Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 430 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler dantomberlin is on a distinguished road

Default Newby joining in

I joined the SK Forum, and posted the note below. I got a response about thedarktoer.com and the fundraisers for The Haven Foundation. So I wanted to post this thank you here as well. Thanks to all you guys the step up for the Haven!
    It has been almost a year since the Haven Foundation awarded me with a financial grant, so I wanted to post an update. And another huge thank you to the Haven Foundation. The grant helped us at a most opportune time. After a heart attack in February 2008, I was recovering from a triple bypass, I had a trach tube in my throat, I was unable to work, and our mortgage and bills were way behind. The Haven grant kept us afloat until this spring, when I had my final surgery and the tube was removed. I was offered a design job a week out of the hospital, and I have started teaching part-time and returned to my personal drawing and painting projects. The last 6 months have seen a somewhat return to normalcy, I won't ever be the same after such an experience, but I have rejoined the flow of home and work life that I am used to. My wife and I can travel now, enjoy our children and grandchildren more, and enjoy the everyday life that we used to take for granted.

I can't tell you how much gratitude and affection I feel for Stephen King. If I had not been a lifelong reader and fan of his, I wouldn't have seen a single small footnote in his book (BLAZE - actually Richard Bachman/Stephen King) I would never have known about The Haven Foundation.

My son is a film maker and aspiring screenwriter - for his 21st birthday I gave him "On Writing" by Stephen, and he and I discuss it all the time.

I am attending a lecture by Stephen on November 16 in Sarasota, I was able to get tickets and we are driving down there to see and hear him. I have only seen Stephen one other time in person, several years ago when he played with the Rock Bottom Remainders at the MIAMI BOOK FESTIVAL. So we are really looking forward to this lecture.

I wish there were some way I could thank him in person for the impact he has had on my life. If you are in touch with him, it would be a tremendous honor if we could meet and say hello to him in Sarasota.

Thanks again to ALL the folks at Haven. If there is ever anything I can do help support the organization and the cause, I would like to help.

With sincerest thanks,

Traveler Melizerd is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My dad introduced me to them when I was a kid. Of course they weren't all out at that point.

Who is your favorite character? Tough one. I love Oy honestly but I think I have to be cliche and pick Roland.

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass. I love the back story about Susan.

How old are you? 27

Where are you from?

I'm married to another bibliophile and we love books of all kinds. We have a 3 year old son and we live in Wisconsin. I'm also into tattoos and gaming.

do you have a nickname? Mel (short for Melissa)

John F. Kennedy sofaki is on a distinguished road sofaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all!!
    I discovered The Dark Tower totally at random, i noticed the whole series in a bookstore and thought: Why i havent heard anyone talk about it? Simply by curiosity i bought the first book and here I am!! I finished the whole series this year. I am a Dark Tower freak and this is the truth! lol
    My favorite book is the last one. I loved how Roland evolved and showed us his true face.
    I am 27 years old, live in Greece.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, sofaki. I really like your av.

Roland would have understood.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler kekechong is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I know Stephen King form the movie SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, and then I went to find out Mr King's books. I discovered the Dark Tower just few days ago.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    I just start to read the first one of the series The Gunslingers last week, so I can not answer this question.

What is your favorite book?

How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    China
    do you have a nickname?
    not really.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Chong!

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoleer View Post
    Hello together,

First a great "Thankee" from germany for this fantastic website, but please excuse my bad english
    hmm, how did I discovered the dark tower? I read Stephen King's Books since I'm 8 and love Western-things since I'm 4-5 years old...anymore questions?
    My favorite Character is, of course Roland in german the "Grosse, Lange und Häßliche"

I'm 21 years old and lived somewhere near Cologne in Germany where the famous Karneval took Place :-D

I haven't got any special nicknames, some call me soldier (I was in the army) and some just call me crazy, so it yours. Hope I can talk to much people here about my favorite books...

"Lange Tage und angenehme Nächte" from Germany
    Is this long days nad pleasant nights in German? I am loving the translations especially long tall and ugly.

Welcome to everyone. This site is fantiastic

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Pistoleer!!

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all the new faces!!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Traveler johnny39 is on a distinguished road

Hello. New here. I've read the DT series twice now, and love it like everyone else here.

