Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was a UK edition and was not released close to the time of the original release of the story like many S/Ls.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Postscripts 10 came out in early 2008, right?
    2007 According to our catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something. What King S/L was released in 2008?
    Well, none were relased in 2008, but there are plenty in the works:

TLSOE, The Big Book of Necon, He is Legend, SODv2, Fifty-to-One, Legacies.
    I think you can stop at TLSOE and Legend...haha...

fifty to one?

ok, somehow, i missed this one... where do i go to find info on it?

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

fifty to one?

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Mer...roduct_Count=0

Only the deluxe edition is signed by King, though some of the profits go to the Haven Foundation.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    TGWLTG (which doesn't really count), Salem's Lot, Green Mile, DT V, VI, VII have shown up from 2004-2007.

There actually haven't been that many true novels in the last few years anyway, right? "Duma Key" I know, but what other ones?
    The Colorado Kid
    Right, and that actually had an associated limited edition...but, it wasn't much of a novel...

What full SK novels have come out in the last 4-5 years? Lisey's? Duma? What other ones?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

TGWLTG (which doesn't really count), Salem's Lot, Green Mile, DT V, VI, VII have shown up from 2004-2007.

There actually haven't been that many true novels in the last few years anyway, right? "Duma Key" I know, but what other ones?
    The Colorado Kid
    Cell

Lisey's Story

Blaze

Duma Key
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    fifty to one?

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Mer...roduct_Count=0

Only the deluxe edition is signed by King, though some of the profits go to the Haven Foundation.
    See also this Calvin's Corner thread discussion: 50 to 1 discussion link
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Colorado Kid
    Cell

Lisey's Story

Blaze

Duma Key
    Rahfa can clarify, but I believe (and he would be correct) he meant no true S/L King novel.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

He was asking for a list of "true" novels that had come out in the last few years.

See Post#29 above.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ah, yeah...Cell and Blaze are the two I couldn't remember...I've never owned them, that's why...

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked both Cell and Blaze.

I could not get past page 10 of Lisey's Story.

I am about 25% through Duma Key....does not hold my interest much.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Try to give Duma Key a bit more time. I almost bailed on the book 100 pages in-was bored, but it eventually picked up and I enjoyed it.

I liked Duma...took awhile to get going, but it was okay.

I actually really liked Liseys...

I've read Blaze and Cell...Blaze was a good Bachman book....Cell was written for a paycheck.

We know that Bachman isn't doing any more limiteds, and maybe Lisey's is meant to be too 'literary' for a horror-genre limited...Cell and Duma could be limiteds...does't look like it, though.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

All this talk tempts me to go raising the pipedream topic of an S/L of IT... sigh.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh God pleeeeze have them do a S/L "IT"....one of my top 10 SK's
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As much as I'd love to see "It" as a S/L (its my favourite King novel), I think for it to get the treatment it deserves it would have to be a bible-esque production such as the Stand.... which seemingly would put it out of my price range.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not only that, but it would be a near repeat of The Stand to do something like that. BUT, if you made it a traycase to begin with and went with something like having the tray case look like sewer walls or OOH how about made to look like a sewer grate? Maybe with a hint of a bunch of slightly colorful ballons just past the grating or a yellow rain slicker even. The book itself could be bound in red leather with a huge grinning Pennywise on the cover with no dust jacket. That would look good I think.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Not only that, but it would be a near repeat of The Stand to do something like that. BUT, if you made it a traycase to begin with and went with something like having the tray case look like sewer walls or OOH how about made to look like a sewer grate? Maybe with a hint of a bunch of slightly colorful ballons just past the grating or a yellow rain slicker even. The book itself could be bound in red leather with a huge grinning Pennywise on the cover with no dust jacket. That would look good I think.
    I like where you're going with that.... we should get Larry from BLP involved!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I just do not like the idea of doing a S/L of a book that was previously published.

Yeah, I own the S/Ls of The Green Mile and Salem's Lot....but I think a S/L should come out the same time as the trade edition.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

I just do not like the idea of doing a S/L of a book that was previously published.

Yeah, I own the S/Ls of The Green Mile and Salem's Lot....but I think a S/L should come out the same time as the trade edition.
    Can't say I disagree. But I would still love to see a S/L of "It". "Hearts in Atlantis" and "Everything's Eventual" - that way one could have a S/L of every book that is "officially" dark tower related.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said it many times before, I'd really like to see a s/l of The Shining that includes the published Prologue and the missing "After".

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Still can't understand why King didn't want Centipede Press to do it
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

One section of the "missing" epilogue actually appears in The Shining (EPILOGUE/SUMMER). King's original manuscript (before he added the epilogue and later the prologue only to have the excised to keep the book price down) didn't have that chapter; it ended with Wendy and Danny escaping on the snowcat with Dick.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking of the one listed in this auction catalog:

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I wonder about this. The published part of the epilogue is 1700 words long, which would easily be at least four pages in manuscript.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Who the F*CK won that auction...

Will we ever be able to read "After the Play"?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast