Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 430 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler faftsplitbeard is on a distinguished road

Default palavating

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    when the first paperback printing of the gunslinger came out, I was maybe 13. I snatched it up because the whole atmosphere of the story seemed intriguing. I really liked the stripped-down and mysterious feel to the novel. The second book followed shortly thereafter and I enjoyed it as well. It saddened me in a way because it seemed like King had little interest in finishing the story. I knew the third book would come, but figured that'd probably be it. Anyway, after years of putting it off, I'm reading the series. I reread the original printing of gunslinger and am rereading the expanded/revised version now. The writing stylistically is much better in the revised version and although it is different in a lot of ways, it is also really enjoyable. I'm excited to get into book II.

Who is your favorite character?

Only having read the first two books, although I like Jake a lot, and Roland is cool, the man in black is the reason I read it in the first place. I followed him through the desert along side Roland.

What is your favorite book?
    In terms of the series, I can't judge yet. Of all time, probably Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    New Jersey

do you have a nickname?
    Faft

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Faft, welcome to the site!

Very cool to meet you
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hello!

My aunt is a huge Stephen King fan, and she new that I was an avid reader. One day I was looking around on her bookshelf, and I found the Stephen King section. She has turned me on to a number of great authors (McCammon, King, and Straub to name a few) and after first reading the Stand I was hooked. I joined up on the SK message boards, and just continued to read and learn about King's books, I recently started the Dark Tower books after two years of reading King. I'm about halfway through Wolves of the Calla.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Jake or Cuthbert.

Wizard & Glass has been my favorite DT book, but my favorite book is Fahrenheit 451.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Oregon.

do you have a nickname?
    Some people over on the SKMB call me Codester, because my name is Cody.

I'm happy to join another community of Stephen King fanatics!

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Cody!

I hope you have a great time here

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Cody, welcome to the site.

It's great to see some folks from the SKMB checking us out. Let me know if you have any questions, the place is HUGE!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler megaknight is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I had finished reading the first novel series I ever read back in 2007 (or was it 2006, I don't remember, time is going by fast), the harry potter series. I didn't have anything else to pass the time. then, around 3 months ago, my brother Jesse shows me the first dark tower book. I read it, and im thinking Stephen King is fucked in the head, but in a good way. since then i have read the first six books twice, and have yet to read the seventh.

This is a tough question. My favorite character would have to be Jake.

The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

were are you from?

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, Sun's solar system, Milky Way Galaxy.

Do you have a nickname?

just call me Mega, Knight, or Megaknight. (or Kyle if you want)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome Kyle !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Dartania!

welcome 2hammeron3!

welcome Twilights Fire!

welcome faftsplitbeard!

welcome cody44!

welcome megaknight!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

WOW! Lots of new folk to meet and greet
    So Welcome to you all....Constant Tower reader,
    Faft, and Cody glad your here...welcome home!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler danny is on a distinguished road

I was given the first 2 books as a christmas gift and couldnt put them down.

Favorite character would have to be Eddie Dean.

Favorite Book of the series is wizard and glass.

I am 28

Im from Wrexham North wales UK

My nickname is just Danny

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome danny!

John F. Kennedy Twilights Fire is on a distinguished road Twilights Fire's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, good to be here!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Danny!

The answer is within

Traveler danny is on a distinguished road

thanks for the welcomes

Traveler kidavis70 is on a distinguished road

I was bored one day about 20 years ago and my father handed me his copy of The Gunslinger. Been hooked ever since.

Roland

The Dark Tower VII, although I was a little disappointed because the journey was over.

