Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2550

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, my CC was charged.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Can't seem to get through from work... gonna try from home later today.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well i have been told that the copy i ordered from Hatchards is on the way to me (could be the package waiting at home) and the copy from Waterstones will be with me tomorrow!

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, my Uk limited has just arrived. Can't take a photo 'cos I got it delivered to work but I can confirm that there is a limitation sheet and the book is numbered. I got 222

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It is numbered? Excellent

Slipcase & numbered. Waiting to hear from someone if has a jacket or not.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

ooooh i want.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there any objection to changing the name of this thread to "Under the Dome Collecting Discussion"?

I just started a new thread about actually discussing the book (spoilers) for those who have finished it in Cara Laughs.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks, Rick.

All I want now is for one of these durned bookstores to charge my dadgum credit card so I can feel confident that this cotton-pickin' book will someday be mine!
    Patrick, 1923 called...they want your colorful language back.

I just got an email from my CC company. They blocked the charge from Waterstone's! Dopes assumed that it was fraud of some sort.

I set them straight...I just hope that Waterstone's tries to run the charge through again.

They still show as being in stock...but that is nto a guarantee.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    It is numbered? Excellent

Slipcase & numbered. Waiting to hear from someone if has a jacket or not.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    No dustjacket. The boards are cloth, and identical (including the white foil stamping) to the UK trade edition.
    Slightly worrying, though, was the packing. It was nothing more than those thin cardboard wraparound jobs. And no internal bubble wrap. