Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 430 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 358 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck in your collecting endeavors, Shannon! I do hope you collect for personal satisfaction and a love of Stephen King's work, and not just to turn a profit (although there's nothing wrong with that!).

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    Good luck in your collecting endeavors, Shannon! I do hope you collect for personal satisfaction and a love of Stephen King's work, and not just to turn a profit (although there's nothing wrong with that!).
    I tell everyone that everything I own is for sale, with the exception of two things: My Stephen King Collection, and My McFarlane Toys Collection, lol

Although, I have to tell you, it did intrigue me a bit when I bought Legacies S/L for $250 one day and then saw copies of it on Ebay selling for $400 the next week ... But even if I did that, it would be to buy more Stephen King books, lol

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    I tell everyone that everything I own is for sale, with the exception of two things: My Stephen King Collection, and My McFarlane Toys Collection, lol

Although, I have to tell you, it did intrigue me a bit when I bought Legacies S/L for $250 one day and then saw copies of it on Ebay selling for $400 the next week ... But even if I did that, it would be to buy more Stephen King books, lol
    Cool. I look forward to seeing what you get as your collection grows. I'm trying to resist the urge to collect all the 1st/1st's myself, because once I start the dreaded completist streak in me will hit and that will be all she wrote. Plus, I'm too poor. So for now, I'm trying to stick to a more vicarious form of satisfaction by checking out the collections of others...

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    OK, and now for my fifth post, I shall properly introduce myself.

My name is Shannon, 26 year old white male. Born in New York, grew up in North Carolina, currently stationed in Las Vegas, Nevada. I've been in the military for about six years, been in Las Vegas for two. I love it here. I am a 24 hour a day person, I need a 24 hour a day city.

I work with bombs for the Air Force. Build them, store them, deliver them to the flightline, load them onto planes. Sounds slightly interesting, it is not. It is mindless, repetitive work, and I hate it. But I love the benefits. Perfect example: my left kidney decided to die on me three years ago and they had to take it out. Between tests, hospital visits, surgery, medicine, all that, it would have cost over fifteen thousand dollars. I didn't have to pay one cent of that. THAT'S why I "shut up and color" at my job. You can't beat safety and security like that, you know? And one day, if and when I have a wife and kids, they'll be taken care of also. And that's just one of the benefits ... But so on and so on, onto the good stuff!

In addition to my military job, I also buy and sell things locally, using the internet, Craigslist mostly. I primarily deal with DVDs and Blu-Rays, but I sometimes do books, comic books, trading cards, movie posters, action figures, toys, board games, electronics, some artwork ... Anything that will make me a dollar, I'm on it.

I just started my Stephen King collection, I'm kind of OCD about keeping lists about everything. I'm currently in the middle of compiling a SK bibliography. I know there are "complete" bibliographies out there, but there always seems to be something a little "incomplete" about them, no? But anyway, as soon as I'm done, if I'm ever done, lol, I'm sure I'll be pimping it out to everyone that wants it. It's so damn detailed, it's ridiculous. If you could put every piece of information you ever found online about Stephen King's books, short stories, anthologies, essays, everything, and put it into one excel spreadsheet, you would almost have what I am doing.

Like I said, I just started my collection, and my goal at the moment is to collect every first edition main book of his, as well as every S/L, as well as the first appearance of every short story and nonfiction he's done. Once that's done I'm sure I'll move onto Artist Editions and Foreign Copies and ARCs and so on. But I need to start with this, or else I'll just collect everything with no clear direction, you know?

Anyway, hello. I'm online almost 24/7 (I have to pretend I'm working while at work, but I'm still here online, lol) so I'll talk with you all a lot.

Until then,
    Shannon
    Welcome to the site! It's always nice to meet another kind of OCD person who likes to keep lists. I'm that way myself.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, who woulda thunk that when I joined TDT.org, I woulda found my soulmate?

Stephen King fan AND slightly OCD? Heaven.

Traveler Jezminda is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I've been an avid King reader for years, since I first read The Dead Zone. Thought it was time to embark on the Tower series.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    I'm only on the 3rd, so thus far I think it'd have to be Susanna.

What is your favorite book?
    Of the series I;ve read, The Wastelands.
    Aside from The Dark Tower, it'd have to be Dolores Clairborne.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Lincoln, UK.

do you have a nickname?
    Nope, not that I get called to my face anyway

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I was right in Barnes & Noble and when I saw that the series was "finished" I finally allowed myself to start and read thru the entire 7 book series. Of course I ran out between Drawing of the Three and the Wastelands to buy the 3rd installment since it was such a cliffhanger and after than I bought 2 at a time so I wouldn't be left hanging--say thankyou

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland (followed closely by Eddie and Cuthbert) for the DT series, for the entire King mythology I am fairly partial to Dolores Clairborne

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass (for the DT series) I also like DreamCatcher, Tommyknockers, and The Lord of the Rings as well as quite a few Lovecraft stories, The Call of Cthuthlu being a fave selection

How old are you? I plead the 5th on this one

Where are you from? Texas originally but I have been transplanted to Colorado for the past ten years, maybe in 10 more they will consider me an official almost native

do you have a nickname? I actually go by a diminutive form of my middle name, so all my life I have been known by that, not sure that counts or if I want to share it since it could potentially out me IRL but I was briefly called Sprout at one time in my apprenticeship

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I discovered it when I was 13. I'd already read a few King books and I took the Gunslinger at random. I read the first sentence and I was hooked

Cuthbert.

