Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 430 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My avatar matches my posts' quantity now.

How did you discover The Dark Tower?

I saw a HC edition in spanish for 5 pesos (5 dollars at that moment, now it'd be 1.63 dollars) and bought it. And loved it! Still do.

Who is your favorite character?

Young Roland and Cort.

What is your favorite book?

MMM...tought one. W&G and DOTT

How old are you?

27 and counting.

Where are you from?

A lovely city called Adrogué, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

do you have a nickname?

Everyone calls me ARI.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Ari welcome to the site.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

As soon as I started reading King, I got interested in the DT books... But I started reading them years later.

Who is your favorite charcter?

The first Roland, I believe. That who appears to have no heart at all... hehe...

Drawing of the Three!

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Do you have a nickname?

Just in the Internet, Asterisco.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Ari_Racing!

welcome Asterisco!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome Ari_Racing and Asterisco!

Traveler Deefuzz is on a distinguished road

Another big time newbie here! Just finished the Dark Tower and I am out all over the internet looking for Dark Tower discussion! So I will do my best to answer the questions.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    At the end of 2004 I read my first King book on a whim, The Stand, and I was blown away. My father had told me that he had also read The Talisman and Black House and thought that if I liked The Stand that much, then I would also like those. After finishing the Talisman and Black House I was needing a fix of more King so I went out to Amazon and kept becoming intrigued by the writeups for the Dark Tower series. After a year of pensiveness and procrastination I decided to make the purchase while I could still find some hardcovers. I bought the first 4 books, and told my parents I would like the other 3 for Christmas. After I had all 7 books, and procrastinated a little more I began the long journey with Roland to the Dark Tower, and after a little over a year I finally have finished.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland

In the Dark Tower series I would have to say either Drawing of the Three or Wizard and Glass

How old are you?
    27 at the moment

Where are you from?
    I currently hail from St. Louis, Missouri, USA.

do you have a nickname?
    I go by Deefuzz here on the vast web of the internet, that's about it.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Deefuzz

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Defuzz!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!

Your story sounds exactly like mine. I was so jazzed after reading the books I scoured the web looking for anything to make it last a little longer

Quote Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
    Another big time newbie here! Just finished the Dark Tower and I am out all over the internet looking for Dark Tower discussion! So I will do my best to answer the questions.

[<<SNIP>>

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Deefuzz--we're crazy about the subject here so you have come to the right place.

Let us know if you have an questions.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Deefuzz!

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

Welcome Deefuzz! And thanks for the welcome wishes!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Deefuzz! Thank you for your interesting answers we all hope you will enjoy the site.

(Anyway we have no newbies but new friends. )

Roland would have understood.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From my Gr. 8 teacher, Mr. Brice. He ranted and raved about it and then one day I just decided to pick it up to sate him an was completely surprised that it was any good. Turned out to be the most rewarding series I ever read.

Of the DT universe? Eddie for sure.

Hard choice, probably....uhmmm.....
    Pfft.
    DT3? Maybe?

How old are you?

17 minus a month.

Where are you from?

Aurora, Ontario. The big A dot.

do you have a nickname?

Only to my 'closest' friends *wink*

Oh and if any of you remember Timegrewelastic from tdt.net, that would be me. Feel free to call me Kevin!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Time/Kevin! Glad to see you here.
    I'm gonna whup you in Texas Hold'em next time.

Traveler Eluria is on a distinguished road Eluria's Avatar

Hello I signed up as ka's wind on dt.net, but I can never get the darn site to work for me so I followed someone over here.

How did you discover The Dark Tower? I had taken a break from reading for a really long time... (like, since I got out of highschool? haha) and I decided to get into it again, so I won a lot of 14 S.K. books on eBay for like $5. In that lot I had DT2, 3 & 5. I just kept them off to the side because I figured I would never buy the others. Well I ended up reading all of the others, and my boss raved to me how awesome the DT series was so I picked up #1 at the library...and that's how I came to be a DT junkie

Who is your favorite charcter? This is a tough question! While the story of Roland and Susan is my favorite part of the series, I really don't think either are my favorite characters. I want to say either Eddie or Jake. Eddie because of his sense of humor which is so like my own; Jake because he was forced to grow up earlier than other kids his age, which I also can relate to.

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass, definitely

How old are you? I'll be 24 December 30th!

Where are you from? At the moment I live at the Jersey Shore, but I'm in the process of moving to the Poconos...and I can't wait!

Do you have a nickname? Not really, you can just call me Annie.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eluria View Post
    Hello I signed up as ka's wind on dt.net, but I can never get the darn site to work for me so I followed someone over here.
    You are not the first to say this and won't be the last.

Welcome Annie.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I should answer the questions like everyone else...

I was looking for another long adventure story to read after finishing The Lord of The Rings and told my wife that I might try The Dark Tower by Stephen King. She ended up getting the first three for me as her gift of paper for our first wedding anniversary. She didn't realize she was going to create an addict. That was only six months before the last book came out. Basically, I read books one to six straight through, read most of the connecting books while waiting for the final installment, and then read book seven within days of it coming out.

That is really tough because they all add so much to the story. However, I will go with Roland because it is his quest after all.

The Wizard And The Glass is the first to come to mind mainly because of the flashback. Ironically, I think that if they ever make a Dark Tower series of movies that is one of the parts that must be really cut down. The Gunslinger is a very close second.

How old are you?

28 (but I feel every bit like 40 sometimes, damn work!)

Where are you from?

Texas (no, I do not ride a horse nor am I responsible for W)

do you have a nickname?

Rube

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Donnie.Darko!

welcome Eluria!

Traveler crimsonking19 is on a distinguished road

Default Introduce Yourself

My friend's mom had actually bought him a bunch of King's books and he wasn't reading The Gunslinger atm so I borrowed it and read it. Fell in love with the series ever since then.

Who is your fav. character?
    Jake has to be my fav. just cause he was so young in the story but dealt with everything and turned into a badass lol. Walter O'dimm is a close second though.

What is your fav. book?
    From the series I liked Wizard and Glass best becuase it went back to when he was younger and finally gave you more insight into his friends Allain and Cuthbert. Both were a big part of Roland's story so I really liked getting to read about them more.

How old are you?
    19, but 20 in Feb.

Where from?
    Granger, Indiana all my life.

Do you have a nickname?
    Friends call me Jake I guess. But I used to use O'dimm actually as my tag when I was big into video games.

Country
    Country Flag

welcome crimsonking19!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow many new and great people.

Donnie.Darko - we all kiss your teacher, Mr. Brice

Eluria - Annie (what a beautiful name), I really like your avatar

RUBE - we kiss your wife many times

crimsonking19 - welcome here, it's good to meet someone whose favourite character is Jake, he is not as popular as the others from the ka-tet

Roland would have understood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eluria View Post
    How old are you? I'll be 24 December 30th!
    Cool - thats my daughter's birthday

Welcome everyone - its great to log on and find new and active members

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all! Don't be afraid to ask if you're looking for something on the site - we're all here to help!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome , welcome I am so glad you found us, and in a couple of minutes you will be too!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 430 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast