Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 430 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    I say all of them are like one book
    I've been saying this for years, and everyone only points their fingers at me and laughs!

but if I had to pick one I'd say "Wolves of the Calla".
    I've always known I had a good reason for liking you. Apart from you just being awesome, that is.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always liked WotC because
    Spoiler:
    its really the only time the whole ka-tet is together and acts like gunslingers

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

good point, Mo.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly.

Spoiler
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed

Traveler Double6iX is on a distinguished road

Default WHO ART THOU

Hola y'all. My name is Aaron Larkin, but most people just call me Larkin or Larkhan. I am 34 from New Haven, CT. I've been a King fan most of my life, and I have been drawn to the Tower since the first time I picked up The Gunslinger. I enjoy the entire series including the comics, and I wait with antici...

...pation at news of any new developments. I'm excited that Universal has optioned 3 movies and a TV series, but I'm also wary. There's a lot to pack in, and look what the movies have done to Narnia and Harry Potter.
    I look at the Tower as Trekkers look at that series: there are lessons to be learned, and a great many things in the books make sense in actual reality, regardless of what level you reside. I also believe in balance between Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Purpose and Random. I have the runes for UNFOUND tattooed on the back of my neck, and until last year had the number 19 underneath it. The number has since been covered by another tattoo currently in progress.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the boards, Aaron! It's nice to see someone with such a great name, even if it's spelled wrong. I kid, I kid.

Anyhoo, we have a Dark Tower Tattoo thread that can be found here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1964

I'd love to see some pictures of your tat!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Me too, Larkin! Welcome!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another Aaron/Erin! Sweet! Welcome.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone! I already introduced myself over in Calvin's Corner as that is where I've been lurking mostly, but though I should here as well.

My name is Tim and I am a Dark Tower junkie. I have been sober for about 12 minutes (since I hit the "pause" button on my Gunslinger MP3 that I'm reabsorbing for a group read on LibraryThing).

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope to see you around the forums.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jean!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome to the site, Tim.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Breezy

Welcome, Tim!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Tim and Larkin ( my last name irl )to our home. Please make yourself comfy.We all float here.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the board, new friends.

Roland would have understood.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read everything by Stephen King. It is strange because the first time I picked up The Gunslinger in the late 1980's I didn't even finish it. I didn't want to read a "cowboy story". Several years later after Wizard and Glass came out (must have been in the late 1990's) I bought and read all four but still it didn't have a lot of impact. Then my son read them all last year and refused to tell me the ending. He definitely got hooked and even bought some of the comics. He gave me the series on audio book for my birthday this past August. I travel by car a lot for work so I have quite a bit of time to listen. I was so enthralled from the first word that I went and bought the entire series in paperback and devoured them all. I am just finishing Wizard and Glass on audio. I have not thought through what is different this time but I am now obsessed with it. I love this board. What great thoughts. I have been lurking for awhile but sometimes I want to respond so I decided to join.

Who is your favorite character? ROLAND, he makes my heart flutter

What is your favorite book? This one is hard. They are all favorites for different reasons. I really love the story as a whole.

How old are you? 44

Where are you from? Michigan, USA

do you have a nickname? Chichu, my grand daughter calls me that and you can too!!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy

welcome all!

Traveler Wandering Witch is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello. I have been a fan of the Dark Tower books for about sixteen years. I have probably read "The Gunslinger" at least a dozen times. I love all of the books but my favourite will always be the first one.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Witch View Post
    Hello. I have been a fan of the Dark Tower books for about sixteen years. I have probably read "The Gunslinger" at least a dozen times. I love all of the books but my favourite will always be the first one.
    I'm on my first reread and I think I may change my favorite to be the first one as well. I like the focus on Roland, and I like the mystery.

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello,
    my name is Alisha, and for a while now, I've been invisible.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alishaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 430 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 ... LastLast