+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 414 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414
Results 10,326 to 10,333 of 10333

Thread: Introduce yourself

Rabid Billybumbler Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Trudi
    Wish List:
    Rage 1st/1st
    Goblin-Josh Malerman

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Trudi!
    1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 70 4D4PT 70 CH4NG3.
    -573PH3N H4WK1NG

Traveler Old Fred is on a distinguished road Old Fred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Found a copy of The Gunslinger in our local library in the mid 80s and borrowed it thinking it was a western (I was into those then). Even though the book wasnít what I expected it was a great read; a man on a quest suddenly becoming guardian to a scared boy. Many years were to pass until I found a paperback copy of The Drawing of the Three Ė it was expensive, but I remembered how good the previous one was that I had read years before. I read this book a countless number of times Ė wow it sure cannot get better than this? Found the rest of the books a couple of years ago and last year bought The Wastelands for my Kindle (eyes arenít what they used to be for books). Didnít start reading it until mid 2019 and couldnít put it down, Iím halfway through the last one now.

Who is your favorite character?
    Jake, definitely. He is a bit of an enigma Ė he is aged 11 (12 by the time he gets to Calla), small for his age (maybe the size of a 9 year old), he had blue eyes (and presumably blond hair as this is a common combination). He is intelligent does well at school, but has none of the life experiences of the other members of the ka-tet (apart from having died twice). He is a boy with a dog (bumbler) and enjoys playing childish games (with Benny Slightman at Calla), but he appears fearless and is always in the thick of the battle. He does not shirk from killing and behaves like a man, but when itís finished he reverts to a sensitive boy who is not afraid to cry publically when he is sad. The developing bond between him and Roland culminates in their accepting each other as father and son. Jake finally fearlessly lays his life down for his fatherís quest; ďtell my father I love himĒ - Maybe heís the son I never had?

What is your favorite book? The Wastelands

How old are you? 61

Where are you from? Yorkshire, England

Do you have a nickname? No

How did you find this site? Internet search

Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Old Fred welcome... glad to have a fellow Yorkshire man here... its a great place to visit...
    White rose, white rose....

Traveler Old Fred is on a distinguished road Old Fred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a fellow Yorkshire man here
    Well I've lived here most of my life, but I was born on t'other side.
    Red rose, red rose....

Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its ok Fred... I'll forgive you
    I haven't been there in a while.. but northern blood runs deep..

Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Fred!
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Trudi and Fred!!
    ďGive me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 414 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414