Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 430 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Torrance is on a distinguished road Jack Torrance's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Hey everyone , just joined. How did I discovery the Dark Tower? Well i've been into Steven Kings works since I was a kid, through the movies. Recently I started hearing things about something called "The Dark Tower Saga" and how it was King's Opus and that Hollywood is trying to make it into a film. I became even more intrigued by it after seeing several recommendations from youtube user's. I've finished The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three. Right now i'm reading The Waste Lands and I'm really enjoying the saga.
    Hi. Welcome!

I hope you enjoy it here!
    "You've had your whole F***ing life to think things over, what good's a few minutes minutes more gonna do you now?"

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Sly, welcome to the site.

Watch out for spoilers on those last books around. People who have been through them 10 times or more get a little lazy on covering them up.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler CannotCatch22 is on a distinguished road CannotCatch22's Avatar

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    Back in Eighth grade I just got done reading IT (my first King book) and my friend had The Gunslinger and let me borrow it. After that I blew through the rest of the series from my local library and am now on my 3rd re-read of the series at 19 years old (har-har)

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Cuthbert, hands down.

What is your favorite book?
    Tough decision between Wizard and Glass and The Dark Tower. The Gunslinger is up in there too

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Mentor, Ohio

do you have a nickname?
    Used to be Fat Jack but I've lost a lot of weight recently, so I guess not anymore.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's good to have you here with us.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler The Dark Man is on a distinguished road The Dark Man's Avatar

Hello My name is Chris aka The Dark Man. The Dark Tower Rules

Traveler KaMai19 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose this is good a place as any to get started!

As I wrote in my Bio I was born in Middle-earth but came of age in Mid-World. I grew up with my father reading the books. I was 12yrs old when Wizard and Glass came out. At that time my father reread the first three books and idly one day I picked up The Gunslinger and never put the series down.

Who is your favorite character?
    What the heck kind of question is that?! Roland, Jake, Eddie, Susannah and Oy were my closest friends for a long time. I can't chose.

Again, I really can't choose... And in all honesty...and this is hard to admit, I haven't finished the last book. I only have about 60 pages left....it's been five years and I still haven't been able to finish it because I just can't let the story end. It can't really be over, and though it's such an expansive, far reaching story and world that will really never end I just can't bring myself to step into the clearing at the end of Roland's tale...

How old are you?
    25 years this coming August 19th

Where are you from?
    California, residing in Iowa.

Do you have a nickname?
    Lots! My name is Lindsey, so most everyone calls me Linds...which I wasn't particularly comfortable with at first but have embraced it.

At the moment I am rereading the series (yet again) with the intention of actually finishing it this time! I am also currently trying to design my Dark Tower tattoo.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site KaMai19 and The Dark Man, its great to meet you both.

Traveler KaMai19 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the Welcome, Matt! This is an AMAZING community you all have here! I'm very excited to become a part of it

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME you two!

Traveler Mo-linoDeViento is on a distinguished road Mo-linoDeViento's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My friend was re-reading the first book when he recommended it to me, an avid Stephen King fan. I borrowed it and finished it in two days during the dreaded week of Midterms...totally worth the lost study time. If you're asking how I discovered this site, it was Google Images...I was curious to see what other people thought Susannah Dean looked like.

Who is your favorite character? I'm only on the third book right now, and I guess it'd be Eddie. He seems the most human, the most realistic, and I always tend to go for the comic relief character...or the villain.

What is your favorite book? The Eyes of the Dragon, by Stephen King, but out of the series, I'd say the first one. It captivated me and melted my brain.

How old are you? I'll be 19 next week. (Holy crap, when did that happen??)

Where are you from? Kentucky, USA. Yes, home of KFC. Please don't judge me on what you know of Kentucky...only half of it is true.

do you have a nickname?
    Just Mo.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome you all. You have found the right place if you are crazy about the Dark Tower.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler black 13 is on a distinguished road black 13's Avatar

Default blind friend

I dicovered the DT series like this, I use to take care of this blind young man and he had all the frank muller books on tape , we would take long rides and listen to them , i then read all books. we went to nyc , his request to find lot , his family is wealthy and i was paid so i didnt mind , we had interesting experiances to say the least

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Letti! I love the graphic in your signature, by the way.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Traveler Nineteen Letters Long is on a distinguished road Nineteen Letters Long's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not much of a story. I just sort of decided to start reading Stephen King books, and I eventually got around to The Gunslinger, which my local library had a copy of. Thrilling.

How can your favorite character not be Roland? After him, I'd probably have to go with Walter/Flagg. Another obvious choice.

I used to say The Gunslinger, now maybe The Waste Lands, though when people ask, I just say, "The Dark Tower series." Outside of King, I'm rather fond of Harry Potter, to phrase it lightly.

How old are you?
    Nineteen and fifteen months

Where are you from?
    Massachusetts

do you have a nickname?
    *crushes urge to make dumb Walter joke* 19, I suppose.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Nineteen Letters Long, I lllove your screen name. Welcome to the site.

Roland would have understood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Good morning, and hello to all new comers. Welcome to the site!
    It is a pleasure to make your aquaintence, and I hope that you
    will make yourselves comfortable, and allow us to get to know you!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Along the Path of the Beam LovesSweetExile is on a distinguished road

Friend suggested I read it.

Oh god, thats a tough one, sorry Ill have to give two answers, first is Alain Johns, second is OY.

The Gunslinger, out of all, it had the most surrealist, dreamy and haunting atmosphere which to me resembles Rolands world most accurate.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

UK

do you have a nickname?

No

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great screen name LovesSweetExile. Welcome to the site.

Country
    Country Flag

Nineteen Letters Long, love your name/introduction! I'm also "rather fond of Harry Potter, to phrase it lightly." Welcome fellow newbie!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone!

Traveler Nineteen Letters Long is on a distinguished road Nineteen Letters Long's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 430 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 ... LastLast