted to lsd, and the two faced lady is Odetta? Also i'm thinking that since The MIB place the Dark Tower card over Roland, that means that the Dark Tower will consume Roland, and he'll become obsessed with finding it. Or maybe it signifies that it's his destiny to find the Tower and defeat Legion.

Where are you from?
    California

Do you have a nickname?
    Many, George Lopez (don't ask), Gomes, Gomsey, Gomer Pile, etc.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, how I envy you. Welcome Cinder!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

And what are you envious of?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder2007 View Post

Your journey has just begun...right Brice?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, just that you are just starting out on a wonderful journey. I envy you a little for being new to it because a part of me would like to be to new to it again. I've read The Gunslinger 25+ times and the whole series several times. It is still magical, but not quite the same as that first time discovering it. Which version did you read? The original Gunslinger or the revised?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Yes, I was just saying about the same when you posted that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

WOW! So many new ones, welcome all of you

ka~mai * tool wars * Jynrya *gunslinga* and Cinder!

It's so very good to have you join us here. Your in for a thousand and one wonderful treats! Enjoy!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Oh, just that you are just starting out on a wonderful journey. I envy you a little for being new to it because a part of me would like to be to new to it again. I've read The Gunslinger 25+ times and the whole series several times. It is still magical, but not quite the same as that first time discovering it. Which version did you read? The original Gunslinger or the revised?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Yes, I was just saying about the same when you posted that.
    I've got both but the first one i read was the revised. I later found the original at a thrift store and plan on reading that next.

At least i think.

What does the revised one look like.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Default Hello everyone!

A college roommate recommended them to me in 2003. Read 1-4 after that, but got sidetracked by life and forgot all about them for a while. This last winter I randomly got the urge to go back and read them all 1-7 - I've tried not to rush up to the end, and I'm finally now reading DT7. Let's just say it's an emotional experience! :/ At least I have the graphic novels lined up to ease the withdrawal a bit.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland of course. But I also love Roland's childhood ka-tet, including Susan, and wish they could have had more 'adventures' together. Oy is also a good one.

Wizard and Glass. The Gunslinger is up there too, but after revisiting W&G recently I realized how strong of a story it is, even apart from the rest of the series. I come from an Arthurian-literature-obsessed adolescence, so the world of Roland's early life has always touched a chord with me! The friendship between the young gunslingers also feels very real, and knowing more about these times makes Roland even more real and complex as the series goes on.

How old are you?

Just turned 25 today.

Where are you from?

Born in Seattle, live in Bothell, WA.

do you have a nickname?

Ola is technically a nickname for Aleksandra in Polish, but I've never gone by anything else since I was a kid. That's my only 'public' nickname.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Birthday Ola and welcome to the site.

So great to meet you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Wow, Welcome Ola, happy birthday to you! I am so happy to meet all of you, hope you
    stick around and let us get to know you some.

The answer is within

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hola, Ola! WELCOME!

Traveler SadButTruely is on a distinguished road SadButTruely's Avatar

Clutch purchase years ago
    Who is your favorite character?
    Randall Flagg
    the stand
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    sc
    do you have a nickname?
    joseph

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Dub768!

welcome JoTurbo!

welcome Crow!

welcome Ka mai of maine!

welcome Toolwars!

welcome Jynrya!

welcome gunslinga!

welcome Cinder2007!

welcome ola!

welcome SadButTruely!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Sad but truely What an unusual name, I'd like to hear how you got it,
    and hope your not really sad...truely!

The answer is within

Traveler SadButTruely is on a distinguished road SadButTruely's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Welcome Sad but truely What an unusual name, I'd like to hear how you got it,
    and hope your not really sad...truely!
    Well, I like the Metallica song, Sad But True, and the Led Zeppelin lyric, put them together in a misspelled manor and it's unlikely to be taken wherever I go.

Traveler panther90 is on a distinguished road

Default Intro to let you know.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. My favorite book is always changing, right now i would say IV. My name comes from a love of the Carolina Panthers.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome panther90!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler thinktank is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I started reading King when I was about 6 years old. When DT came out, it was just the next King book to read. I loved it.

Who is your favorite charcter? Besides Roland, it would have to be the sage and eminent junkie, Henry Dean.

What is your favorite book? Overall,probably Starship Troopers by Heinlein. Dont go by the movie, the book is so much better.

How old are you? 33

Where are you from? Texas

do you have a nickname?
    I have been ThinkTank online for a long time.

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...imageuser=2381

to see my other hobby!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome New Friends!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Thinktank, great to meet you and welcome to the site.

Something cool?

I was in my public library and someone was viewing our site from there.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome ONE AND ALL to the worlds best web site

and MATT making me dance again!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome to the site, new friends

Roland would have understood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 430 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast