Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 237 of 430 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 287 337 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler myscmoon is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hi! I'm new o//:

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I dated this boy who constantly bugged me with it- So i finally read it. Hot Damn, If anything good came out of that relationship at all- it was the love of this series <3

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Cuthberrrt <3 And after that, Roland, Then Eddie :3

What is your favorite book?
    Of the Series? o___O;
    Wizard and Glass

How old are you?
    17- I began reading it when i was 15 :3

Where are you from?
    Victorville, California-
    But, now i live in San Dimas :p

do you have a nickname?
    Too many to list, in all honesty.
    I'd like to be called "Skye", though <3

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Skye, great to meet you. Welcome to the path of the beam.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

I've lurked here off and on, but for some reason never got around to posting. My name is James and I publish a magazine called Dark Discoveries devoted to Horror and Dark Fantasy. We've had everybody from Ray Bradbury and Richard Matheson to H.R. Giger and Stephen King's son Joe Hill in the magazine over the 6 years i've been publishing it. We've also had features on King, reviews, bibliographies and so on. Hopefully we'll be having the man himself in an upcoming issue if it works out as planned. He's one of the very few i've yet to land in our pages!

I'm also a longtime King fan and collector and have sold many SK things over the years on ebay, etc. Many of you have bought things from me. My handle there is: jaybeehorror.

- James Beach
    Publisher/Editor-in-chief
    http://www.darkdiscoveries.com

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

Actually, I also sent copies of Dark Discoveries to the very first Palavercon (via Jonathan Reitan) many years ago. (That was tied into your site wasn't it?) I completely forgot about that!!!

So many of you may be familiar with the magazine already. DD is also in a large amount of stores including Barnes & Noble, Borders and Chapters.

- James
    http://www.darkdiscoveries.com

Traveler Holden is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hey

Came across The Gunslinger in the library.

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland. He gets shit done.

I'm actually only at the end of the fourth, Wizard and Glass. I know I'm probably the only person here who hasn't finished them. I'm not totally against running across the occasional spoiler, but I probably will just watch where I go and avoid highlighting spoiler content.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    I'm from North Carolina and have recently been stationed here (Ft. Bragg) in my home state after my last duty station in Germany. I'm in the 18th Fires Brigade - the only Airborne artillery unit in the Army. We like to think we're pretty bad-ass, even if our shoulder sleeve insignia does look like a dildo with wings. http://www.bragg.army.mil/188BSB/ima...ires%20SSI.jpg

do you have a nickname?
    Yeah, most everyone calls me Gonzo. I broke my nose when I was a kid and it turned completely blue for about three weeks. Looked just like that muppet. Just stuck for some reason. Kids are cruel, eh? I doubt most people even remember how it started now though.

Hope to discuss some of the stuff I come across in the books. I think it'll be pretty cool to talk to some people who have already had time to think about and digest some of the stuff I'm just getting to. Don't have mountains of free time, but I hope to come around every couple of days at least.
    Last edited by Holden; 07-03-2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: error

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Holden and darkdiscoveries!

Hope you enjoy the site!

and Holden - no you're not the only person to be on the site that hasn't finished the books - when i joined the site I had just finished Wizard & Glass (or maybe it was the 5th one). I am finished them all now though. But yes, tread carefully with spoilers!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler killboi is on a distinguished road killboi's Avatar

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Everyone, I am New To Dark Tower Series & this site. And i look forward to enjoying my stay here.

When one of my friends suggested me 'The Stand' i was hooked to it and liked it very much. I think I saw Stephen King mentioning dark tower somewhere in the introduction and i wanted to check it right away since it is a pretty long series. I just love fat novels.

Eddie Dean. He just is everything I love about. Roland Comes close second.

Well, I haven't read all of them yet. I am reading Wolves of the Calla currently and although i don't know anything about the ending, I'm scared to reach it after reading so many negative comments about the series. I am gonna finish this anyway since i loved the earlier books. And 'The Wizard and Glass' is my fav among the first four. First book is also amazing.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

New Delhi, India. I don't have many friends here who read Stephen King. But, i'm happy that i didn't miss him.

do you have a nickname?

