Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 430 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Hi! I'm sorta like a new member. It's certainly been awhile at least.
    Has been a minute or two. Welcome back, Brice!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Brian!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Brian!
    Welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler hawkesk is on a distinguished road

Default Looking for a Previous Moment from a King Novel

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Always been a follower since Cujo, the first Dark Tower book grabbed me: "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." I read an interview where he said it was his best opening line EVER, and I tend to agree!

Who is your favorite character? The Ka-tet, including Oy.

What is your favorite book? They are all one as far as I'm concerned.

How old are you? MYOB.

Where are you from? Currently living in Jomtien, Thailand.

Do you have a nickname? "Butch" to family and friends. (Which are you?)

How did you find this site? Google search

Default Which Novel Was This?

I am looking for the novel where King described two matrons sharing cookies and tea in the afternoon, sun shining into their nook. It is one of the most vivid memories I've ever received from a writer, and I'd like to revisit.
    Last edited by hawkesk; 04-16-2018 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Fat fingers (to, two)

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Butch!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hawkesk View Post
    I am looking for the novel where King described two matrons sharing cookies and tea in the afternoon, sun shining into their nook. It is one of the most vivid memories I've ever received from a writer, and I'd like to revisit.
    I would guess at "The Little Sisters of Eluria" as this is the only book I can think of that has matron's in it. However there is no reference to Tea or cookies in any of the book text. and 'nook' is only referenced in one passage that includes Roland and Sister Jenna:

“Besides,' she said as they lay back against the embankment of the little nook they had found, 'they'll not follow. Those that are left - Michela, Louise, Tamra - will be packing up to move on. They know to leave when the time comes; that's why the Sisters have survived as long as they have. ”
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lisey's Story has quite a few mentions of a memory nook, including with Lisey and Amanda having a discussion in the nook.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

What is your favorite book? They are all one as far as I'm concerned.
    Never thought of it that way but it makes sense. Welcome to TDT!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like tLSoE but reminds me of when lisey ans her sis are sat outside in the sun... there were nurses in The Stand...
    Anyway! Welcome butch...

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome, Brice! Make yourself at home. Don't be a stranger.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Welcome, Brice! Make yourself at home. Don't be a stranger.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Thanks!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome hawkesk!

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Now he's here, then he's not!!!! lol lol

Welcome back, Brice for like the tenth time!!!!! Can I just make this a standing "Welcome Back" to be brought back time and again when appropriate? lol Just breaking your balls you Boston loving baked bean bastard!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I probably need my own dedicated welcome back thread, but somehow I don't think Jerome would like that.

If you rescue me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Or we can report "Brice sightings" around the board.

"Details are sketchy, but witnesses report seeing a Brice post in the Rock n Roll Music Video thread earlier today."

Traveler robingrantham11 is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone, I'm Robin from Crawley, England, Nice to meet you all.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by robingrantham11 View Post
    Welcome, Robin! What’s your favorite Dark Tower book?

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Robin!

Welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Woah woah woah. You can't just go changing your name and confusing people [coughs/me/coughs] like that.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Woah woah woah. You can't just go changing your name and confusing people [coughs/me/coughs] like that.

I couldn’t resist. Felt like I was half in, half out of the party.

Haha. I understand. I was gonna say: "Well, now you're all in", but realized that was a horrible set-up for a That's What She Said joke, so I'll just say: Welcome?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Robin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 430 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 ... LastLast