Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob have said quite a few times that this piece seems "lost" as noone knows who bought it.

the only chance would be that the buyer (if still alive) contact any collector or publisher...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Or puts it up for sale so Bob can buy it!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually I don't buy that King doesn't have a copy.

I bet that in some years, magically a copy will appear in King's basement...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or in the archives at The University of Maine @ Orono.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would be truly amazing. Then I'm sure King will publish a Complete Shining, with Before and After the Play.

Wet dream!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    That would be truly amazing. Then I'm sure King will publish a Complete Shining, with Before and After the Play.

Wet dream!
    Limited edition, I am sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Although, it would a dream come true to read this "lost" part, more than likely it won't allowed to circulate throughout the King community since the owner would probably want to protect thier investment. But maybe around King's death where everybody will be trying to buy everything with King's name on it, the owner will sell it to a publisher....

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A publisher wouldn't be able to print it without the permission of the executor of King's literary estate.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    A publisher wouldn't be able to print it without the permission of the executor of King's literary estate.
    I doubt that should be a problem.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Depends. If the executor is Tabitha, and King specifically didn't want it published, why would she go against his wishes? Its not like she'd need the money!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Depends. If the executor is Tabitha, and King specifically didn't want it published, why would she go against his wishes? Its not like she'd need the money!

But unless specific rules were made pertaining to the item in question, it falls under the decision of the executor. Whoever that may be. So while the item is "lost" and King doesn't even have a copy - it shouldn't be that big of a deal to share with fans...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Shall we re-name this thread?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Reread Lisey's Story and then get back to me on that one!

Reread Lisey's Story and then get back to me on that one!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Shall we re-name this thread?
    Yes, it's about time. I'll ask turtlex since she started this thread. Any suggestions? Perhaps: "Limited Edition Wishful Thinking" or something?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I was thinking of the one listed in this auction catalog:

John
    The description mentions a "T.L.s." Can someone please explain what this stands for?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkday View Post
    The description mentions a "T.L.s." Can someone please explain what this stands for?
    Typed Letters

I'm not sure what the letters stand for directly, but it sounds like it's the contract between King and Schiff (via King's agent) for publication of material in Whispers.

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

Thanks!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Darkday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I was thinking of the one listed in this auction catalog:

John
    Typed Letter, signed.

edit: According to Lloyd Currey "TLS" means "typed letter signed" and "TLsS" means "typed letters signed."

I'm not sure what "T.L.s." means. I think Mr. Rabbit Trick has it right.
    Last edited by carlosdetweiller; 01-26-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: More info

Country
    Country Flag

Mod at SKMB

I've just received word that the official on-sale date for Under the Dome is to be November 10, 2009 for both the U.S. and the U.K.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon and Schuster has upped the page count to 1120 pages:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Un.../9781439148501

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What are the chances of a S/L of this title? Anyone heard any rumblings??

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

From everything I've heard, there are no plans for any type of special edition. That, of course, could change, but right now, nothing.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast