Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 430 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 321 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by DT Music Project View Post
    Long days and pleasant nights. I'm a musician from the UK. For the last four years I have been working on a project to interpret the Dark Tower series into music. The project is nearly two thirds completed. My aim in joining this site (apart from discussing sai King's greatest work) is to promote my work, hopefully I will be able to bring my project to a larger audience of DT lovers.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I was a long time Constant Reader but not a DT fan (a state of mind I cannot even imagine now!) despite my elder brother's constant nagging. It wasn't until my friend bought me The Gunslinger (revised) for my birthday that I ventured on the greatest literary adventure of my life.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland is an easy answer, but aside from him I'd probably choose Eddie.

What is your favorite book?
    The Drawing of the Three without doubt.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Lots of different places in England

do you have a nickname?
    My musical moniker is Fingers T
    I checked out your music earlier and really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Eddie of Eld is on a distinguished road

Default Hello

Hey all, I'm Tyler.

I received 1-4 for Christmas last year (I think) from my mom, who gave up on the second book. I was instantly addicted from page 1 of the Gunslinger.

Who is your favorite character?
    It's a really close draw between Roland and Eddie. I would actually say Cuthbert, but Eddie is pretty much Bert, so Eddie may be number one, Roland an extremely close second

Probably Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Indiana

do you have a nickname?
    Ty

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Ty !!

Welcome to the site !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi. Been browsing these boards once in a while for years when I came across something I was looking for answers to but only yesterday decided to sign up. I've been reading Dark Tower books since 1992 and have always ranked them among my favorite books. Even though I am not as thrilled with the rushed ending trilogy as I might have been, I've really enjoyed them every time I read them. Over the last 18 years I have managed to read all but maybe four of King's novels, most of those being the newer ones. Reading Under the Dome last Fall got me in the mood to read all seven DT books in one go, something I never did. When the final trilogy came out, I had read teh first four often enough I didn't feel I needed to read them again at the time. Reading the four again before the last three though makes a big difference for me, the action is so compacted it was very exciting going through all seven straight through (took about a month and a half to find the time for it all). Anyway I'll fill out the questions best I can:

Discovered King in 8th grade when I was looking for something fun to read after school and found The Dark Half. I really liked it, so I checked out a stack of other stuff from the library. I think my first big haul had Night Shift and DT1 and DT2 in it and I read them all voraciously. When I got to Waste Lands it was easily the most exciting book I'd ever read. Since then I've read many better books but few if any have given me that sense of wonder the first run through Waste Lands did. I read the first three DT books three or four times each waiting for Wizard and Glass to get written.

Roland. Eddie in the final trilogy is also really great, though I was not as impressed prior to that. Basically when Eddie stopped mentioning Henry constantly he got more interesting.

What is your favorite (*Dark Tower) book?

The Gunslinger, since it can stand on its own and has absolutely no boring or irritating sections at all to me. The other books each have a page or three I could stand to see trimmed. I would probably not pick any of the seven novels as my all time favorite book though, that would be harder to pick. Though King is my favorite author I might not pick one of his as my all time favorite. If I did though it's probably It.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Salem, Oregon and London, Ontario

do you have a nickname?

Kronz, unsurprisingly

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love a detailed introduction Kronz, glad you decided to join up.

Welcome to the site
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!

Traveler Diana is on a distinguished road

I cannot believe this is my first time on this site. I have been a huge Dark Tower fan for over 10 years, I even made a DT website ages ago: http://www.angelfire.com/realm/thedarktower/. I never finished it.... mainly since darktowercompendium fulfilled all my website needs . I am kicking around ideas for a DT tattoo, I think mostly cus I just need MORE of it.

I always liked Stephen King's books (well, since I was in highschool anyways). A trip to the library found me The Drawing of the Three. I started reading that first (crime!) but very soon I realized I needed the first one. From there I just kept going, uncontrollably.

Definitely Roland.

I really want to say Gunslinger because it started it all for me. Emotionally the Gunslinger is my fave. But I think the Drawing of the Three blew my mind.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Vancouver, Canada

do you have a nickname?

Dianasaur?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Diana--great to meet you.

