Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 430 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Deb!!

Here is the thread the collectors on this forum use for selling items: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...le-Classifieds

Will be great to see what you have. Take a look through Calvin's Corner threads for interesting disscussions on collecting SK. Look forward to seeing your collection soon.
    Christine

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very glad to see the "Goodmind" to new comers!!! What can I say, but WELCOME!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome DD.

Traveler gallaguitar is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I found 'The Gunslinger' in an old used book store when I was 8, and was hooked after reading the first line. I must have read the first 3 twenty times each while waiting for 'Wizard and Glass'. I have been a tower junkie for 20 years now, I have read the complete series over a dozen times now and I find something new every time.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Susan Delgado, Eddie and Oy.

What is your favorite book?
    Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Alberta, Canada

do you have a nickname?
    Bill works fine!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonDeb View Post
    Hello! I'm new here, and figured this was the place to start

I discovered Stephen King when I was a child - my mother used to read me his books at bedtime! When I first encountered The Gunslinger, I had no idea I would have to wait 25 years for the (unsatisfactory, in my mind) conclusion. I hope Ron Howard gets his ducks in a row and figures out a way to make the movie!

My favorite character is Oy, and I bawled like a baby over him, more than any other character, as the series wound down. I'm also fond of Blaine, even though he is a pain.

My favorite book in the series is The Gunslinger.

I'm from Key West.

I have a sizeable collection of Gunslinger ARCs and other rarities to unload - don't really want to, but Christmas is coming, and the bils never stop - (thanks to my EX-boyfriend, who couldn't be bothered to take them with him when he left), so if someone could point me to the appropriate forum for that, I would really appreciate it

Hope to get to know you all better!

Deb
    You should be glad for that.

Now i have images of mom saying and this one's about this nice clown named Pennywise... Sweet dreams, dear!

Welcome to the site.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Now i have images of mom saying and this one's about this nice clown named Pennywise... Sweet dreams, dear!

Welcome to TDT.org, Deb, Bill and all the other newer members! We're glad to have you here.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by gallaguitar View Post
    I found 'The Gunslinger' in an old used book store when I was 8, and was hooked after reading the first line. I must have read the first 3 twenty times each while waiting for 'Wizard and Glass'. I have been a tower junkie for 20 years now, I have read the complete series over a dozen times now and I find something new every time.

Susan Delgado, Eddie and Oy.

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Alberta, Canada

do you have a nickname?
    Bill works fine!
    Welcome to the boards, gg! I hope you enjoy it here!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Traveler Wonton will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone,

My name is Anton (you can call me Wonton), I'm from Canada and I'm 20 years old.

I discovered the Dark Tower through my dad (who's been a fan since the 80s). I remember walking into a bookstore with him when I was 13 or 14 and seeing Wolves of the Calla newly released. He was excited to see the series continuing, and introduced me to the books. By the time the 7th book came out, I'd already read the first six and read the final book along with my dad.

Recently, I decided that the time had come to re-read the series. For some reason, The Gunslinger wasn't available at the library, so I started with The Drawing of the Three. I'm not a very avid reader (many books lose my interest 40-60 pages in), but when I started at 7 in the evening, I didn't stop reading until I'd finished at 4 am. I was hooked.

I read The Wastelands over the course of a week, and then picked up Wizard and Glass from the library. I remembered the story of Roland and Susan vividly (I'd bought The Gunslinger Born at a bookstore earlier this year - perhaps it was the catalyst for this whole thing), and was excited to experience it once again. Once I got past the opening with Blaine and Topeka, I couldn't stop reading - once again, I read for 9 straight hours. The story resonated with me far more than it ever had when I was younger (Stephen King's Romeo and Juliet, I kept thinking), and I was deeply affected by it. I cried at the end - far more than I'd ever cried at, say, Titanic.

Having slept on it now (I kept hearing bird and bear and hare and fish in several of my dreams), I realized that Wizard and Glass would remain one of my favourite books for the rest of my life. I don't know if my love for this book will permeate to the rest of the DT series, but I do know that I had to find some people to talk to who could understand my obsession with it (I started re-reading it on the train this morning, and spent some of my time at work reading up on possible film adaptions (glad to hear of the Ron Howard project, by the way)). And so, here I am - officially a fanboy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Welcome to the boards, Wonton! (Nice username btw - it's another obscure British show I can make a reference to! "If Wonton hears about this, my arse is grass, and he's got lawnmower!" )

- Melike

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Wonton, and allto the best site you'll ever visit ( )
    We're humble and happy
    I'm so glad you came!!
    alinda

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new friends.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Gyps is on a distinguished road Gyps's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sup guys, it's me Gyps...

I was a regular member of tdt.net way back in the day, 2003-4? Was wondering if the possibility existed that this place is where the old crew hangs out. I'll release the info for my old name later...

Anyways, bout me: I'm 29, from Baltimore, far as hobbies go; I typically do anything that involves stupidity. You'll find out soon enough, I'm sure.

To answer your questions:

When I was thirteen, I went to the Cook County library in Chicago cuz I was bored. Tried to stay off the streets, u know? So I've always been a fan of king since sneaking Pet Sematary from my mother's shelf when I was around seven or eight. She didn't want to let me read it. Anyways, I found The Gunslinger sitting at the table I chose. Picked it up, couldn't put it down. I was obsessed at thirteen with the Dark Tower series.

My favorite character has to be... Susan Delgado. I know she had a rough time but being able to witness the young lady develop into a hero in book four, warmed the heart a little.

Definately book four. Couldn't put the damn thing down. Good toilet reading material too.

How old are you?
    Old enough to... party...

Where are you from?
    Baltiimore, MD originally: Chicago, IL

do you have a nickname?
    Flounder, but you can call me Gyps...

Thanks guys... Talk to you real soon.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Welcome!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Gyps!

Cool av.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! You"ll find much of that old tdt site here...some regularly; some more from time to time...both under old names and different ones.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME ALL!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Gyps

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Flygrl is on a distinguished road Flygrl's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone, I'm Kristen or just Kris. I'm a Navy pilot in training at the Naval Academy. One year to go before I earn my wings! Originally from Florida so I love surfing and hanging out at the beach. I enjoy forums and get pretty bored after homework but was unsure of where to go. I discovered this place by searching for a good deal on the final book, checked it out, and this seems like a great community to discuss my favorite series ever. I'll be around but no spoilers!!!

Nice to meet everyone.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Gyps is on a distinguished road Gyps's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Flygrl... Thanks for your service!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome to meet you, flygirl! (I could call you by your actual name of Kristen, true, but...I have too much respect for pilots! I love heights! Flying for an excellent reason? Even better!)

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 430 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 ... LastLast