Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 430 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 10739

Thread: Introduce yourself

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by GTG View Post
    Hi from Wales UK ( the little place next to England ). I joined because i have about 25 King books and i don`t really know where to start. My plan was to list the collection and ask members for a sort of recommended reading order. Plus if there are any i should get to add to the experience ( i have access to many from the library or could purchase ) Thanks
    Welcome GTG! I think the safest bet is to simply start from the beginning. Here’s a list of King’s works in order of publication. That’s how I’m making my way through it all because I don’t want to miss out on any connections between his multitude of stories. Apparently there are a lot of connections, too.

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/...reading-lists/
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GTG View Post
    Hi from Wales UK ( the little place next to England ). I joined because i have about 25 King books and i don`t really know where to start. My plan was to list the collection and ask members for a sort of recommended reading order. Plus if there are any i should get to add to the experience ( i have access to many from the library or could purchase ) Thanks
    Welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Sam_Houston will become famous soon enough Sam_Houston will become famous soon enough

Howdy from Texas. I've been reading King since I was in Junior High, and started collecting first editions when I realized most of the King books I had were already first editions.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Houston View Post
    Howdy from Texas. I've been reading King since I was in Junior High, and started collecting first editions when I realized most of the King books I had were already first editions.
    Welcome! The Calvin’s Corner sub-forum has all the collecting stuff. Check it out!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Glad to have you here. Now startup a thread so we can see all your first editions. The pics don't take themselves you know

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new folks!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone!!

Traveler Recouper will become famous soon enough

Hello. I've just started reading The Gunslinger. He's telling Brown about Tull.. yup right at the start.
    I was friends with Chtorrwar19 IRL and that's how I found this place about 10 or 11 months ago now. I have only just now raised the courage to pick up a Steven King book, I'm very affected by accounts of violence or sadness. I tend to kind of live what I read and watch.
    But it is because of Chtorrwar19 and her sense of wonder in the fantastic-ness of the worlds and characters in Steven King's stories and her obvious high estimation of his writing that it has been playing in my mind for quite some time now and I've finally gathered the courage to start. I could have listened to her talking about the stories indefinitely, I was just so captivated. And so, I have bought the book, I've turned to the start and I have read "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."
    I'm a little apprehensive about it... I generally really, really feel like I want people to be OK as I go through the story.. but it is Steven King, so.. yeah.
    I only really know of four characters so far; The Gunslinger, the Sorcerer (man in black), Bown and Zoltan, the bird. So it's a little early for me to be picking favourites.
    So, obvioulsy, I'm also living in Wellington, New Zealand. I'm 39, but I've matured in an odd sort of way and have been pretty naive about certain, unpleasant realities of life. It's actually due to my recent, rude awakening to that fact that I feel like I actually should look into darker concepts and now may be the time for me to face Steven King.
    I asked Chtorrwar19 what her favorite Steven King book is, thinking I might take a look, and she said IT... so, I decided not to start there.
    I don't have a nickname, but it would be so great if somebody were to bestow one upon me one day.
    As a side, I was amazed by the number of Steven King comics, I had no idea that there were any and there are a lot.
    I'm looking forward (with apprehension) to the immersion.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Welcome Recouper. Don't worry, in a month you will fit right in. Just go at your own pace and you will be fine. And don't be apprehensive. Be excited that you took the first step.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Traveler cesario will become famous soon enough

Hello there!!! Just want to say i'm a big fan of the Dark Tower

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read the Gunslinger back when i was a teenager, since then discovered the Jae Lee comics and heard the audiobooks.

Who is your favorite character? My favorite character is Roland of course.

What is your favorite book? The Dark Tower> is my favorite book. The part when Roland gets his guns is fixed in my memory.

How old are you? I think i'm 48 years old.

Where are you from? I was born in Honduras!!!!

do you have a nickname? not any good ones .

how did you find this site? I found this site because I'm trying to find out more about an artwork that comes in The Little Sisters of Eluria novella.

[IMG][/IMG]

I couldn't find much on the internet.
    I think the artist is Erik Wilson

My Mood
    Chatty

Welcome, Recouper and Cesario!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Cesario!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Recouper and Cesario!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cesario View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

I couldn't find much on the internet.
    I think the artist is Erik Wilson
    Welcome, Cesario!

What version of the book is that image from?

Hey!!1
    The image when i saw it was on a hardcover of Legends: Masters of Modern Fantasy. An anthology where Stephen King came out with The Little Sisters of Eluria of the Dark Tower universe.
    I believe the images were commissioned by SK.
    I was just very intrigued by the image, I thought it was pretty cool.

Country
    Country Flag

You're correct. The book credits Erik Wilson.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kraken has a spectacular aura about Kraken has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All,
    I’ve been hanging around the forum for a while (mainly other Uthers thread)
    I thought I should actually read a Stephen King books before joining as you guys are so persuasive.
    Well let’s say I picked up Salem’s Lot (always partial to a good vampire story - no not twilight YES I am legend)
    Anyway after going through Salem’s I think I’ve pretty much now got the bug.
    After Salem’s I read on writing and just finished The Shining.
    Now I’m going to have to find all the first editions. Question is UK or US.
    Probably UK as they are more than likely easier to come by but saying that finding them in fine condition will be the challenge. Or maybe both and see where I am later down the road
    Here’s to happy hunting.

Country
    Country Flag

Release the Kraken!

Welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Hi All,
    I’ve been hanging around the forum for a while (mainly other Uthers thread)
    I thought I should actually read a Stephen King books before joining as you guys are so persuasive.
    Well let’s say I picked up Salem’s Lot (always partial to a good vampire story - no not twilight YES I am legend)
    Anyway after going through Salem’s I think I’ve pretty much now got the bug.
    After Salem’s I read on writing and just finished The Shining.
    Now I’m going to have to find all the first editions. Question is UK or US.
    Probably UK as they are more than likely easier to come by but saying that finding them in fine condition will be the challenge. Or maybe both and see where I am later down the road
    Here’s to happy hunting.
    Welcome! Here are few threads to follow while hunting stuff down:

Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

King Books/Items Wanted

Gunslinger Apprentice Kraken has a spectacular aura about Kraken has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian’s much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 430 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 ... LastLast