I'm so glad you decided to join up.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! It's great to have you join us.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I cannot believe this is my first time on this site. I have been a huge Dark Tower fan for over 10 years, I even made a DT website ages ago: http://www.angelfire.com/realm/thedarktower/. I never finished it.... mainly since darktowercompendium fulfilled all my website needs . I am kicking around ideas for a DT tattoo, I think mostly cus I just need MORE of it.

I always liked Stephen King's books (well, since I was in highschool anyways). A trip to the library found me The Drawing of the Three. I started reading that first (crime!) but very soon I realized I needed the first one. From there I just kept going, uncontrollably.

Definitely Roland.

I really want to say Gunslinger because it started it all for me. Emotionally the Gunslinger is my fave. But I think the Drawing of the Three blew my mind.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Vancouver, Canada

do you have a nickname?

Dianasaur?
    Dianasaur. That's so cute.

You should check out our dark tower tattoo thread ... it's around here somewhere.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Dianasaur!
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome Diana ... Hey, though I could only see one - I love the map you have on your angelfire site!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler TodashSpaceDweller is on a distinguished road TodashSpaceDweller's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Another Introduction

Hello. I'm a Forum noob, so i figured practice makes perfect so here i am. This seems like a good place to start because I love the Dark tower so much!

My Dad used to read tons of stephen king, when he was younger. i was always interested and i saw IT as a kid. it scared the hell out of me and that turned me off for a awhile. last year I first read the novel and thenwatched the film. Book is so much better!!!! anyway i discovered that many of his other novels had lots of connections to this one series of his, The Dark Tower. I decided to pick up the first one and fell inlove with it. that wasen't long ago and I'm actually only finishing wolves of the calla so... yeah. I plan to tackle alot of other king connecting books though (ie. Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis, The Stand and maybe Rose Madder)

I love Oy. the idea of the ka-tet having a sort of pet is awesome! but he's so much more than that also. i love when he copies what people say and he's really brave at times also. great stuff

The Wastelands. lots of great adventuring around Mid-world and great characters to meet in that one. (sort of a Spoiler here) the cliffhanger ending is brilliant.

How old are you?
    17 in April

Where are you from?
    Toronto Canada

do you have a nickname?
    Not really...

My Mood
    Amused

Welcome to the site, Todash!

Traveler WR_Orion is on a distinguished road

Suppose since I'm visiting here every day, and now posting a bit here and there, I figured I should introduce myself.

A roommate introduced me to TDT back when I was in college in the early 90's. I read the first 3 books then and was crushed to learn there were no more!
    Then, completely by accident, I discovered a few months ago that there were in fact more books and the series had been completed! I bought #4 myself, then made sure my kids knew to get me 5,6 and 7 for Christmas. I finished DT VII a week or so ago. Mixed emotions and am certainly going through what I saw someone refer to here as Post DT Depression or something similar?

Ah, well Roland of course! Although that might change after I re-read 1-3. It has been nearly 20 years.

Out of the last 4 of the DT series I'd say W&G. As above though, we'll see after I refresh my memory of 1-3.

How old are you?
    As of 2/2010 I'm 37, I think, although I forget sometimes, really.

Where are you from?
    USA - Born in AZ, grew up and went to college in OK and have lived in IL since 93.

do you have a nickname?
    Not really. Always use Orion as a forum name as a mythological hunter reference.

Looking forward to wasting, errr spending some quality work time here with all of you of similar interests.
    So, Nice to meetcha

Traveler maverick1012 is on a distinguished road maverick1012's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hi!

hi everyone!

im a long time stalker first time poster so here goes!

i went through a King phase in high school and discovered it on my own, luckily by the time i had discovered it he had already written all but the final book! so i only had to wait a couple months for the last book

jake chambers by a mile

the gunslinger, theres just nothing like it

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    NJ, usa

do you have a nickname?
    i use my horse's name for everything, so Maverick =)

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Maverick.
    make yourself at home.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Amused

Welcome to the site, Orion! I think we've already met in the LOST threads.

Welcome to the site, Maverick! Your horse looks enormous in your avatar.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, folks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 430 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 321 ... LastLast