Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 430 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 386 387 388 389 390 398 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,700 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by matt_1308 View Post
    What is your favorite book? in the DT series Drawing of the three.
    We're going to get along famously
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler matt_1308 will become famous soon enough matt_1308 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Br!an am feeling the love so far

Traveler matt_1308 will become famous soon enough matt_1308 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

@ Brian861 was a great series but Drawing of the Three is a big stand out for me... don't even get me started

@ Girlystevedave Well, they're not so secret now, are they? .... There is a Public secret handshake and then a secret secret handshake but I can't talk about that one until I have clocked up 5000 posts here

@ anyone who is listening .......... Is Brian a popular name here...... asking for a friend.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah a few Brians here. You can search the members list here.

WELCOME!!

Oh wait... you are an Aussie...

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler JoeP is on a distinguished road JoeP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Read every King book except the Dark Tower series. Read one 30 years ago, stared a second but I did not like it. Trying again. Reading the Gunslinger. I believe I read one of the others and not the Gunslinger so when I started the second it made no sense and tossed it aside. Wanted to avoid thinking King was losing his stuff.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! Enjoy your DT voyage.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matt_1308 View Post

@ Girlystevedave Well, they're not so secret now, are they? .... There is a Public secret handshake and then a secret secret handshake but I can't talk about that one until I have clocked up 5000 posts here
    Haha. And then I'm guessing there's a secret secret secret handshake that doesn't even "exist", huh?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Read every King book except the Dark Tower series. Read one 30 years ago, stared a second but I did not like it. Trying again. Reading the Gunslinger. I believe I read one of the others and not the Gunslinger so when I started the second it made no sense and tossed it aside. Wanted to avoid thinking King was losing his stuff.
    Welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Joe!!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Welcome to the site!
    I'm so jealous that you're reading for the first time around. You've found a great place to discuss everything as you go, but beware of spoilers.
    Forgot to quote you in my reply! Thanks for the welcome and the tip about spoilers. Have you read all of his books already?
    Yes to all of the Dark Tower books, but no to all of King's other books. I've read almost everything, but still have a few on my to-read list.
    What about you? Is The Dark Tower your first King read?
    Admittedly, I've only just started reading for pleasure about six or seven months ago. I saw the DT movie trailer and had been wanting to get into reading for a while at that time so I thought why not start with that. I read Gunslinger and was hooked. Honestly, the ending blew my mind. I powered through until I finished Wizard and Glass and realized I'm missing out on all the connections from his other novels and stories. I decided then I'd read his work in chronological order and ordered a copy of Carrie. I'm now about a quarter of the way through The Stand and still kicking myself for not picking up this hobby much earlier in my life. Yet, the bright side, as you said, is I have SO much left of this amazing author's work to read!
    Man, how exciting that you have his entire catalog to explore. You are in for so many great adventures.
    So, as far as Dark Tower goes, have you paused at Wizard and Glass for now so you can read his other works?
    Sorry for taking so long to reply. It’s been so long since I’ve used a forum that I’ve forgotten how to keep up. Add that to the ever growing list of how Facebook has ruined my life!

I’m very excited about the adventures ahead. The beautiful thing is that with the internet being the wealth of info it is nowadays, I can find an answer to almost any question about any book I may have. Also, there’s always a picture I can find that’ll help me visualize something if needed. It’s great!

Yep, I finished Wizard & Glass a few months ago and then read Carrie. I’ve been reading a couple books by other authors in between each SK book and I’m just about to finish the mind blowingly amazing piece of literary fiction that is The Stand. So, still got a ways to go before I resume DT, but I’m not complaining. Just wish I was a little bit quicker of a reader, but there’s a bright side to that being I’ll never get to a point in my life where I don’t have something great to read.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome one and all... take a look around, relax and enjoy..

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Welcome one and all... take a look around, relax and enjoy..
    Thanks Sai Sheb. Starting to get the hang of it finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All good things....

Traveler drthene19 will become famous soon enough drthene19 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone,
    I haven't been to the forum since the .net days but was looking into the community after a lively discussion about The Tower at work.
    I discovered The Dark Tower in middle school by pure accident (Ka?) and falling into the world saved me from a lot of sad and lonely teenage nights
    Favorite Character: Eddie. He had a gun fight naked. Enough said.
    Favorite Book: Wolves of Calls
    Age 34.
    Excited to be here.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by drthene19 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I haven't been to the forum since the .net days but was looking into the community after a lively discussion about The Tower at work.
    I discovered The Dark Tower in middle school by pure accident (Ka?) and falling into the world saved me from a lot of sad and lonely teenage nights
    Age 34.
    Excited to be here.
    he said "naked"...

