Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 430 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
    Hi there.

Yes, my username is in homage to the author, Kurt. But I am female.

Long-time DT reader. Looking forward to checking out the site.
    Hey vonnegut, welcome to the site. Its great to meet you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    a friend Alinda showed me

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Cuthbert and Eddie all the way

What is your favorite book?
    Wolves of Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    El Dorado, Arkansas born and raised. a southern boy

do you have a nickname?
    besides twilight? yes many. Yaksha, Poet, Ronin Poet, many more
    If you love me then love me..

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Welcome Twilight, good to have you here!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

YO! Welcome my long lost yo`tetter!
    2 down, one more remains and then
    we'll take over the world!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks unfound

Linda! soon we shall rule the word, yo
    If you love me then love me..

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Twilight!

I know who you are!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    a friend Alinda showed me

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Cuthbert and Eddie all the way

Wolves of Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    El Dorado, Arkansas born and raised. a southern boy

do you have a nickname?
    besides twilight? yes many. Yaksha, Poet, Ronin Poet, many more
    Great to see you posting Twilight, welcome!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Welcome Twilight.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Traveler scotcher37 is on a distinguished road scotcher37's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Inroducing Oneself

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I found the book in a pile of books at my nephew's house. He said he didn't even know he had it. I love SK and have read most of his works. The first time I read this book I found it a bit odd and hard to hang onto. It was years before I read The Drawing of the Threeand thankfully have been addicted ever since. I went back to the first one and re read...It is different but I love it too.

Who is your favorite charcter? It has to be Roland although I love a joker so Cuthbert is very attractive.

What is your favorite book? IT I guess is my fav SK book but if I have to choose one from the series it would be The Waste Lands

How old are you? 39

Where are you from? Upstate NY

do you have a nickname? Well not really, I guess Cheri is my nick

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Welcome newcomers to the clearing at the end of the cyberpath.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome scotcher37!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey scotcher and twilight. It's great to have you on the site. Once I get back from DC, we can hang out.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler ves_ka_Gan is on a distinguished road ves_ka_Gan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover The Dark Tower?-I was just browsing the new books section of the library where I lived at the time and I saw Dark Tower VII sitting on the shelf. So I picked it up, read a page and a half and realized this was awesome. So I searched for the other tiles first not wanting to start with seven, and the rest is history.

Who's your favorite character?-Definately Roland, but I have to say that a very sick part of me is partial to Mordred.

What is your favorite book?-Dark Tower VII

How old are you-I am nineteen at the currant time (now that is creepy)

Where are you from-Originally I am from a town in upstate New York called Cortland.

Do you have a nickname?-Yes, people call me Jericho

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Welcome ves ka gan! Make yourself at home

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, everyone! Glad to have you here. Make yourselves comfortable and jump right into any discussion, please don't hesitate. Ford, great to see you again! Vonnegut, great tribute - he is one of my favorite authors.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

welcome ves_ka_Gan!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome brothers and sisters!

Roland would have understood.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome folks!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by scotcher37 View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower? I found the book in a pile of books at my nephew's house. He said he didn't even know he had it. I love SK and have read most of his works. The first time I read this book I found it a bit odd and hard to hang onto. It was years before I read The Drawing of the Threeand thankfully have been addicted ever since. I went back to the first one and re read...It is different but I love it too.

Who is your favorite charcter? It has to be Roland although I love a joker so Cuthbert is very attractive.

What is your favorite book? IT I guess is my fav SK book but if I have to choose one from the series it would be The Waste Lands

How old are you? 39

Where are you from? Upstate NY

do you have a nickname? Well not really, I guess Cheri is my nick
    Welcome to the site. Glad to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by ves_ka_Gan View Post
    How did you discover The Dark Tower?-I was just browsing the new books section of the library where I lived at the time and I saw Dark Tower VII sitting on the shelf. So I picked it up, read a page and a half and realized this was awesome. So I searched for the other tiles first not wanting to start with seven, and the rest is history.

Who's your favorite character?-Definately Roland, but I have to say that a very sick part of me is partial to Mordred.

Where are you from-Originally I am from a town in upstate New York called Cortland.

Welcome! Awesome nickname.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ves_ka_Gan View Post

Welcome ves_ka_Gan. Its great to have another Mordred fan join! It doesn't make you sick it makes you special... Also, DTVII is my favorite too.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Hello there

I was searching sites about The Dark Tower, and ended up here. Although my English is not perfect, I got most of the things here, and really loved the posts, the people, and more important, the themes. You can be really creative, really in deed. If I make any terrible mistake writing here, please correct me, for, as I said before, my English is far from being perfect, and I would like to improve it. Then, these things said, to the introduction:

It's an interesting fact, to say the truth. I was at Wallmart and then saw "The Gunslinger" on a shelf and felt compelled to read it. People say that you cannot judge a book for its cover, but when I noticed the name, the author, I thought I should read at least one or two pages. Of couse, then I bought it.
    Who is your favorite character?
    Maybe a little clichê, but Roland is an excepcional character in every single way. He's not that moral knight, but has principles, even thought they disapear when they get between he and the Tower. I liked Mordred at the first because I had read T.H White's books (he's not a hero, far from that, but an interesting character), but Mr. King really made him (literaly) a monster. But Roland goes even more. Sometimes it's dificult to me not to think "what Roland would do in this situation"; he's much more than a character to me. He transcended this concept.
    I like to read everything, but the only books which really made me get a little mad were the ones from "The Dark Tower".
    How old are you?
    Old enough not to tell you ("Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat" - what can we do, time does not stop)

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, new friends!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Virgillus! What's your native language?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Virgílius!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 430 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast