Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 430 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler loneharrier83 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Introducing myself

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I love stephen king always have i just stumbled onto it

Who is your favorite charcter?
    it'd have to be between roland and jake
    What is your favorite book?
    the wizard and the glass. It kinda explains y roland is how he is

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Milwaukee,Wisconsin born and raised

do you have a nickname T6

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome loneharrier

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler santuris is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

..been reading a lot of SK´s books when I was younger..then, just lately, had some interest in fantasy again. And thus it happened..

Who is your favorite character?

Hard to say. Might be due to the fact that I just finished the last book yesterday, but I thought the idea of Dandelo was pretty neat..a demon living of the emotions of other people..sucking them up.

But that´s more technical "liking" I guess..I like the idea of the character..and I guess, this episode could have been a bit longer..anyway, I´m getting lost.

Favorite character: Cuthbert Allgood... the most sympathetic of them all. For me, that is.. ^^

Wizard & Glass

How old are you?

28 years

Where are you from?
    Germany

do you have a nickname?

quite many. lets say "el"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler indytiger44 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! I just found this site and love it! Let me take a crack at this.

I had a friend recommend The Gunslinger to me and after that I was hooked. I read all of them within the next few months.

By far my favorite is Roland.

In the series: Wizard and Glass. I know that might not be everyone else's favorite but I liked the flashback into Roland's younger days.
    In all of King's: Under the Dome is amazing!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Baton Rouge, LA

do you have a nickname?
    Several...most not appropriate for a forum

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by indytiger44 View Post
    do you have a nickname?
    Several...most not appropriate for a forum
    You'd be pretty surprised on here, indy. Although this board has rules, a ban on swearing is not one of them! Welcome to the board, btw!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey indytiger, great to meet you.

And what DD said there is right, we pretty much go with natural King dialogue around here.

My wife has some nicknames for me that I wouldn't mention here only because it would be way TMI.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler johnnyonthespot1 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello, everyone! I have been checking out this website for the past few months and I must say that I am so happy to have discovered it!

I started reading the Dark Tower series this summer and have made it through the first four books. I am just now beginning Wolves of the Calla and can't wait to see how the tale is going to unfold.

Here we go... an answer to your riddles:

I honestly don't remember. I think I heard about it a long time ago and it kind of stuck in my mind. I thought, "Hmmm... that sounds interesting. I should read it someday." Every summer for the past few years I have re-read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series, but this time I figured I'd give a different series a chance, so I decided to get into the world of the Dark Tower.

Who is your favorite character?
    Obviously Roland is great, but I really love Sheemie! I read the first three comic series while reading Wizard and Glass, and thought he was just the coolest character ever. I nearly died from laughter when Rhea asked Sheemie to come into her hut so she could "lick his mushroom" and Sheemie replied, "fell off, it did, just the other day!" So funny.

From the Dark Tower series, I would have to say Wizard and Glass, followed close behind by The Drawing of the Three. I am just now starting Wolves of the Calla, so my favorite may change by the time I finish the whole series.

Outside of the Dark Tower series, my favorite books are probably One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey and The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.

How old are you?
    I am 30 years old.

Where are you from?
    I grew up in Winston-Salem, NC. Went to college in Chapel Hill, NC. I am now a teacher in Ahoskie, NC. If I keep on moving east, I might end up in the Atlantic Ocean soon!

do you have a nickname?
    Some of my friends call me J-Cube or John-Boy.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey J-Cube--welcome to the site.

Watch out for spoilers on the rest of your books as you travel along the path of the beam

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    My wife has some nicknames for me that I wouldn't mention here only because it would be way TMI.
    Do tell the bears, Matt. You can always spoiler-tag them as unsafe for work.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Welcome all!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Do tell the bears, Matt. You can always spoiler-tag them as unsafe for work.
    Get out your brillo pad and some ajax so you can scrub your brain clean when he's done.

Johnny, it's nice to have another North Carolinian. Where is Ahoskie?

indytiger-Short of abusive language/discriminitory speech verbally pretty much anything goes here. Nothing really is TMI unless you want it to be.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler JustSomeone is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm Pike. Thanks for having a rad site.

I've known about it for years but hadn't read it.

Oy

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Massachusetts

do you have a nickname?
    Pike, I guess.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the board, Pike. rose: Long days and pleasant nights.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Mrs.Roland.Of.Gilead is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just signed up...and so far im a little confused about the site. I LOVE Stephen King and all his work, but i think the Dark Tower has to be the best EVER. I've been looking for a forum on the DT forever, hope i have finally found a good place!!

Book club when i was in high school. I saw the book (DT 1- Gunslinger) was by Stephen King so i knew it would be a good read. I read it, loved it, and introduced all my friends to it and they fell in love too!!

By my username, i think its obvious!! lol. but in close 2nd and tied are Jake and Eddie.

Please don't make me choose!! I love them all!!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Evansville, Indiana

do you have a nickname?
    Quite a few

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to meet you Mrs. Roland.

We are actually in the middle of transition now but the site will be strong forever.

Glad you found us and I look forward to reading your posts.

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

hello all...my real name is doug and i have read thru this forum on and off for a while now, dipping back in when i go on one of my rereading kicks (i am on one now).

i was always a king fan. one day i skipped a college class and ended up in barnes and noble. i had heard mention of the dark tower before but didnt know anyone who read it. i picked it up and sat in the store and started reading The Gunslinger. read half the book on the spot and the rest is history. i tore through the first 5 books in roughly 6 weeks.

tough one. either roland, jake, or the lobstrosities. mostly because i wanted to catch, kill, and eat one.

wizard and glass. masterpiece.

How old are you?
    30 and counting

Where are you from?
    toms river, NJ. you either know that town for winning the Little League World Series, the absurd amount of camry hijackings in the mid 90s, or as a cancer cluster. go TR!

do you have a nickname?
    doug e fresh, obviously.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey doug e fresh, that's a fun nickname!

Welcome to the site. Great to meet you along the path of the beam.

Traveler Jinny Dickens is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Well, although I've become the SK fan since I was 16, I was literally forced to read The Dark Tower by the guy I liked, in my 21, this year. I wanted to read it after many of his other books. So far, my favorite is The drawing of the three.
    I am from Serbia, so I'm begging you, ignore my bad English.
    Greetings to you all!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jinny!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Jinny. Great to meet you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 430 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 ... LastLast