[QUOTE=Merlin1958;899406]
Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
I'm kind of OCD with cleaning, collecting, and having a place for everything. So I kind of needed Faithful. Why is it blasphemy? I do hate the Red Sox, but King did write it so it falls under my OCD collecting lol. Then again, baseball has sucked for years now anyway
I was just fooling with you. My avatar is different for the Haven Fundraiser this year as we are supporting all the contributing artists by changing our avatars to reflect artist remarques, etc. Still, if you look you will see that mine is altered to include the Yankee logo. Normally, my avatar is a pic of a diamond WS ring. I'm rather famous (perhaps "Infamous") as being a huge Yankee fan around these parts. There is actually a youtube video in an old thread of me setting a copy of "Faithful" on fire!!! I don't care that King helped write it. That book will never be touched by these hands (I wore surgical gloves to burn it, lest I get infected) nor appear on my shelves!! LOL Twas all just in good fun. Sorry if you misunderstood my intent. I sometimes forget that not everyone is aware of some of the member proclivities.

My favorite Yankees when I was younger were Paul O'Neil and Don Mattingly. I loved Mike Mussina too. But baseball these days with Kershaw making 30 million for 30-35 starts is out of control. What happened to the times where guys played for the love of the game and not paychecks? All sports are like this now, except for hockey. When studs like Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Toews get 8-11 million per year is nothing compared to the other sports. How can this honestly continue??? I'll take a cheap 1 million per year for just one season please! I've hated the Red Sox before I was born, but I got 50% off "Faithful" for my collection. I'm OCD weak .