Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 430 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Along the Path of the Beam SpyGuy will become famous soon enough SpyGuy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Originally, my parents .....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpyGuy View Post
    Originally, my parents .....

lol Oh, a REAL wise - ass!!! lol I'm a New Yorker, born and bred. Nice to meet you.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam SpyGuy will become famous soon enough SpyGuy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Better to be a wise-ass than a dumbass, no?

Arizona on this end, but originally a California boy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Better to be a wise-ass than a dumbass, no?

Arizona on this end, but originally a California boy.

Oh, I'm in AZ now. "Witness Protection". Chandler to be specific. Yes, better a wise-ass than a dumb-ass. Well met my friend!!!! Just don't let the Mob know where I am?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Aye, and long days and pleasant nights to you as well, amigo.

"Witness Protection"?? Hell, isn't that what comes out of the end of a gun? Besides, not too many Eye-talians down here in ol' Tucson ....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Aye, and long days and pleasant nights to you as well, amigo.

"Witness Protection"?? Hell, isn't that what comes out of the end of a gun? Besides, not too many Eye-talians down here in ol' Tucson ....
    You'd be surprised. I'm of German descent. I did the books.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Irish here, but whatthehell, i'll tip one back with anyone.

You and me gonna get along just fine, Merlin

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure we will and I look forward to it. In the meantime, this is not the thread for ongoing chit-chat. PM me or go to the "Random Thoughts" thread. El Jefe, will put an end to this in the morning!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    In the meantime, this is not the thread for ongoing chit-chat. PM me or go to the "Random Thoughts" thread. El Jefe, will put an end to this in the morning!!! lol
    Good advice.

Traveler Miss_Wiggins will become famous soon enough

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    errr....kind of awkward. My ex husband died, left my daughter all of his books, and I have been tasked with selling the ones we will not keep. He was a King fan so...

Who is your favorite character?
    errr....kind of awkward...the only King book I have read is The girl who loved Tom Gordon. I'm a chicken.
    So...the girl I guess?

What is your favorite book? In the collection here I would say Misery because WAIT! oh yeah suddenly I remember I have read that too and it's signed (not for sale cause it's special)

How old are you? really really old. Old enough that I can't remember what books I have read over the last 5 decades. There was another...kids in a town... an antique store...?

Where are you from? Georgia

do you have a nickname? Nope. Call me ET.

how did you find this site? Lord google!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler John Lewis will become famous soon enough

Hi-

I'm John Lewis and I'm glad I found this place.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

High School Library

Who is your favorite character?

Dolores Claiborne

What is your favorite book?

It or Eyes of the Dragon

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Baton Rouge, La.

Do you have a nickname?

Phil

How did you find this site?

Google

Uno...

Dos...

Tres...

Full Member...Yay!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, newcomers... Settle in.

Traveler Big Sean will become famous soon enough

Hi I'm Big Sean
    Who is your favorite character? By far Roland is the baddest dude on the planet

What is your favorite book? Wizards and Glass

How old are you? 50+

Where are you from? Seattle WA

do you have a nickname? Many

how did you find this site? Internet

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Phil and Big Sean!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Hi, fellow Constant Readers!

I'm Hunchback Jack (Call me "Jack"). It actually feels weird introducing myself because I've been lurking here for so long I feel like part of this community already. In fact, I could swear I've registered here before, but I can't seem to find my account. If so, then hello, again.

I've been reading King ever since my high school teacher used a couple of short stories from Night Shift as part of his class materials, right alongside George Orwell, D H Lawrence and Graham Greene. This was back in the early '80s, when King was popular but perhaps not as highly regarded in literary circles as he is now. My teacher recognized his talent, and after a few enthusiastic lessons, so did I.

I can't say I've read everything King has written, but I've read all the easy-to-find novels, novellas and short story collections. I've also listened to many of his audiobooks; the ones narrated by King himself are particular favourites. I used to buy his books just to read; I've gradually started collecting some rarer editions, but my collection is very modest. I may post a few pics in the collection thread over the next week or two, for your enjoyment.

I used to post over in Bev Vincent's forum about a decade ago, so if I know some of you from there, well met again.

Long days and pleasant nights to all.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Folks!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler CaraLaughs will become famous soon enough CaraLaughs's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Hile, fellow Constant Readers and Wordslingers! My name is Kara(yes, with a K, because one day, I will buy Cara Laughs and it's name will be changed to Kara of the Ka-tet Laughing <3 ) I am glad that I found this forum, and I hope to make many friends who share my love of the brilliant writing and connection we share with Sai King.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I discovered the books when I was a child, and I read them voraciously when they came out, and now am excited for the movie sequel with Idris Elba as Roland reincarnated. As far as this forum, I found you all while searching for an event with Steve. There is a lot of what people would call coincidence between Steve's life and things that happened in my own life, so I am always looking for kindred spirits who understand why I love the works and words of our Dinh.

Who is your favorite character? So many to choose from~but within the realm of King books, Rose Madder has always stood out as a favorite of mine. I also love the Ka-tet of 19 and 99(obviously), and so many other characters that feel so real to me that I feel like I could know them~perhaps in a different world adjacent to this one, or in a reincarnation along The Dark Tower's many lines. I love Danny Torrance, Duddits, Carrie White, Lisey Landon, Mother Abagail, Clayton~Tom~Alice~Jordan~The Head, Bill and Holly(aka KARA because he knew he needed to make it with a K ), John Coffey, Elvid(or the other names he makes up for the fictional devil), and of so many others in his different stories, novellas, articles, and other media.

What is your favorite book? From Stephen King~Rose Red is my top favorite, I have read it so many times that my copy is falling apart. If we are talking just amongst the Dark Tower series, then The Dark Tower~the last book~is my favorite because it brings the Ka-tet full circle, and then, just when you think you have everything, the bottom drops out again. The entire story line will go down in history as equal, if not surpassing the Tolkien books, and that is no small feat, truly. If you want to know outside of Stephen King, then my favorite book is Nightfall by Isaac Asimov. If you haven't read it, do. It's amazing.

How old are you? 38

Where are you from? New Hampsha

Do you have a nickname? No, but I welcome you to offer suggestions

How did you find this site? Looking for other fellow Constant Readers, especially in my area, perhaps even meeting some for a book clubs or other things.

Thanks for having me, I look forward to many palavers with you all, and may we all be well met, if Gan and the White will it. <3

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all, please post often!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, New Comers!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 430 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 ... LastLast