Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 430 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Jinny Dickens is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

God, I love you all!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love us, Jinny, we deserve it!

bears already love you too...

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hey doug e fresh, that's a fun nickname!

Welcome to the site. Great to meet you along the path of the beam.
    thank you, long days and pleasant nights
    Time is a face on the water.

Traveler Nite Vizhun is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All, I just stumbled upon this site yesterday. I've been rereading the series these past couple weeks (near the end of Wizard & Glass now), and I happened to be at the store when I stumbled upon a turtle-shaped car air freshener. I decided to buy it and hang it in my car. When my daughter saw it, she asked me if it had a name. I said "skoldpadda." After that I wanted to learn more about the word skoldpadda, so I googled it, and this site was the second hit. The rest, as they say, is ka.

Onto the questions:

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Completely by accident. When I was a kid, I read Carrie. It freaked me out. Then I read Pet Sematary. That really creeped me out, so I stopped reading Stephen King. Then, about 15 years later, I decided to pick up a couple of his books. I blindly chose Eyes of the Dragon and The Gunslinger. I read Dragon first and loved it. But then I read The Gunslinger and was bowled over. I rushed to get The Drawing of the Three, and proceeded to read every Dark Tower book published at the time (up to Wizard & Glass) and every other book with tie-ins.

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland Deschain of Gilead, son of Steven

What is your favorite book?
    Probably The Waste Lands, but Drawing of the Three and Wolves of the Calla are close behind.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    North Shore of Massachusetts, about a half hour north of Boston.

do you have a nickname?
    People usually call me Nite with this handle. I came up with it in the late 90's when I joined "The Bronze", a Buffy the Vampire Slayer site. Nite Vizhun = Night Vision. *shrug

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Vizhun View Post
    How old are you?
    yeah, I agree, quite immature... this age lacks substance, I still remember my 40 - although vaguely...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to meet you Nite. What a great way to find us, I had no idea that word was bringing people here.

All things serve the beam.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome !There are so many new commers may I group welcome you all as we group hug ?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME to us all!!!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

WELCOME ALL!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Have no Idea if i've done this yet..

My husband wouldn't stop pestering me to read Gunslinger..so I caved and been hooked.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Jake and Oy

Wizarding Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Billings MT

do you have a nickname?
    Sure do. Momma, Sissy, Dork and many others

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Welcome back, Katie. Is Will a member? If not, get his ass in here!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

He isn't don't know if I can't get him in or not but i'll try

My Mood
    Breezy

Do. any DT fan needs to be in here.

I remember when I first read The Gunslinger, I walked around "shadow drawing" on everyone I worked with and knew. I'm such a nerdy fanboy.

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Hi everyone,

Maerlyns_Rainbow is my name. I am not new to the site, I was a pretty active member several years ago. But college started and things got busy, if ya ken it. I recently starting re-reading TDT again for the third time and so of course I typed it into google and once again found this wonderful website. I am a stay at home mom now so I have easy access to a computer once again and thought it would be awesome to see how all my old friends are doing.

So...how is everyone?
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

My Mood
    Breezy

Welcome back, Rachel. I used to be JohnBlaze at .net. (until 2 days ago, I used to be JB here too!)

Stick around, it's a fun and friendly place to be.

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Say thankee! It's gonna be good to be back, me thinks.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Rachel, good to see another Redton-ite back

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back, Rachel!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Oh, what a wonderful place it was...I miss the old crew.

So now I am here, to force you all to be my friends. bwahahahahaha

Traveler GunslingerGreg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello,

I am very glad I came across this website, as I Love the Dark Tower series and also the Comic Book series is amazing!

Comic Books
    Three-Way Tie, Roland (Bad @$$)/Oye/Blaine the Mono
    I just started "The Wolves of Calla", but so far "The Wastelands"
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Lansing, Michigan
    do you have a nickname?
    Most call me Greg, two call me Dad

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Greg!

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyns_rainbow View Post

You cannot force us. You are stuck with us.

I do miss Redton too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Welcome Greg!

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyns_rainbow View Post

You cannot force us. You are stuck with us.

I do miss Redton too.
    Yay, hugs!

Traveler mistermcgaughey is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Climbed to the Room at the Top this very day.

I just finished the series today and there's no doubt that these books will join LOTR and Pillars of the Earth on my yearly read-again list. Pumped to have found this site and want to be a part of its community. Say woot and thank ya, sai.

My brother-in-law made mention of it a few years ago and it always intrigued me until I made the dive and started reading a few months ago.

For all his flaws and sharp edges, it's got to be Roland Deschain.

The Gunslinger. It feels so different from the others and although King grew as a writer by leaps and bounds as he went along, I still love the utter arrogance and wide open-ness that bleeds through the pages of the first installment.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Natchez, Mississippi

do you have a nickname?
    I do. It's Magoo. (Charming, I know.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 430 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast