Hybrid View

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Introduce yourself

Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

answer any or all and add your own questions.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Who is your favorite character?

What is your favorite book?

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

how did you find this site?

Last edited by fernandito; 04-15-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always been a Stephen King fan but didn't want to start the series until I knew he was at least thinking about writing the last few books.

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland! Hands down i love that guy. Don't get me wrong eddie, susannah, and jake are super great, but i loves me some roland.

What is your favorite book? I used to say the gunslinger the gunslinger the gunslinger but now i just may say the wastelands

How old are you? 31

Where are you from? sacto, ca

do you have a nickname? many.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great idea Sarah! (sorry, I ain't used to calling you maerlyn)

When The Gunslinger first came out I could never find a copy. Then when TDotT came out I read it and was finally able to go back and read the Gunslinger. I've been hooked ever since.

Who is your favorite charcter?

I absolutely can't pick one. I love them all almost as if they were real people.

The Gunslinger followed closely by Wizard And Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?

I'm originally from Boston, Mass. I spent about half my life in Virginia, hitchhiked all over the country and have been in NC for about 13 or 14 years.

do you have a nickname?

IRL: no online: many

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a wonderful idea

My older brother bought the first issue when it hit the books stores for his wife, she was not really into the story and I asked if I could borrow it for a bit. I loved it and have been a huge fan ever since. Gotta be over 20 years now.

Jake has always been my favorite, he reminds me of my son. Hard as nails, no bullshit

Spoiler:
    I cried when he died

It used to be Drawing of the Three, now that the series is over, its Wizard and Glass

How old are you?
    Just turned 38

Where are you from?
    I was born in Kansas, moved immediatly to Texas. In 1977, we moved to Colorado so I consider myself a native.

do you have a nickname?
    Just Matty and that one is new with the net.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

My dad is a huge SK fan. He told me I should read the DT series. The summer of 2004 loomed empty, with me single and having nothing to do. I picked up the Gunslinger at the library as my summer reading project. Obviously I was hooked.

I'm partial to Roland, but I also have a soft spot in my heart for Detta. She's so sassy!

Probably The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Denver, Colorado. And I live here still.

do you have a nickname?
    online the only one I'm known by is Handfuls. Sadly, my real life nicknames are to embarrasing to reveal.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello I am pixiedark76.

I was always a Stephen King fan. I had read the books Christine, Pet Semetery, and Dream Catcher. I had not been interested in the DT series until the announcement that SK was going to finish the series. I decided to see what the fuss was about so I read volumes 1-4. I was hooked and then I finished the series.

I happen to like Detta Walker. (The bad side of Odetta/ Susannah) She is mean as a snake and tough as nails. She is also very smart, but she acts like she is stupid to trick people.

In the DT series Drawing of the Three. Overall SK my favorite is The Dead Zone.

How old am I? none of your business!!!

Where are you from? Pittsburgh PA (Goo Steelers!)

Do you have a nickname? yes it is pixie

Traveler shammy62 is on a distinguished road

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was a King fan and read Pet Semetery. On the page listing King's work, I saw a mention of The Gunslinger. Being unfamiliar with the title I sought it out. I found a slightly worn true 1st edition sans dustjacket and paid the princely (at that time) sum of $20 for the book. It actually was a strange read for me the first time, but when I read DTII, I was hooked.

Roland is the easy choice but perhaps I'll add Cort

DTII for the series. The Stand for all of King's works.

How old are you?
    46-ouch!

Where are you from?
    I reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.

do you have a nickname?
    My wife would say "asshole"8)

There are those who have met him
    And those who haven't
    Hidden under a woman's name
    You'll find the lucky few
    Mingling with the envious

This station is the fourth, and surely is the best
    To find the fifth bool, seek the writer of Roland's quest

Along the Path of the Beam zadok is on a distinguished road zadok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been a King fan since I read Pet Sematary in grade school - 1987 perhaps? Wanted to wait until he finished the DT series to start so I could read them all back to back.

Tie between Jake and Walter.

I count them all as 1.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Wilmington, DE

do you have a nickname?

Zadok
    There are other worlds than these...

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Allie and Zadok, welcome. Long days and pleasant nights.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zadok View Post

Been a King fan since I read Pet Sematary in grade school - 1987 perhaps? Wanted to wait until he finished the DT series to start so I could read them all back to back.

Tie between Jake and Walter.

I count them all as 1.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Wilmington, DE

do you have a nickname?

Zadok
    We are well met along the path of the beam. Long days and pleasant posts.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

We are going to have to watch it or the Aussies will start to outnumber us. And then where would we be, huh?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    We are going to have to watch it or the Aussies will start to outnumber us. And then where would we be, huh?
    IN.FOSTER'S.HELL.

I say we throw stingrays all over the place, that ought to keep them off our backs (and other areas).

