Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 430 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! we got alot of new people.

Welcome everyone!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Brownmouse is on a distinguished road Brownmouse's Avatar

Default Hi, I'm Brownmouse

Hi, ya'll!!

I am new to this site but I have been on two other sites for Stephen King. I wasn't sure I would fit well here because, though I really enjoyed the D.T series- I still need to finish the last book- for some reason I won't finish it(a subconscious desire for it not to end?)-and I noticed from the other sites that I really missed a lot of important symbols, connections, and layers King put in the series. My only excuse is that I started to read them @ 20 years ago and picked up the next in line sporadically-hence, I am sure I lost a lot along the way. I know I should read them again, back to back, and I probably will, someday. I have so many other books (King and other authors) that I want to read first, though.

So, me- 'who am I?" "who am I? "I'm a walrus"-sorry , Breakfast club quote-I always think of that when I have to describe myself

I am a 36 (almost 37-July 12)- woman who would like to think the people who know me call me kind, generous, smart and creative. But I rather think they call me, kooky, messy, stubborn and well, nice at least.-oh and funny. I think people find me funny. I hope.

My posts tend to go on and on at times,- I cannot find my off button very well(!)- so I apologize now- I will try to keep them short, though, But I sometimes seem to go into a fugue state when posting only to come out of it with words and words on the computer -

Alrighty then, I guess that's enough for now. If anyone wants to PM me any ?'s about myself feel free. I DO love to talk about myself! -do we have a message center thingy?

Thanks for having me!
    Brownmouse

Hi, Matticus !!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Brownmouse!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brownmouse View Post
    Hi, ya'll!!

I am new to this site but I have been on two other sites for Stephen King. I wasn't sure I would fit well here because, though I really enjoyed the D.T series- I still need to finish the last book- for some reason I won't finish it(a subconscious desire for it not to end?)-and I noticed from the other sites that I really missed a lot of important symbols, connections, and layers King put in the series. My only excuse is that I started to read them @ 20 years ago and picked up the next in line sporadically-hence, I am sure I lost a lot along the way. I know I should read them again, back to back, and I probably will, someday. I have so many other books (King and other authors) that I want to read first, though.

So, me- 'who am I?" "who am I? "I'm a walrus"-sorry , Breakfast club quote-I always think of that when I have to describe myself

I am a 36 (almost 37-July 12)- woman who would like to think the people who know me call me kind, generous, smart and creative. But I rather think they call me, kooky, messy, stubborn and well, nice at least.-oh and funny. I think people find me funny. I hope.

My posts tend to go on and on at times,- I cannot find my off button very well(!)- so I apologize now- I will try to keep them short, though, But I sometimes seem to go into a fugue state when posting only to come out of it with words and words on the computer -

Alrighty then, I guess that's enough for now. If anyone wants to PM me any ?'s about myself feel free. I DO love to talk about myself! -do we have a message center thingy?

Thanks for having me!
    Brownmouse

Hi, Matticus !!!!
    Brownmouse!!

That has got to be one of the best intro's I have read on this site.

Its great to have you and don't worry, we have plenty of members that have not finished the series.

Saturdays can be a bit slow so have a look around and let me know if you have any questions. I'm at work but I'm hoping to peek in as much as possible this morning.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new people!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Dana, Brownmouse! Welcome.

Roland would have understood.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brownmouse, what an interesting screen name. Welcome and look forward to getting to know you

Traveler ClashCR77 is on a distinguished road ClashCR77's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone. My name is Eduardo and I live in Brazil

How did I discover the DT? Well, I'v been a King fan almost all my life and I made an effort to read all of his books.

Who is your favorite character? Eddie Dean of NY

What is your favorite book? That would be The Waste Lands

Where are u from? I'm from South America, Brazil

Do I have nicknames? Yeah, Dudders and Clash.

How old am I? Older than my teeth and as old as my tongue. lol

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Welcome Clash, rather, bien venidos. Oh wait, they speak portuguese in Brazil right? Anyways, great to have you here.

Can I call you Dudders?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Clash! I loved your first post and I cannot wait to hear more about it. Welcome.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Clash

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

another hail and hardy welcome to all new members.

you know how once you see the path of the beam you can never unsee it? well, that's pretty much the way it is with this place. once you're here, you can never not be here. you know?

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Clash, great to have you.

Traveler shaggyamy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    My mother bought me the first 4 books for Christmas. I was never a really big SK fan-but I love to read and I will read just about anything. Well these books sat on my shelves for about 2 years and then I had no new books to read so I picked up the Gunslinger. I began reading it-I only got a few pages in and thought to myself (why would my mother get me this "western type" book?) I put it back on the shelf. Last summer I found myself w/o a book to read again so I picked it up again this time telling myself that I was going to read it cover to cover. I am so GLAD that I did. I began reading it and just finished the last book about a month ago.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    This is a hard question- I guess I'd have to pick two..Jake and Oy

What is your favorite book?
    I'll have to say the final book is my favorite. Even though I didn't want the story to end.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Buffalo, NY

do you have a nickname?
    not really- You can call me Amy

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Shaqqyamy. Finally another New Yorker. Yeah. Welcome to the site.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Welcome Amy. Look forward to seeing you post about DT. We've got a million threads on the last book. Have a look around.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

welcome amy. i understand what you mean about the "western" theme. i think lots of people think that at first. then you get into and you're totally hooked - forever. enjoy the site!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Amy.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

So good to have you here Amy! I look forward to getting to know you!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome ClashCR77!

welcome shaggyamy!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hi all you new folken, welcome to your new home!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler bandito0 is on a distinguished road bandito0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Hello!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Who is your favorite charcter?

What is your favorite book?

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

Hey all! I'm here because I spent the last 1/2 hour browsing the WaG board because I am still spinning from the last part of Roland's flashback.

I discovered the DT series in my local Barnes and Noble one day last summer when I was looking for a new read ( I just got my first teaching job, and hey, teachers should be reading, right?). I read 30 pages of The Gunslinger, stopped because I thought it sucked. I picked it back up because I felt King's novels can't suck THAT bad. I started in February of this year. I just finished WaG this morning I'll be starting Wolves of the Calla this afternoon.

Eddie. He reminds me of me sans addiction to hard drugs.

WaG. No question.

Displaced Masshole living outside of Philadelphia.

Nope.

I'm looking forward to gaining some more insight to this fantastic series of books (as well as finishing) and hopefully providing a bit of my own!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome bandito0!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to Sarah B.

Our grand prize winner in the giveaway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 430 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast