Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Welcome officially, Zidan!
    Thank you, Brian! Glad to be here.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    . While I've read over 50 of King's works, I stayed away from The Dark Tower series until 2017 when I read it at age 26 in Canada. What an idiotic mistake to wait 12 years to read this. Phenomenal series.
    Don't feel too idiotic for it. I did the same thing. I read King obsessively for about 12-13 years before finally giving into The Dark Tower. I was so overwhelmed over the prospect of starting King's magnum opus that I put it off as long as possible. I even picked up The Gunslinger on two separate occasions and put it back down because I couldn't get into it. I was so scared that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy the King series that was supposed to be the best thing ever from his collection. But, luckily, third time's a charm because when I picked up The Gunslinger again, I was absolutely hooked and it changed everything for me.

Also, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy exploring everything and discussing everything King.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    . While I've read over 50 of King's works, I stayed away from The Dark Tower series until 2017 when I read it at age 26 in Canada. What an idiotic mistake to wait 12 years to read this. Phenomenal series.
    Don't feel too idiotic for it. I did the same thing. I read King obsessively for about 12-13 years before finally giving into The Dark Tower. I was so overwhelmed over the prospect of starting King's magnum opus that I put it off as long as possible. I even picked up The Gunslinger on two separate occasions and put it back down because I couldn't get into it. I was so scared that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy the King series that was supposed to be the best thing ever from his collection. But, luckily, third time's a charm because when I picked up The Gunslinger again, I was absolutely hooked and it changed everything for me.

Also, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy exploring everything and discussing everything King.
    Although I finished the journey years ago; TDT series has never been a fav of mine. Book 2 & 4 were the high points for me.
    Spoiler:
    I really enjoyed the return of Father Callahan.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My issue was more that I stubbornly refused accept that a series that I saw at the time as basically The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly meets Lord of the Rings would be worth my time or would match the intensity of Salem's Lot, IT, The Shining, The Stand, or even Desperation. It is one of the rare occasions when you're actually happy to have been so wrong all these years.

Thank you for the kind welcome Glad to be here.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My issue was more that I stubbornly refused accept that a series that I saw at the time as basically The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly meets Lord of the Rings would be worth my time or would match the intensity of Salem's Lot, IT, The Shining, The Stand, or even Desperation. It is one of the rare occasions when you're actually happy to have been so wrong all these years.

Thank you for the kind welcome Glad to be here.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I agree wholly. I also couldn't fathom how I was going to enjoy such a series as much as I enjoyed Desperation or The Talisman or all those other King books that stole my heart.
    I was so stupid.

Edit: Also, it's very cool that you named Desperation. That is one of my all-time favorite King books.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME FOLKS!!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler redman is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi my name is Marcus and I am from Kansas City. I am a huge King fan and have been reading and listening to his books for 20 years or so. I remember the 1st book I read was Misery and it captured me. I signed up here a while back but I just lurked but I thought I should introduce myself

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree wholly. I also couldn't fathom how I was going to enjoy such a series as much as I enjoyed Desperation or The Talisman or all those other King books that stole my heart.
    I was so stupid.

Edit: Also, it's very cool that you named Desperation. That is one of my all-time favorite King books.
    Desperation would have likely been an all-time fav (for me) had the ending not been so disappointing. 75% of Desperation was phenomenal. That final 25% though...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Desperation would have likely been an all-time fav had the ending not been so disappointing. 75% of Desperation was phenomenal. That final 25% though...
    Ugh.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    Hi my name is Marcus and I am from Kansas City. I am a huge King fan and have been reading and listening to his books for 20 years or so. I remember the 1st book I read was Misery and it captured me. I signed up here a while back but I just lurked but I thought I should introduce myself
    Welcome fellow flatlander!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all newcomers... Go deep.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Welcome all newcomers... Go deep.
    [resists that what she said joke]

Welcome! Stop lurking and start posting.

Traveler LelandGaunt is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all. New guy here. I’ve seen several folks talk about this forum on various King collecting pages on FB and thought I’d check it out.

Country
    Country Flag

I plan to

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LelandGaunt View Post
    Hello all. New guy here. I’ve seen several folks talk about this forum on various King collecting pages on FB and thought I’d check it out.
    Glad you decided to check it out. Welcome!

I plan to

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Leland!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome one and all! Great to see so many king fans!!

Traveler writersblock is on a distinguished road

Hi there my name is John and I am from Scotland. Been a King fan forever and currently rereading all of his books and short stories (just 'cause) - and I have started a podcast with a friend. We have recorded episode one and it's on soundcloud and was a ton o' fun,

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by writersblock View Post
    Hi there my name is John and I am from Scotland. Been a King fan forever and currently rereading all of his books and short stories (just 'cause) - and I have started a podcast with a friend. We have recorded episode one and it's on soundcloud and was a ton o' fun,

Looking forward to chatting to you all.
    Welcome!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Leland and writersblock, you are well met...

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, John!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 430 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 ... LastLast