Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 430 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtok View Post
    Hi, I'm Myrtok. I picked up a paperback of DT 1 about 10 years ago, a bit intrigued by a SK book with a cowboy on the cover. I read the series up through Wizard and Glass several times before the last part of the series finally got published. I remember absolutely salivating over any shred about the Dark Tower I could gleen from the several other novels and short stories that make reference to midworld while I was waiting for Wolves of the Calla to finally become available. Just lately my brother returned volumes 1 and 2 after having borrowed them, and I started all over again, hence my sudden interest in this site.
    Welcome! We have little subforums for discussions on each book and the series in general, so you came to the right place.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT HAS BEEN SOOOOOOO LONG SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE O.O

I missed you guys

Unofficial Doctor Who Obsessor Club Created by IR:
    IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

John F. Kennedy Stuffy-Guy is on a distinguished road

About 230 miles SSE of Bangor, ME (suburban Boston)
    My Mood
    Shocked

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I had held off on reading the Dark Tower books [my bad, don't ask me why], but so enjoyed "The Little Sisters of Eluria" when I read "Everything's Eventual" that I needed to start in on "The Gunslinger". I haven't read anything but the series since starting in, and I'm now almost done with "Wolves of the Calla". I'm reading with a degree of urgency, needless to say....

Who is your favorite charcter?

Cuthbert -- I even purchased a rook skull so I could have my very own "Lookout"

What is your favorite book?

Of the ones I've completed? "Wizard and Glass" I suppose, but it's close

How old are you?

I was born in the 60's....

Where are you from?

I'm from Greater Boston

Do you have a nickname

Nothing I'd care to disclose yet -- gotta preserve some mystery. Feel free to call me Bill, though.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this site, it's nice to have others along for my reckless ride into obsession. Seems like a decent ka-tet here.

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I've posted a few new DT treasures I've recently picked up but otherwise I'm squeaky-clean around here so I thought I'd introduce myself:

I was probably 13 when I first read 'The Gunslinger'. The Sphere UK edition without the Whelan illustrations.
    I had read a lot of King (Misery, The Shining, Night Shift, Salems Lot, Tommyknockers) that year and was absolutely adamant that I would read as much of the master as possible! Lucky for me I found a copy of DTI!
    'The Gunslinger' was profound enough for me to begin and re-begin a series of knock-off DT short-stories. None which were ever finished or worth reading!
    The DT series up until IV was really hard to get in Australia (comparatively) so I probably didn't read DTII and III until at least 1992. Hard to say.
    I would devour the rest of the series as quickly as King could write and publish it.

Who is your favourite character?
    Cuthbert Allgood.
    Am I only one around here who thinks that 'Wizard And Glass' was freaking awesome!?!!???
    Also Oy rocks especially in DTVII.

Of the DT series I would say DTII because it really made the series explode in my mind with that book. After the dusty bare-bones of DTI it completely transformed the DT world and the possibilities became endless (although I never imagined the plot-lines of DTV-VII could eventuate!)

How old are you?
    31 years.

Where are you from?
    Blue Mountains, Australia

Do you have a nickname?
    No, actually.

Thx guys!

Traveler saxy555 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

As a way of saying hello and introducing myself I'll just do this. I'm an open book (no pun intended). Ask me anything!

I found The Gunslinger at a yard sale. Never looked back.

Who is your favorite character?

Jake Chambers, absolutely! Of all the characters he is the most noble, yet still remains human.

The Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

do you have a nickname?

In real life, Cin. Online, Saxy

Where are you from?

Northern California, although I now live in Eastern Oklahoma.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffy-Guy View Post
    I'm glad I stumbled upon this site, it's nice to have others along for my reckless ride into obsession. Seems like a decent ka-tet here.
    Welcome, Bill! I'm glad you found this site too. We think it's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dubrosa22 View Post

Thx guys!
    Welcome to the site, dubs!

Quote Originally Posted by saxy555 View Post
    As a way of saying hello and introducing myself I'll just do this. I'm an open book (no pun intended). Ask me anything!

I found The Gunslinger at a yard sale. Never looked back.

Who is your favorite character?

Jake Chambers, absolutely! Of all the characters he is the most noble, yet still remains human.

The Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

do you have a nickname?

In real life, Cin. Online, Saxy

Where are you from?

Northern California, although I now live in Eastern Oklahoma.

Welcome, Saxy!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome to all!!! dive in and enjoy and i look forwards to discussing the books and more with you all

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, everyone! I hope you enjoy it here. Being a fairly new member myself, I can attest to how quickly you'll become a member of our Tet!