Traveler BadWolfGirl will become famous soon enough BadWolfGirl will become famous soon enough

Long days and pleasant nights!

I've recently re-read the Dark Tower series; I read the first three books in the 90s and then the rest as they were released. I've decided to create a Dark Tower adventure campaign for our RPG group and will be scouring the board for obscure bits of lore I can incorporate!

Favorite character(s): Jake and Oy
    Favorite DT book: The Wastelands, although Wolves of the Calla is a very close second
    Age: "Old enough to vote and not old enough for Social Security"

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Hello everyone,
    Age 34.
    Excited to be here.
    Welcome to the site. The tower always draws you back in.

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolfGirl View Post

I've recently re-read the Dark Tower series; I read the first three books in the 90s and then the rest as they were released. I've decided to create a Dark Tower adventure campaign for our RPG group and will be scouring the board for obscure bits of lore I can incorporate!

Favorite DT book: The Wastelands, although Wolves of the Calla is a very close second
    Welcome!
    And can you explain what you mean by "Dark Tower adventure campaign"?

My Mood
    Chatty

Hello everyone,
    Age 34.
    Excited to be here.
    I think I introduced myself to you in another thread but if not, welcome to this awesome community!

My Mood
    Chatty

Welcome! I’m also interested in this adventure campaign you mentioned. What’s an RPG group? I know that acronym in the video game world but not in this context.

Traveler BadWolfGirl will become famous soon enough BadWolfGirl will become famous soon enough

Welcome! I’m also interested in this adventure campaign you mentioned. What’s an RPG group? I know that acronym in the video game world but not in this context.
    RPG = Role Playing Game. The tabletop kind. Old school, like D&D, except that tabletop RPGs have experienced a resurgence in the last few years. There are licensed tabletop RPGs for Sci Fi everything from Star Wars to Firefly to Doctor Who, and also lots of newly-released custom RPG settings - not licensed, just based on the universes the creators dreamt up. For example, Deadlands is a post-apocalyptic Western horror setting similar in ways to the Dark Tower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

Adventure/campaign typically refers to the books that accompany the RPG rules that allow DM's to "run" the group of generated characters through a story. Of course, no one's done an RPG system for Dark Tower, so I'd need to use an existing set of rules that's adaptable to different settings, then write my own story for the PCs to adventure in

Deadlands would be obvious, but I'm not a fan of all the game mechanics. One rule set I'm thinking of adapting is called "The Strange" http://thestrangerpg.com/ Another is Cypher: http://cypher-system.com/what-is-the-cypher-system/

Clear as mud yet?

Country
    Country Flag

So do we get to wear rubber masks while playing?
    Only joking! (Or am I) welcome aboard the good ship lollipop Badwolfgirl...

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone,
    Age 34.
    Excited to be here.
    Welcome! What screen name did you go by at TDT.Net?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

RPG = Role Playing Game. The tabletop kind. Old school, like D&D, except that tabletop RPGs have experienced a resurgence in the last few years. There are licensed tabletop RPGs for Sci Fi everything from Star Wars to Firefly to Doctor Who, and also lots of newly-released custom RPG settings - not licensed, just based on the universes the creators dreamt up. For example, Deadlands is a post-apocalyptic Western horror setting similar in ways to the Dark Tower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

Adventure/campaign typically refers to the books that accompany the RPG rules that allow DM's to "run" the group of generated characters through a story. Of course, no one's done an RPG system for Dark Tower, so I'd need to use an existing set of rules that's adaptable to different settings, then write my own story for the PCs to adventure in

Deadlands would be obvious, but I'm not a fan of all the game mechanics. One rule set I'm thinking of adapting is called "The Strange" http://thestrangerpg.com/ Another is Cypher: http://cypher-system.com/what-is-the-cypher-system/

Clear as mud yet?
    So you don't deal in Rocket Propelled Grenades?

Welcome anyway!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi! I'm sorta like a new member. It's certainly been awhile at least.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 430 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 386 387 388 389 390 398 ... LastLast