Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 430 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,125 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v Alst View Post
    Hi everyone!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I discovered the Dark Tower after reading a couple of his books (starting with The Green Mile) and bought the whole series before reading a word about it.

Who is your favorite character?
    This to be John Coffey from The Green Mile.

What is your favorite book?
    The Green Mile

How old are you?
    I'm 21 years old.

Where are you from?
    The Netherlands

Do you have a nickname?
    Just Robin is fine

how did you find this site?
    Browsing through Stephen King forums

I'm actually looking for people who can help me with my schoolproject. I know I'm just new to this site but I just want to be honest about this.
    For my schoolproject I am going to redesign The Green Mile. For this I want some people responding (and choosing) some designs and choices that I made/have to make.
    It would be really awesome if some of you guys are willing to help me
    If I'm going too soon please let me know as well. I just want help en be respectful toward this forum and the people in it.
    Welcome! Most are here to help. What is "redesigning The Green Mile"?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to help with your redesign project.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Robin. Enjoy
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Robin!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone!

I discovered the Dark Tower after reading a couple of his books (starting with The Green Mile) and bought the whole series before reading a word about it.

The Green Mile

How old are you?
    I'm 21 years old.

Where are you from?
    The Netherlands

Do you have a nickname?
    Just Robin is fine

I'm actually looking for people who can help me with my schoolproject. I know I'm just new to this site but I just want to be honest about this.
    For my schoolproject I am going to redesign The Green Mile. For this I want some people responding (and choosing) some designs and choices that I made/have to make.
    If I'm going too soon please let me know as well. I just want help en be respectful toward this forum and the people in it.

Welcome!!!

As to your redesign; I recommend the color green.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone!

The Green Mile

How old are you?
    I'm 21 years old.

Where are you from?
    The Netherlands

Do you have a nickname?
    Just Robin is fine

Welkom Robin! Let the Dutch revolution begin!
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Traveler Robin v Alst will become famous soon enough Robin v Alst will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Hi everyone!

The Green Mile

How old are you?
    I'm 21 years old.

Where are you from?
    The Netherlands

Do you have a nickname?
    Just Robin is fine

With redesigning the Green Mile I mean that I'm going to make a new experience out of the book: I'm going to make a new illustration for the cover, I will be thinking about book size, paper thickness, font, the type of binding, etc.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Hi everyone!

The Green Mile

How old are you?
    I'm 21 years old.

Where are you from?
    The Netherlands

Do you have a nickname?
    Just Robin is fine

With redesigning the Green Mile I mean that I'm going to make a new experience out of the book: I'm going to make a new illustration for the cover, I will be thinking about book size, paper thickness, font, the type of binding, etc.
    That sounds really cool. Are you thinking a single volume design or multiple like the original release and limited editions?

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Traveler Robin v Alst will become famous soon enough Robin v Alst will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Nah I'm only doing a single release. It is for a schoolproject in 10 weeks time with only 3 weeks left so haha. Maybe if my grade is really high than I'll make a collection of it. Maybe other books from King as well. But I'm currently working on my 3 designs I want you guys to give feedback on. I will probably upload 'em tomorrow somewhere. I will just make a new post here since I am still a newbie Thanks in advance for every single one of you who is willing to help me and give me their feedback.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Redesign Project (Round 1)

Hi guys,

So here they are! My 3 sketches for my school project about The Green Mile.
    For now it is all about the message they tell and placement of elements, you don't have to think about colors and such (although you may give suggestions for it).

I would like you guys to comment the number and your reasoning for picking that one.
    (So for example: "1, because it....").

If you have any other suggestions about any of the designs please let me know as well.
    (Please do this the same way: "1, maybe try....").

Thank you all in advance, you're helping me out so much.

Once I've chosen one of the designs I will do another post where I will specify things such as paper thickness, book size, font, etc. And I would like you guys to give feedback on that as well.

So here are my three designs, each have a number in the top right corner:
    1: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/276338127122752217/
    2: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/276338127122752218
    3: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/276338127122752219/

(Hope you guys don't mind it are Pinterest links, couldn't figure out how to get the image in here )

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like #2 the best. I'm a little confused why you are putting what appears to be a fake UPC on the back cover.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1st of all Welcome Robin and 2ndly if he's right the 2nd one is the best one i think too. the other are good and damn i wish i could draw like you do but mine are just stick figures. anyways the 2nd one reminds me of the Beverly Clearly books i loved growing up books such as Runaway Ralph for example. and that series and i know that's not what the cover is for but that's what it made me think of so i think the 2nd one is one you should use, i hope you put some color into it too

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

#1. I like the use of the quote.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the second one as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

The UPC is just for placement, eventually I will put a real one in.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The UPC is just for placement, eventually I will put a real one in.
    Here is the UPC for the Scribner Hardback:

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that's one of the better covers actually. they've done covers in the past so bad that i'm shocked they thought they were even printed at all. not all of them have been awful though such as this one for example.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys,

So here they are! My 3 sketches for my school project about The Green Mile.
    For now it is all about the message they tell and placement of elements, you don't have to think about colors and such (although you may give suggestions for it).

I would like you guys to comment the number and your reasoning for picking that one.
    (So for example: "1, because it....").

If you have any other suggestions about any of the designs please let me know as well.
    (Please do this the same way: "1, maybe try....").

Thank you all in advance, you're helping me out so much.

Once I've chosen one of the designs I will do another post where I will specify things such as paper thickness, book size, font, etc. And I would like you guys to give feedback on that as well.

So here are my three designs, each have a number in the top right corner:
    1: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/276338127122752217/
    2: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/276338127122752218
    3: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/276338127122752219/

(Hope you guys don't mind it are Pinterest links, couldn't figure out how to get the image in here )
    First of all, I like the idea to have the whole dustjacket be a single picture. I'm not sure how familiar you are with collectible books or small press books, but that's a common design choice for limited edition books and one I really like.

So far, I think #1 is my favorite because it takes the most advantage of using the entire dustjacket and fills up most of the space. It's also a great image from the movie and I haven't seen as much done with this image as I have with the mouse and the electric chair. You could use a solid background and make the bugs lots of different colors - it might not be quite true to the book (I don't remember if their color was described, I know they were black in the movie adaptation) but would be very striking. Or you could do the opposite and make the bugs all black and have colorful background. Lots of options!

#2 is my second favorite - I think we all like the mouse and thimble, but it doesn't take good advantage of using one large picture for the whole dustjacket.

I think #3 is a clever idea, I just don't like the pictures as much. Having the back figure in shadow is cool but I think the front figure is lacking. Not sure if it needs to me more abstract or more detailed, though! Again you could go a number of different ways.

Best of luck and looking forward to seeing your final submission.

Traveler Pennywise_theclown will become famous soon enough Pennywise_theclown will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

Been a king fan since I discovered reading as a child.

Richie Tozier

It

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Melbourne Australia

do you have a nickname?

no

suggested by another member

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise_theclown View Post
    Hi everyone

Been a king fan since I discovered reading as a child.

Richie Tozier

It

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Melbourne Australia

do you have a nickname?

no

suggested by another member
    Welcome, Sir. Pretty new myself. You are In good hands

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Traveler Pennywise_theclown will become famous soon enough Pennywise_theclown will become famous soon enough

Thanks mate! Trying to build my collection and meet new people at the same time

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise_theclown View Post
    Thanks mate! Trying to build my collection and meet new people at the same time
    Always wanted to be called Mate by a person from Australia! Badass! Ha!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

well there ya go!! haha

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, PTC!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 430 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 ... LastLast