John F. Kennedy O Hyperborean Wanderer is on a distinguished road O Hyperborean Wanderer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    It was the spring of 1989 (19 years ago!) when I read Cujo and first entered the mad, fantastic world of Stephen King. I read the first two (and only, up to that point) Dark Tower books that same summer along with a great deal of King's other books, as well. I've been a Constant-Tower-Reader-Junkie ever since.

Who is your favorite charcter? Heroes or Villains? For heroes, it's Eddie Dean. But Jake gets a VERY close second. Walter is far and away the best villain. Who else but Walter could flee across the desert in the beginning of the first book and the cycle entire, end up as the final major death in the first book, be the first major death in the final book and still manage to flee across the desert at the end of the same book and the cycle itself? Pure Walter.

What is your favorite book? The Waste Lands. For so many reasons, both within the novel and my own experiences while reading the book. From the first time, in December 1991, when I was struck by a mini-van on my walk home from school with the then brand-new book in my knapsack, right up to my using it as a guide book this last spring in New York. May 31st, the day Jake found the Rose, is the day I first visited 2 Hammarskjold Plaza.

How old are you? "Old enough to vote and not old enough for Social Security."

Where are you from? The eighth level of King's Tower. Seriously. I can watch my own body dehydrate with clinical, detached attention, watering it's crevices and dark inner hollows only when my logic tells me it must be done.

do you have a nickname? My handle's a long one, say true, but "O Hyper-One" has a nice ring to it, do ya?

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

Hello my wery pert adventurers!

So many great characters, but Eddie and Gasher are my favorites.

My favorite book is The Wastelands. The stretch of the tale from the Send crossing to Blaine's doom is probably the most interesting stuff I have ever read. Although I was rightly peeved at the ending with no continuation in sight.

The South Florida Swamplands, but currently reside in Plano, TX.

Satchel

I got into the DT series when my friend Justin loaned me the first three books in 94.
    Last edited by The Gasherman; 05-05-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Changed wert to wery ;)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasherman View Post
    Hello my wery pert adventurers!

So many great characters, but Eddie and Gasher are my favorites.

My favorite book is The Wastelands. The stretch of the tale from the Send crossing to Blaine's doom is probably the most interesting stuff I have ever read. Although I was rightly peeved at the ending with no continuation in sight.

The South Florida Swamplands, but currently reside in Plano, TX.

Satchel

I got into the DT series when my friend Justin loaned me the first three books in 94.
    Well met and Welcome Gasherman!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler GaOutlaw is on a distinguished road

My name is Paul.

My first Stephen King book was Bag Of Bones because it was supose to be "different then anything else he had writen". I waited to read The Dark Tower till I was about halfway through his books. It just happend to be at the same time he was releasing the last three books.

Oy
    Wizard & Glass
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Chattanooga, Tn.
    do you have a nickname?
    Quite a few, but I don't think I could say most.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GaOutlaw View Post
    My name is Paul.

My first Stephen King book was Bag Of Bones because it was supose to be "different then anything else he had writen". I waited to read The Dark Tower till I was about halfway through his books. It just happend to be at the same time he was releasing the last three books.

Oy
    Wizard & Glass
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Chattanooga, Tn.
    do you have a nickname?
    Quite a few, but I don't think I could say most.
    Welcome to the site!!! Post often and be respectful. You'll have a blast!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler The Dark Man is on a distinguished road The Dark Man's Avatar

hello my name is Randel Flagg. Just Kidding my name Is Christopher Brooks Donovan.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Well I had a friend whom told me about the series. picked it up and didnt put it down. THANK ELI!!!

Who is your favorite charcter? I'd have to say Roland, but the one who really made it "to my favorite character was Oy.

What is your favorite book? Dark Tower 7 hands down

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Long Island, N.Y.

do you have a nickname? Dark Mage Flagg

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Man View Post
    hello my name is Randel Flagg. Just Kidding my name Is Christopher Brooks Donovan.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Well I had a friend whom told me about the series. picked it up and didnt put it down. THANK ELI!!!

Who is your favorite charcter? I'd have to say Roland, but the one who really made it "to my favorite character was Oy.

What is your favorite book? Dark Tower 7 hands down

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Long Island, N.Y.

do you have a nickname? Dark Mage Flagg

Welcome to the site!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Lets see, I read my first King book in like 5th grade...I think I picked up The Gunslinger in Jr high. After that I was hooked.

Roland. Hands down.

Wastelands has always been my favorite story

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Pittsburgh

do you have a nickname?
    Not really. Used to be over at TDT.net as HarleyQuinn19 tho.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

i walked into a book store in the seventh grade
    and had to get the new Gunslinger Audio Book
    the art and the display were so enticing!
    could there be anyone but Roland?

Wastelands (especially the Audio edition read by SK)
    How old are you?

Where are you from?
    St. Catharines Ontario, but live in Texas now

do you have a nickname?
    noodle

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Noodle?!?!

I didn't know that

its cute
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

well, it's one of many... mattymcmatt matt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 426 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast