Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 430 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Of course I am a kindred spirit Satan...in evil.
    Hahaha! Cthulhu! Well THAT just made my day.
    Cthulhu and I are kindred spirits. Someday he may be as evil as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Is there anyway one of the mods/director could change Merlin's name to RedSoxLover for a day or two.....you know...just to fuck with him.
    Wait some months...for a big enough haven donation the fundraising whore might agree to it himself. Hell, he might even post too. LOL
    NEVER!!!!! Not even for a Million dollar donation!!!!! Only George (R.I.P.) himself could convince me otherwise!!!! LOL Even a "Whore" has to have standards!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Beside's, I've already been a victim of baseball fan terrorism, if only briefly!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler JimmyRiddles is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Hello!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    In an opportunity shop, about two years ago. I picked up Wizard and Glass, was somewhat confused but intrigued, so back tracked and I am now hooked!

Who is your favorite character?
    As weird as it sounds I like Aaron Deepneau, he reminds me of someone close to me.
    Although core characters Roland.

What is your favorite book?
    Probably Wizard and Glass, although as you all know they are hard to separate.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Melbourne, Australia

do you have a nickname?
    I was called Cookie as a young boy, but nothing really now.

P.S. I'm excited to be here! Outside of some random baseball talk (mystifying to me) it seems like a lot of fun!

P.P.S. I know nothing about baseball outside of the generalizations of it being boring and incredibly long, as it's not big here in Oz, and I have never had a free 48 hours to watch a game...

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Jimmy! Welcome! I just came here a few days ago myself!

Traveler Bcook128 is on a distinguished road Bcook128's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Introductions

I've known about The Dark Tower for a long time now, and have been a huge fan of Stephen King for years. For some reason I put off starting TDT, perhaps the fact that it's a pretty large investment (allocation of funds as well as allocation of time) had something to do with it. About 2 months ago I bit the bullet, bought an iPad and immediately populated my iBooks library with the entire Dark Tower series, save The Wind Through the Keyhole. I read the entire series back to back...took a while, but I couldn't put it down. I have to say, I sympathize with those who read them as they were published...I could hardly wait to turn a page much less wait YEARS to continue the journey.

Roland for sure. It was a rocky start with him, but by The Wastelands, he was definitely my favorite. I would almost go so far to say that I feel towards Roland what Callahan felt for Lupe...ummm, except there's nothing physical....and I don't really want to kiss Roland...and I wouldn't say I'm in love with him...OKAY so maybe it's NOTHING like Callahan's feelings for Lupe! Roland is just awesome. What other character in ANY story could all but kill a guy with a hawk, take out an entire town single-handed, AND hypnotize people with a bullet?!?

I don't really have a favorite book, but I have favorite parts of the books collectively. Since I read them back to back, I kind of view it all as one really long book.

How old are you?

I am 31.

Where are you from?

I am from South Arkansas...and contrary to popular misconception, it is not like The Borderlands...we have electricity, running water, and even television!!!

Do you have a nickname?

Not really.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Welcome, welcome!

(Hmmm, now I fancy a pint!)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bcook128 View Post
    I kind of view it all as one really long book.
    Yes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Hell, there wasn't even a real internet back in my day. The best we had (and, at it's best, it was very good), was alt.books.stephen-king on USENET -- but even then, many of us had been waiting for installments for a decade or more.
    Ah!!! Sorry I just came across this and HAD to respond: USENET!!!! My god I remember when someone told me what email was. I nearly lost my mind!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME, FOLKS!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Matt19 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! I discovered the dark tower in a charity shop a couple of years ago. By the time I got to the second book I was hooked. Can't really say I have a favourite character, none of them are that likable really, but at a push I guess it would have to be Jake. My favourite book is wizard and glass. I'm 37, from Derby in the UK. And don't have any nick names that people say to my face!

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Matt! Glad to have you here!

Nick

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt19 View Post
    Hi everyone! I discovered the dark tower in a charity shop a couple of years ago. By the time I got to the second book I was hooked. Can't really say I have a favourite character, none of them are that likable really, but at a push I guess it would have to be Jake. My favourite book is wizard and glass. I'm 37, from Derby in the UK. And don't have any nick names that people say to my face!
    Oh, we'll be happy to say your nicknames to your face.

J/K

Welcome to the site, Matt!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler BabyBlue is on a distinguished road BabyBlue's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I found The Gunslinger when I was 13. Been hooked ever since...

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Oy! or Jake.

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Vancouver, WA

do you have a nickname?
    Dani Yella

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the forum Matt and BabyBlue!

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
    I found The Gunslinger when I was 13. Been hooked ever since...

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Oy! or Jake.

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Vancouver, WA

do you have a nickname?
    Dani Yella
    Dani Yella, great to have you here! I love Wizard and Glass too. Hope you get to look around the site and enjoy!

John F. Kennedy DTRAiN235 is on a distinguished road DTRAiN235's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just kicking it with a friend one day and he lent me Bag of Bones. After I read it, I told him how much I loved it. He then lent me the Gunslinger and said, "You are ready for this then." The rest is history

Jake and Oy

What is your favorite Dark Tower book?
    Wolves of Calla

How old are you?
    about to turn 38

Where are you from?
    Sacramento

do you have a nickname?
    D, Dtrain....or just my real name Daryl

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DTRAiN235 View Post
    I was just kicking it with a friend one day and he lent me Bag of Bones. After I read it, I told him how much I loved it. He then lent me the Gunslinger and said, "You are ready for this then." The rest is history

Jake and Oy

What is your favorite Dark Tower book?
    Wolves of Calla

How old are you?
    about to turn 38

Where are you from?
    Sacramento

do you have a nickname?
    D, Dtrain....or just my real name Daryl

WELCOME!!! DTRAIN!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

wow, DTRAiN!!!

:waves paw:

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll add my welcome, here! DTRAIN good to have you!!

John F. Kennedy DTRAiN235 is on a distinguished road DTRAiN235's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

hello back to all!

:waves back:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've met DTRAiN live in person a few years ago. It's a bit hazy now, probably on account of the quantity of beer that was involved. How the hell are you, man?

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS! Please make yourselves comfortable and join in the discussions!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I've met DTRAiN live in person a few years ago. It's a bit hazy now, probably on account of the quantity of beer that was involved. How the hell are you, man?

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS! Please make yourselves comfortable and join in the discussions!
    Watta Director!!!! Am I right, folks?????

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 430 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 ... LastLast