Killboi

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't let anybody's opinion influence yours (not even mine, although we bears think the saga is great all the way, and ends in a perfect way, too!)

Traveler Claudine D`schaine is on a distinguished road Claudine D`schaine's Avatar

Default I love Roland!

I discovered it, searching a new Sk`s book.. and I read on Wiky about DT so I decided to read it.

I LOVE ROLAND...! but also Jack makes my heart beats!!

I really enjoy de Wizzard, but I cry with the DT 7

I am from Arequipa Peru,

I`m 35 years

My nick is Bibi

Country
    Country Flag

Accalia

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I discovered it back in 1996. I started it with The Wastelands. I didnt know at the time that it was a series. It wasnt long after that I read the first two...

Who is your favorite character? This is a hard choice. They each have parts that I love about them.

What is your favorite book? The last :smiles:

How old are you? 30 years of age.

Where are you from? I travel too much. At this time I reside in Utah. This time next year? Your guess is as good as mine

do you have a nickname? I have many nicknames. Accalia, Reba, Ravenous, Blackblade,

If there are any other questions to be answered, I would love to answer them

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Accalia! Welcome to the site. It is great to meet you.

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler slacoss328 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Introduce Myself!

Hey there everyone! I came across this website a couple of evenings ago. Over the past few months, I began, and have read through the entire DT series. About ten minutes ago, I just finished reading the final few chapters. WHAT AN AMAZING STORY! Anyway, my name is Scott, and I am glad to find a website with others that love these books!

A friend of mine, suggested that I read it when I told him I had been looking for a good series to read. My wife has been caught up in several Vampire Series and I guess I got jealous, and wanted the experience of an Epic Story!

For me, it has got to be Oy all the way!

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Westminster, Maryland...Many other places!

do you have a nickname?

Scottie, which is standard for a Scott

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by slacoss328 View Post

My wife has been caught up in several Vampire Series and I guess I got jealous, and wanted the experience of an Epic Story!

Is this a roundabout way of telling us that you were inspired to read The Dark Tower by Twilight?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by slacoss328 View Post

My wife has been caught up in several Vampire Series and I guess I got jealous, and wanted the experience of an Epic Story!

Is this a roundabout way of telling us that you were inspired to read The Dark Tower by Twilight?
    It could be the ONLY good thing that Twilight has inspired...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed!

If you rescue me

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Sill is on a distinguished road

I was at a 3 books for $10 booth, and being a Stephen King fan, picked 2 random books, one being The Drawing of the Three. I had,very surprisingly, never heard of the DT series but was hooked almost instantly on that book. I realized I was missing some important part of the story, but was thrilled to find out there was another 6 books. My life after that was almost consumed by my own quest to complete the Dark Tower series. Only problem is...the quest never really ends does it? So now I am back to the ever enticing opening line, The man in black fled accross the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Roland and Oy tie for first. but everyone is great

Hmm... If I HAD to pick one The Dark Tower 7

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Canada

do you have a nickname?
    IRL..Mama seems to be popular Online Sill

Traveler Zelter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I read the fourth book (Wizard and Glass) randomly after buying it from a book shop, I've been an adict ever since .

Oy or Cuthbert

The final book, no other book has ever made me shed a tear

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Ireland
    do you have a nickname?
    Naw

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Sill and Zelter, welcome to the site. It is great to have new friends join us along the path of the beam.

Traveler murkhezan is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

- I knew about these magnificent books before, and also my brother and friends read it before, so i decided to join the ka-tet

- Hmm hard to answer, but i guess Oy though i very much love Eddie and Jake too, Roland too, well all but Oy is number one i guess.

- The Dark Tower (7)

How old are you?

Where are you from?

- Turkey

do you have a nickname?

- Dodo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 237 of 430 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 287 337 ... LastLast