+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 411 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 10267

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler HerbziKal will become famous soon enough HerbziKal will become famous soon enough HerbziKal's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default HerbziKal's Introduction Post.

Hey all,

I only just discovered the existence of this forum today, accidentally while awaiting the ability to post threads on the Stephen King Message Board... but as the Dark Tower is my favourite King series, I think I may like it here more anyway! Can't wait to get involved in the discussion! However, this is only my second post, so I have a few more to make until I can pose my own ideas...

In the mean time...

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Growing up my mum loved the DT books, and I have strong memories as a kid of her pining for the next books release. When I was older I discovered the joys of Stephen King starting with IT and then The Green Mile. After this I thought it was about time I found out what all my mum's fuss over the DT books was about. I bought the DT audiobooks, read by the amazing Frank Muller (2-4) and George Guidall (1, 5, 6 & 7). I have listened to them on near repeat (along with a certain fantasy series mainly involving Ice and Fire) since the start of my PhD, which has found me looking down a microscope for hundreds and hundreds of hours with my ears free.

Who is your favorite character? Of the White? Eddie Dean / Cuthbert Allgood for sure, they are so similar it is hard to pick- but perhaps Cuthbert has the edge. May be boring to some- but it's true. If I am honest though, I do often find myself drawn towards the characterisations and personalities of those who serve the Red, Eldred Jonas being at the top of the pile of fantastic dark characters.

What is your favorite book? Again with my indecisiveness, but it has to be either Book 2 or Book 4. Book 4 is such a fantastic story, with the metropolitan start and the old-west middle. It is satisfying, insightful, and incredibly bitter-sweet with a great setting, arch and characters. Of all the books I find this one evokes the most varied and strongest emotional responses from me. Also it contains Cuthbert of course. In terms of the books focusing on the main plot, Book 2 will always stick with me as a special one. While elements of other books form particular highlights, the entirety of Drawing stands out to me as amazing. Also it was the first book that truly got me hooked on Roland and his quest, so I feel I owe it my great thanks.

How old are you? 27

Where are you from? England, UK

Do you have a nickname? Herb, Herby, Kal

How did you find this site? Almost feels a sin but... Google! I needed to find a place where I could talk to others as addicted as me to the Tower.
    . .'\ /`. .
    ..._: .-. .-. :_...
    .' '-.(0 ) (o).-' `.
    : _ _ _`~(_)~`_ _ :

: /: ' .-=_ _=-. ` ;\ :
    : ` | |`:-:-.-:-:'| |:' :
    `. `| | | | | |' .'
    ``-------''

I Waited Out the Starkblast in Gook

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see you back, Bethany.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll welcome you here too, Herb.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I'll welcome you here too, Herb.
    Ditto!!!!

Traveler HerbziKal will become famous soon enough HerbziKal will become famous soon enough HerbziKal's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Thank you
    . .'\ /`. .
    .' '-.(0 ) (o).-' `.

`. `| | | | | |' .'
    ``-------''

Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Herb! Books 2 and 4 are my favorites as well. And Eddie Dean is the man!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

My Mood
    Psychedelic

The man could talk the devil into setting himself on fire after all.
    . .'\ /`. .
    .' '-.(0 ) (o).-' `.

`. `| | | | | |' .'
    ``-------''

Along the Path of the Beam BadHatHarry is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! Been lurking for a long time, but decided to join up today. Avid King (and others) collector for many years.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Always been a fantasy nerd and a Stephen King fan, so it just seemed inevitable that I would end up a DT fan.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland. He was an anti-hero Vic Mackey before anti-heros were a thing. I like complex characters, and it's great to find a character that you root for even though he's not that nice a guy, until it gets later towards the end.

What is your favorite book?

Wizard & Glass. I love the backstory.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Texas

do you have a nickname?

Nope.

how did you find this site?

It's a mainstay of the King collecting community.

Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Harry! Also a huge fan of book 4.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead kingfan2323 is a jewel in the rough kingfan2323 is a jewel in the rough kingfan2323 is a jewel in the rough kingfan2323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Hi everyone! Been lurking for a long time, but decided to join up today. Avid King (and others) collector for many years.

Always been a fantasy nerd and a Stephen King fan, so it just seemed inevitable that I would end up a DT fan.

Roland. He was an anti-hero Vic Mackey before anti-heros were a thing. I like complex characters, and it's great to find a character that you root for even though he's not that nice a guy, until it gets later towards the end.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Texas

do you have a nickname?

Nope.

Had me at the Vic Mackey reference! Maybe the best show ever? Everyone relax. . . Love the Wire, Sopranos, and Deadwood also. Ha!

Welcome, Man. Fairly new myself. Fun site

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Traveler hemisphire is on a distinguished road

Read The Eyes of the Dragon, it was a natural next read.

Oy.

Song of Susannah, loved the meta aspects.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Virginia.

do you have a nickname?

Nope.

Google.

Pinkman fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely

Welcome, all new comers.
    Growth. Decay. Transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead has a spectacular aura about blunthead has a spectacular aura about blunthead has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Texas

do you have a nickname?

Nope.

Had me at the Vic Mackey reference! Maybe the best show ever? Everyone relax. . . Love the Wire, Sopranos, and Deadwood also. Ha!

well you two have my seal of approval. Want to ride the Armenian Money Train with me?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Along the Path of the Beam BadHatHarry is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Texas

do you have a nickname?

Nope.

well you two have my seal of approval. Want to ride the Armenian Money Train with me?
    No way, I know where that ends. I don't need a grenade in my car, thank you very much.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Hemi!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME HERB AND HEMI!!!
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Harry!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    WELCOME HERB AND HEMI!!!
    Sounds like a duet.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    WELCOME HERB AND HEMI!!!
    Sounds like a duet.

Or smoking pot in a Dodge!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    WELCOME HERB AND HEMI!!!
    Sounds like a duet.

Or smoking pot in a Dodge!
    That too!

Rabid Billybumbler Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome guys
    Wish List:
    Rage 1st/1st
    Roadwork 1st/1st

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Harry and Hemi.

Traveler Johnny T will become famous soon enough

Hi all!!!

It is a pleasure to be on this page.

See you around.

Best,

Guardian of the Beam MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Mellow

Welcome Johnny, and everyone else.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 411 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 ... LastLast