The welcome questions:

I read my first Stephen King book a little over three years ago (The Stand), and enjoyed it so much, I instantly became a fan. I read a few books after the Stand (Thinner, Cell, From a Buick 8, The Shining). After that, I bought two books (Pet Sematary and The Gunslinger). To me, it was a 50/50 shot on which one I read first, and for whatever reason I picked the Gunslinger. By the time I finished it I was hooked. I loved the imagery of Roland and Jake in the Mountains and the palaver with Walter... woah.

Roland. What sealed it for me was him saying "hoggie" instead of "hoagie" and "tooter fish". That just made him really likable, despite his ruthless side.

Of SK's? Torn between The Stand and It. Of the DT series? Either 3 or 4. Can't decide.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Bucks County, PA.

do you have a nickname?

Nope. Unless johnny39 is a nickname.

Traveler MacarDeschain is on a distinguished road MacarDeschain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Along the beam I roll.

In 1997 my Best friend at the time made me read the first three books. My Dad was the first one to till me about the gunslinger, but he could never remember the name, He read it in 1979. The book made him mad with how it ended. To this day I can not get him to read the rest.

Roland Deschain of Gilead, son of Steven, Grandson of Henry

The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    North Texas

Do you have a nickname?
    BlueBerry

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Macar and johnny,great to meet you both.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

My goodness, so many new folks are arriving!
    welcome to all of you (too many to name )
    It's a great pleasure to meet you all, Come on in to
    the best darned site anywhere on the www.
    Welcome Home!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler angiebaby is on a distinguished road angiebaby's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello! I'm a big fan of the Dark Tower and a major SK fan for more years than I'm willing to share. My first experience with DT was The Drawing of the Three that I received as a gift. Once I read it I was hooked on the series. I had to go back and read it from the begining and have since then I've read them all twice.

Traveler Bloodsoup is on a distinguished road Bloodsoup's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default See the TURTLE of enormous girth, on his back he holds the Earth

I'm a big fan of large, complex and epic fictional universes, and when I realised how many of SK's books tie into the Dark Tower series I thought I'd like it, and guess what, I did! Also I'm a big comics reader and the DT comics are amazing, Jae Lee's art is incredible and the expanded material at the back like Robin Furth's writing and the maps of All-World are great.

Who is your favourite character?
    Overall I'd have to say Sheemie Ruiz, of the ka-tet of 19 and 99 I'd have to say Eddie, of Roland's original ka-tet I'd say cuthbert.

What is your favourite book?
    Of all SK's books I'd have to say Hearts in Atlantis (particularly the section called Hearts in Atlantis itself), I read all 600 pages of it in one sitting!

Of the Dark Tower books it'd be DT VII, that's where it all comes together (the DT series and SK's books that tie in to it like hearts in atlantis and insomnia), though I do have a soft spot for the Drawing of the Three.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Wellington, New Zealand

Do you have a nickname?
    Online I always go by Bloodsoup (an obscure reference to a comic in the Star Wars expanded universe), otherwise not really.

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great screen name bloodsoup, welcome to the site.

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lot's of new faces again!! Welcome all!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Traveler Bloodsoup is on a distinguished road Bloodsoup's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Matt, I'm working on a few Dark Tower related things like a high speech-english dictionary (its short but useful) and a highly detailed bio of Flagg including all the names he's gone by (and where/when he used them) all the powers he ever demonstrated, and a coherent timeline of his life, putting all his appearances in order.

Mostly I do these sorts of things for my own amusement, meaning it doesn't have to be something sai King would sign off on as officially correct, but any advice I can get on this would be great.

Mostly its things like: In the chronological order of Flagg's life, did Eyes of the Dragon take place before The Stand? and when did his 'appearance' in Hearts in Atlantis as Raymond Fiegler happen? I presume after Low Men in Yellow Coats (ie after Brautigan was sent back to the Devar-Toi), but does that mean before or after the Fall of Gilead?

Traveler wishfulthinking is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Many people recomended it and I was a king worshiper anyway so...

Who is your favorite charcter?It's a tie between Eddie and Detta walker (shocker I know)

What is your favorite book?Wizard and Glass I think the insight into Roland's past is amazing

How old are you?16

Where are you from?Da Region (code for the Chicagoland area)

do you have a nickname?Lee

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Lee, welcome to the site.

Glad you made it to the official path of the beam.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 430 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast