Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 395 of 430 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rose_Mad-Hatter View Post
    It was the book that started it all for me. Gifted to me from my Gran when I was 13 and I have been hooked ever since.
    Your Gran's obviously awesome! Rose Madder was my second after Pet Sematary and it sealed the deal. I love that book so much, I only read it once when I was 15 or so yet I still vividly recall so much of it.

Traveler Rose_Mad-Hatter will become famous soon enough Rose_Mad-Hatter will become famous soon enough Rose_Mad-Hatter's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It was the book that started it all for me. Gifted to me from my Gran when I was 13 and I have been hooked ever since.
    Your Gran's obviously awesome! Rose Madder was my second after Pet Sematary and it sealed the deal. I love that book so much, I only read it once when I was 15 or so yet I still vividly recall so much of it.
    She was kick-ass and from the age of 7 was the person who encouraged and nurtured my love of reading. She would see when I was getting bored and give me something that she knew would challenge me and make me think. Hemingway at 9, Watership Down a year or so later and then once she started the King obsession we had an unbreakable bond. I have 53 cousins but I was the only grandchild she would ever let stay at her house and we would stay up all night watching horror classics like the Blob and Hitchcock.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That sounds wonderful. You'll feel right at home here, I think. It's not just King or books or collecting, we talk about all sorts of stuff. Check out The Oracle for breaking King news and Starkblast for all random off-topic stuff. Then there's The Gem for movies... Just so much stuff

Traveler Mushabon is on a distinguished road Mushabon's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome welcome hello and hiya Rose!
    VII

"She’s whiskey in a teacup She’s a diamond that wants to stay coal..."
    -Tom Waits

=Check Out My=
    Art // Webcomic // Shop

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Rose!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    She was kick-ass and from the age of 7 was the person who encouraged and nurtured my love of reading. She would see when I was getting bored and give me something that she knew would challenge me and make me think. Hemingway at 9, Watership Down a year or so later and then once she started the King obsession we had an unbreakable bond. I have 53 cousins but I was the only grandchild she would ever let stay at her house and we would stay up all night watching horror classics like the Blob and Hitchcock.
    Your grandmother sounds...amazing. Man, nurturing a child's love for reading is the gift that just keeps on giving.
    Also, welcome to the site. You've found a great place to discuss all things King.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome rose.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME ROSE!!!

Damn.. Now how shall I tell her from Lost Roseand Bed of Roses.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Rose.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    WELCOME ROSE!!!

Ones on mushrooms, one can't be found and the other is asleep... obviously

Traveler Rose_Mad-Hatter will become famous soon enough Rose_Mad-Hatter will become famous soon enough Rose_Mad-Hatter's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    WELCOME ROSE!!!

I was going to say you can just think of me as mad but, the one on mushrooms sounds more fun. Lol.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rcharb2001 View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Started reading King in high school with the Dark Half. Loved it and just went down the list of books.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland, hands down.

What is your favorite book?

The Wizards and Glass for the series. a few of his others are at the top all together.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Vermont

do you have a nickname?

a couple.

how did you find this site?

random search.
    Welcome back!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rcharb2001 View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Started reading King in high school with the Dark Half. Loved it and just went down the list of books.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland, hands down.

What is your favorite book?

The Wizards and Glass for the series. a few of his others are at the top all together.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Vermont

do you have a nickname?

a couple.

how did you find this site?

random search.
    Welcome back!
    Welcome! You know I always say Eddie Dean is my favorite character but when I think about it I wonder how any of them can be better than Roland. Perhaps I’ve just taken him for granted. It’s as if he is The Dark Tower series itself and not just a character.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Traveler rcharb2001 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Eddie, Jake and Susanna have great character growth, but, i feel when all is said and done, Roland grows the most as a character. Especially with the comics having fleshed him out even more.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    WELCOME ROSE!!!

Coincidentally I am on mushrooms at the moment. But alas; I have no hat.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Captkirky will become famous soon enough Captkirky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone! <3

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome aboard, Capt.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Welcome aboard, Capt.
    Thanks Br!an! Sadly I havent read Dark Tower yet but I love me some King and Horror in general. That discussion on Nocturnal Readers Box brought me to finally sign up.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Welcome Captain. At least something good came out of the nrb thing then!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Hey Father Cody and thanks! Yea, that whole situation is a complete mess. I luckily cancelled my sub right before all this shit went down but paid attention to the downfall through the newsletters and Facebook postings. Im assuming you guys saw the latest email? They "accidentally" had some charges made...

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Captkirky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Hey Father Cody and thanks! Yea, that whole situation is a complete mess. I luckily cancelled my sub right before all this shit went down but paid attention to the downfall through the newsletters and Facebook postings. Im assuming you guys saw the latest email? They "accidentally" had some charges made...
    I didn’t see the latest email but I heard about someone who canceled a year ago that just got charged the other day. What a shit show.

-Adam

Country
    Country Flag

I immediately checked my account to make sure I didnt have anything suspect, but Im good. Totally bullshit. I can post the newsletter in the forum when I have get access

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone! <3
    Welcome, Capt!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome capt.

Country
    Country Flag

I immediately checked my account to make sure I didnt have anything suspect, but Im good. Totally bullshit. I can post the newsletter in the forum when I have get access
    Thanks, I just posted it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 395 of 430 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 ... LastLast