How old are you?
    39 (ugh)

Where are you from?
    Maryland

do you have a nickname?
    No nickname, just Kim; some people call me Kimmy

Glad I could give some information. Any other questions? Just let me know

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome...

and Kid...39 is better than 40.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome home, everybody.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Traveler SatampraZeiros is on a distinguished road

Default Hello there

Well thats a long story all its own, but Ill tell you one thing, if it hadnt of been for the first two lines of the book I never wouldve kept reading, I had so much to do and see in those days

My favourite character even from the first book, was Cuthbert, dont ask why I really couldnt tell you even if in the first book Roland only remembers him once or twice, my Fiancee (upon my telling her why I stay up until 2am sometimes reading) even says Im somewhat like him (yes I laugh like an idiot) so I guess its because I identify with him, even though we dont get to know him that well (unless Stephen King decides to do a spin off )

My favourite book would have to be the first one, why you ask? because its the only one that could really be a stand alone from all the rest (provided I havent read the last two because of the little problem I mentioned in another part of this forum which I hope someone here can help me with) and because if it had been the only book in the series it wouldve been the saddest ending I can recall in a long time (for a book)
    How old are you?
    Im 24 going on 25

Where are you from?
    I like to think all over, Ive been to Mexico,France,Peru,Argentina,Honduras, and about 20 states in the continental U.S. but I was born in good ol N.C.

do you have a nickname?
    My friends call me Sat. (and no SatampraZeiros isnt my name either the Sat nickname comes from something else, something somewhat embarrassing and innocent at the same time, at least thats what I like to think )

Well I certainly hope you learned enough about me there, and yeah I do talk (type) a lot sometimes I know, but its just my nature I guess, so I say Thankya.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome SatampraZeiros!
    Welcome you all. Long days and pleasant nights.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

welcome kidavis70!

welcome SatampraZeiros!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SatampraZeiros View Post
    Well thats a long story all its own, but Ill tell you one thing, if it hadnt of been for the first two lines of the book I never wouldve kept reading, I had so much to do and see in those days

My favourite character even from the first book, was Cuthbert, dont ask why I really couldnt tell you even if in the first book Roland only remembers him once or twice, my Fiancee (upon my telling her why I stay up until 2am sometimes reading) even says Im somewhat like him (yes I laugh like an idiot) so I guess its because I identify with him, even though we dont get to know him that well (unless Stephen King decides to do a spin off )

My favourite book would have to be the first one, why you ask? because its the only one that could really be a stand alone from all the rest (provided I havent read the last two because of the little problem I mentioned in another part of this forum which I hope someone here can help me with) and because if it had been the only book in the series it wouldve been the saddest ending I can recall in a long time (for a book)
    How old are you?
    Im 24 going on 25

Where are you from?
    I like to think all over, Ive been to Mexico,France,Peru,Argentina,Honduras, and about 20 states in the continental U.S. but I was born in good ol N.C.

do you have a nickname?
    My friends call me Sat. (and no SatampraZeiros isnt my name either the Sat nickname comes from something else, something somewhat embarrassing and innocent at the same time, at least thats what I like to think )

Well I certainly hope you learned enough about me there, and yeah I do talk (type) a lot sometimes I know, but its just my nature I guess, so I say Thankya.
    What an awesome introduction!
    Welcome, Sat - make yourself at home.
    You'll fit in beautifully around here!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Sat!

The answer is within

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Ozymandias is on a distinguished road Ozymandias's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey. I'm new.

I bought Insomnia at Walmart back in 2004, read through it, loved it, and on the back it had some of King's other works. Well the one that caught my eye was The Gunslinger. It just sounded badass and I figured with King doing it, it'd be great. So I read it and found out it was a series of books and it worked out great.

Roland and Eddie are my favorite, and you guys are the last people on the internet I need to explain why.

Book 7 is my favorite. I spent a lot of time reading the books, and fortunately I never had to wait years upon years for a book to come out like some of you did. When I finished the middle books the last books came out, so I planned it pretty nicely. But I still spent a lot of hours reading and loving the series, and it was so great to see Roland finish his quest.

How old are you?
    Turned 19 in May. Hoping it's a good year for me

Where are you from?
    Born, raised, and living in Arizona, though I do hope to move out of state in a year or two to finish college.

This looks like a great forum, and it's going to be nice to have a bunch of Tower junkies that I can talk to on a daily basis.
    My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 430 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... LastLast