2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser
+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 377 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 9412

Thread: Introduce yourself

CAUTION! : IRRITANT! Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME XTown and Higal.

Stick around. But take notes. There is a quiz in the clearing at the end of the path.
    “Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

David Hume, A Treatise of Human Nature

Chief Haven Foundation Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

South of Dick & RF, West of Terry. Long way from, Tim!
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    Welcome to you all
    Newcomer welcoming folks. I LOVE it!!!!!

Now, donate $10 to the Haven Fund and get yourself an entry into the "Grand Prize Giveaway"!!! You can't win it, if you ain't in it!!!!

Spoiler:
    Hey, it's my JOB, man!!! LOL

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead has a spectacular aura about blunthead has a spectacular aura about blunthead has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Olson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Hi, new to the forum, fairly new to collecting the works of Mr King, and looking forward to sharing my inane ramblings with you all
    Welcome!
    blunt ya fanny! how the devil
    What.

Gunslinger Apprentice andyg75 will become famous soon enough andyg75 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Welcome to you all

Now, donate $10 to the Haven Fund and get yourself an entry into the "Grand Prize Giveaway"!!! You can't win it, if you ain't in it!!!!

Spoiler:
    I was just being polite
    Wanted:
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Regulators S/L
    Firestarter S/L (July 6 & 7 signing dates)
    Wizard & Glass H & S UK S/L #157/500 (have #449 to trade)
    Wind Through The Keyhole H & S UK S/L #157/200 (have #63 to trade)

Chief Haven Foundation Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

South of Dick & RF, West of Terry. Long way from, Tim!
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to you all

Spoiler:
    I was just being polite

And I am just a wise-ass New Yorker having some fun with ya is all. I think your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air!!!

Spoiler:
    You can still donate to the HF though!!! lol lol lol

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice andyg75 will become famous soon enough andyg75 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to you all

Spoiler:
    I was just being polite

And I am just a wise-ass New Yorker having some fun with ya is all. I think your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air!!!

Spoiler:
    You can still donate to the HF though!!! lol lol lol
    we're just a happy bunch (well, most of us anyway!)
    Wanted:
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Regulators S/L
    Firestarter S/L (July 6 & 7 signing dates)
    Wizard & Glass H & S UK S/L #157/500 (have #449 to trade)
    Wind Through The Keyhole H & S UK S/L #157/200 (have #63 to trade)

CAUTION! : IRRITANT! Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon is a name known to all Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill... put down the Amyl Nitrate and the "X."
    “Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Traveler Jokeh will become famous soon enough Jokeh's Avatar

Hi Im John from Scotland

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

Welcome, John!
    Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

"I am eternal, child! I am the eater of worlds! And of children! And you are next! "

See what's in my eBay store!

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper will become famous soon enough cryptkeeper will become famous soon enough cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, John.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Tim - 21 Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave's Avatar

Hello there, John from Scotland. Welcome!
    "P.S. I can't believe you do that pen thing. Awesome. Just fucking awesome."
    ~Fernandito

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Pen thing? My head hurts

Hiya

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Tim - 21 Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave is a name known to all Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokeh View Post
    Pen thing? My head hurts

It's just part of my permanent signature ( a quote from another member). I can see how it would be confusing if you thought it was part of my post directed at you. Haha

Enjoy the site, man.
    "P.S. I can't believe you do that pen thing. Awesome. Just fucking awesome."
    ~Fernandito

Weedeater Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

......to The Kingdom
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all new comers!!! Hope you all enjoy this crazy place!!! Beware of Jon he will force you too have fun and smirk....

Country
    Country Flag

Hello John...I am Jon..NOT from Scotland!

Stick around and make us seem legitimate.

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper will become famous soon enough cryptkeeper will become famous soon enough cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to meet you, John. Glad to have you as a member.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Gunslinger Apprentice TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Everyone - Just signed up here. I have been poking around for the last couple of weeks. I didn't realize there was such a nice group of King and Dark Tower fans out there. I look forward to reading through all the information on this site/forum and for chatting with you all.

Weedeater Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jack!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Gunslinger Apprentice TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I realized I already missed some things with the introduction.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I actually put off for a very long time reading this series. I had worked my way through most of King's books over the years and not sure why I never got around to reading the DT series. Once I started about a year ago, I couldn't put it down and got through the whole series relatively quick.

Who is your favorite character? The lobstrosities? Ok, maybe not, but those did have me going. You know as much as Roland is undeniably a wonderful character and could be favorite of all. I really enjoyed how King wrote Eddie. It was almost as a clone of himself working through his battles as he worked with this greater being Roland. It was as though he wrote Roland for his character version could work through internal battles of his own. Anyway, I know that is going a bit into it, but Eddie always stuck around to me as one of my favorites.

What is your favorite book? This is such a tough question. I used to always say it was easily, "It" minus the ending. Or The Stand, but so many of King's books are on the same tier for me. So I will have to say too many to list. Is that a cop out?

How old are you? 36

Where are you from? DC

do you have a nickname? Just here, 'TravelinJack' most just call me Jack though. :-)

how did you find this site? Browsing the web a while back.

Country
    Country Flag

Many Thanks Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Many Thanks Brian
    You're most welcome. Eddie is also my favorite from the series. I hope they get it right if/when it comes time to cast him.

Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to play certain actors through my head for Eddie. Hopefully it's someone new, that fits the bill well. Sometimes having a big name can throw you off because of the big expectations. I'm sure many of us is seeing if Edris Alba can really pull off Roland.

Country
    Country Flag

It wouldn't work now, but I could see a younger Ray Liotta. He has that edge to him, but can also play the softer parts if necessary. Maybe a stretch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 377 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 ... LastLast