SoS

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Paris, France

do you have a nickname?
    Seg. But on .net & .com, I'm Jean's little gem

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Little Gem!!! it's wonderful to see you back here

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been a long long time Glad to be back too!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Beam Seeker, pleasure to have you here !

Traveler Deedee is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone!!!!! some of you may remind me as Diani of Gilead, I used to be a member a long time ago. I came back thanks to Jean and I am so excited! I have met so many wonderful people thanks to the Dark Tower. I have kept contact with many of them via facebook. I hope I get to meet more an more wonderful people this time around.
    Yay let's have fun!!!!

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Deedee!

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Diani!!!!!!!!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Deedee is on a distinguished road

Omg Spaceman!! How r you? Jean love

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am doing well. Not spectacular, but well.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Traveler soloman63 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Journey begins

When I first read "The Dark Tower" back in the '70,s, my immediate thought was that it has to be made into a movie, but who to play Roland? After much consideration, I finally settled on Clint Eastwood, the "spaghetti-western / Dirty Harry" star. However, now he'd only be able to play Roland's grandfather (if such a character existed). Now, to discover that the Dark Tower will be a three movie deal with a limited TV series between movies AND to have Ron Howard directing with Javier Bardem (the psycho killer from "No Country For Old Men") as Roland, is like having a dream come true. I can now die a happy man, but not until I've seen all the movies/TV series and bought the DVD"s.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by soloman63 View Post
    When I first read "The Dark Tower" back in the '70,s, my immediate thought was that it has to be made into a movie, but who to play Roland? After much consideration, I finally settled on Clint Eastwood, the "spaghetti-western / Dirty Harry" star. However, now he'd only be able to play Roland's grandfather (if such a character existed). Now, to discover that the Dark Tower will be a three movie deal with a limited TV series between movies AND to have Ron Howard directing with Javier Bardem (the psycho killer from "No Country For Old Men") as Roland, is like having a dream come true. I can now die a happy man, but not until I've seen all the movies/TV series and bought the DVD"s.
    Welcome Soloman63,
    Nice to have you on board, I'm new to the site myself.
    It's pretty fun & informative, when I can find the time.
    P.S. did you mean the 80's?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been a fan of Steven King since reading "Carrie" for which he received an advance of $400,000 and started him on the road to fame and fortune. When The Dark Tower first appeared in the 70's, I remember reading it and being captivated by the main character, Roland. Some time back, I bought the final book in the series and, after starting to read it, put it aside and ordered the first six from Amazon.com. Reading the first one again was like coming home after being away on a long journey and finding a long-lost friend had returned. As I progressed through each book and shared in Roland's journey, the ending of the story in book VII surprised me at first, but realized that it was the only logical conclusion. To pick one as my favourite is, for me, impossible so I'll pick all of them. Many people find it interesting that a man in his 60's would be a fan of this type of fiction, but I think it's because there's a bit of Roland in all of us who followed him on his epic journey. Maybe being a former long-haul trucker from (and still living in) St. Catharines, Ontario had a certain influence on me or maybe it's because I've always been a avid reader. My CB handle was (and still is) "The Nightowl". Reason? Because I like to fly at night & don't give a "hoot"!!

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

To all who responded, thanks for the correction on the decade; it was in the '80,s (1982 to be exact) when I read The Dark Tower for the first time. When you get to be "old" (LOL) like me, you get confused easily.

Traveler dreimer1217 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cheeky

Greetings all. New here to this forum, but have been a fan of King's work since my mother allowed me to read The Shining at the age of 10 to just shut me up. I couldn't read his books fast enough after that, and that is still true to this day. The Dark Tower series, however, held my attention and adoration much more so than the other books. And to be real honest, when I FINALLY got to the end of the story, after 22 years of him publishing those books occasionally, I was shocked and angry at the end. At first. When I thought about it later, I realized that it really was the perfect ending for this story. It made sense. It's not what I wanted, but it made sense (and really, if I could get what I wanted, then I'd be able to write these books!!! LOL).

Any way, name is Dana, female, live in the southern US, in my 40's, friendly and don't bite. Glad to be here.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Bryn Lucas is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

I had heard it being discussed on the radio. Picked The Gunslinger up in a shop and read the first pages.....hooked

The Man in Black. Love the fact he is all over SK books. Just disappointed in his demise!

The Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Essex UK

do you have a nickname?
    Not one i can put on a family friendly forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 430 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 358 ... LastLast