You have no idea. Whatever level of obsession you have here, I'm sure you will find others who are just as bad (myself included). The moderators here are fantastic; I'm sure you'll have a blast! Make sure to check out the threads within the Wizard and Glass book section. If that's your favorite book so far then I can promise you that you'll find some threads of interest. My personal favorite of all of the W&G threads:
    Spoiler:
    Who's responsible for Susan's death?
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is an amazing discussion that offers a great amount of insight.

Welcome to the site everyone, I hope you enjoy it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

W00t whOOt, hello everybody! Gosh it's nice to see new faces around.
    Welcome to the site y'all, you really are so gonna love it here.
    Thanks for sharing a bit of yourselves too, come on in and lets start sharing some
    more. Whad'ya say?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

John F. Kennedy Stuffy-Guy is on a distinguished road

About 230 miles SSE of Bangor, ME (suburban Boston)
    My Mood
    Shocked

Just finished reading "Wolves..." Freakin'-A amazing!! Been a long time since I cheered out loud while reading a book -- only time as an adult. I've already carved out enough scheduled time to read "Song..." this weekend.

For those who've read the series more than once -- and I'm sensing that's most of you -- do rereadings bring nearly the reward and revelation of the first time through?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Oh yeah, just as emotional every time for me. The highs, lows
    tears. What a journey each time, and often picking up some
    thing new, unnoticed etc...on rereads. Welcome stuffy guy!

The answer is within

Along the Path of the Beam DocPain is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Kinda new...maybe

Hi all. I regged a while back, just have not actively posted. I'm a huge Tower fan as well as just about everything else from SK.

Gunslinger Apprentice CrimsonMordred is on a distinguished road CrimsonMordred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Doc, I'm pretty new here, but I have a huge Stephen King Collection myself. Welcome Back

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMordred View Post
    Hey Doc, I'm pretty new here, but I have a huge Stephen King Collection myself. Welcome Back
    Howdy!!

My Mood
    In Love

Hello Doc, it's very nice to meetcha!!! welcome home

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Hello Doc, it's very nice to meetcha!!! welcome home
    Thanks

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished reading "Wolves..." Freakin'-A amazing!! Been a long time since I cheered out loud while reading a book -- only time as an adult.
    this is my man!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    In Love

It's heartwarming to read the expressions of the just finished
    reading junkies isnt it?

The answer is within

Traveler DT Music Project is on a distinguished road

Long days and pleasant nights. I'm a musician from the UK. For the last four years I have been working on a project to interpret the Dark Tower series into music. The project is nearly two thirds completed. My aim in joining this site (apart from discussing sai King's greatest work) is to promote my work, hopefully I will be able to bring my project to a larger audience of DT lovers.

I was a long time Constant Reader but not a DT fan (a state of mind I cannot even imagine now!) despite my elder brother's constant nagging. It wasn't until my friend bought me The Gunslinger (revised) for my birthday that I ventured on the greatest literary adventure of my life.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland is an easy answer, but aside from him I'd probably choose Eddie.

The Drawing of the Three without doubt.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Lots of different places in England

do you have a nickname?
    My musical moniker is Fingers T

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DT Music Project View Post
    Long days and pleasant nights. I'm a musician from the UK. For the last four years I have been working on a project to interpret the Dark Tower series into music. The project is nearly two thirds completed. My aim in joining this site (apart from discussing sai King's greatest work) is to promote my work, hopefully I will be able to bring my project to a larger audience of DT lovers.
    That's really awesome! Would you need a bassist by any chance? I've been looking for a good excuse to move to the UK

Welcome to the site, Music! I hope you enjoy it here.

Traveler DT Music Project is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    That's really awesome! Would you need a bassist by any chance? I've been looking for a good excuse to move to the UK

Welcome to the site, Music! I hope you enjoy it here.
    Thankee sai!
    I do play bass on my tracks, though my main skills are guitar and keyboard. If you'd like to collaberate sometime let me know.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DT Music Project View Post
    Thankee sai!
    I do play bass on my tracks, though my main skills are guitar and keyboard. If you'd like to collaberate sometime let me know.
    I would be honored to be a part of your project if that's at all possible. If you send me a few excerpts from a couple songs (Blaine is one of my favorites), then I could try them out with some recording equipment and tell you if it's anything I could help with. Whether you send them as tabs or sheet music, it doesn't matter. If need be, I can give you an e-mail address. If that's anything you would be interested in, please tell me. Like I said, I would love to be part of your project!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 430 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast