Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 430 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site droland--well met on the path, so we are.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler droland is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Welcome to the site droland--well met on the path, so we are.
    thankee sai.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome college_ewok!

welcome child of ka!

welcome droland!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Redsoxtony13 is on a distinguished road Redsoxtony13's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    When I was in Fifth grade my Englih Teacher read Pet Sematary to the class and I was hooked. I read The Tommyknockers and did not care for it once I got about 1/3 of the way through... but read the entire book. I then read Cujo followed by The Stand which I loved and have read several times throughout my life. While reading The Stand a friend of my parents gave me The Gunslinger.... and my path towards The Dark Tower began. And what a long strange trip its been

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Well when I first began the series I was 11 and Jake was my favorite... and even now as I sit here I can still think of how I wanted to be him and on Rolands great, and terrible, journey. So my answer is still Jake but followed very closely by Roland.

What is your favorite book?
    That is a tough one. My favorite in the Dark Tower Series Is The Wastelands with Wizard and Glass as a close second.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Massachusetts

do you have a nickname?
    Tony Napkins the name is actually much more interesting than the story behind it haha

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Tony N--welcome to the site.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Tony !

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

John F. Kennedy mate211 is on a distinguished road mate211's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read the Talisman and i loved that, so I read the Black House and that have got connection with the Dark tower.I wanted to know what is the tower!
    Who is ur favourite character?
    hmmm i cant choose Flagg and Roland( I love Csi too i mean Oy[in the hun version Oy's name is Csi ])
    The drawing of the three
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Hungary
    do you have a nickname?
    No,i havent got
    P.S: Sorry for my bad english im now learning

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Mate and Tony "The Napkins" Rossolini.

Tony, I hava joba for you! Havea some lasagna and sita down.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

John F. Kennedy mate211 is on a distinguished road mate211's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thx Long days and good nights
    My real name is Máté

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Redsoxtony13!

welcome mate211!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey mate, welcome to the site.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mate211 View Post
    Thx Long days and good nights
    My real name is Máté
    Hi Máté!
    Good to have another Hungarian on the board.
    I think your English is quite good but if you spend a lot of time here it will improve.

Roland would have understood.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Aurelio, droland, Tony, and Máté.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hi. My name is Craig and I'm a little bit obsessed.

I've been over at the official SK message board for a while now, but a conversation with Karen today convinced me to stop by and say hello.

I'm a mid-30s fan with what I consider to be a decent collection of Stephen king works. I've been reading his books since I read Eyes of the Dragon in my early teens.

I've become obsessed recently. To the point were my 8month old son's name is Jacob Roland.

My favorite Stephen King book is The Long Walk, if if counts, and The Green Mile if not. As far as the Dark Tower series is concerned, I enjoyed Wasteland the best.

So Karen, that's for getting me over here, and everyone else, thanks for having me.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Hey Honey! Welcome!!

Knew you were coming here...now go shut off people's internet access to get me information! LOL

Karen
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried reading the Gunslinger when I was a kid and didn't get so far. I tried again about 5 years ago and didn't stop until I opened the door at the top of the tower.

Who is your favorite character?
    Jake. Roland is 2nd. Named my son Jacob Roland. The Jacob part is not for Jake since his real name is John, but the Roland part is for Roland

Wasteland

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    North East Pennsylvania

do you have a nickname?
    I used Gris in MMORPGs from my younger days. It kind of stuck as my web presence name.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Gris, really cool to meet you. Welcome to the site.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Gris, it's great to have you.

I believe if you are truly obsessed with all things Dark Tower--you have arrived among like minded folks.

Enjoy--we love this place.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Craig! It's great to have you here.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Welcome Craig. You are definitely among other Tower Junkies here.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome welcome.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Default New Member Saying Hello

Hi everyone, just joined the site today and am looking forward to getting to know it and you.

Some background info, I've been a Stephen King fan since I was 12, I used to wear this red t-shirt with white lettering that said STEPHEN KING RULES (like the one the kid wore in The Monster Squad, only his letters were yellow). Still have the shirt to this day. Anyway, I'm 33 now and still love the King. My intro to the Dark Tower is kind of weird. About 15 years ago or so I had read through a good half of King's work when I got to the Gunslinger. I read it and really didn't enjoy it too much. A few years later I read the second book in the series, but only last so far into the intro of Eddie Dean. I stopped reading it then and figured one day I'd get back to it.

Years passed and while I still read King, I didn't touch the DT books. It was while reading Hearts in Atlantis that I first began to get interested in the series. The part where Ted says there was another Gunslinger, this made my heart leap, but not enough to start the series yet.

Flash foward to last year or so when the comics started coming out. I picked up the first few issues and read them, realized it was something special, then stopped reading them. I decided before I read the comcis further I would read all 7 books first. I continued, and still do, to buy the comics while I bought all 7 books, plus the two companion books out. Finally I felt ready to read the series and before I did read that in Everything's Eventual there was a short story, a prequel I guess, called Little Sisters of Eluria about Roland.

I read that, loved it, and was finally hooked. I read through book 1 right after, and tomorrow actually should be finishing up book 2 and starting 3 right after. I'm going to do a marathon read of all 7 one after the other.

So, I am finally here and loving it. I planned to join up here after I finished the series, but I didn't want to wait, this site seems great and everyone cool, so here I am!

Looking forward to making friends with you all!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, newbie here, just joined up. Wanted to say hi, I'm The Cosmic Geek, or if you like, Ian.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Ian, welcome to the site. We are very well meet along the path of the beam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 430 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 ... LastLast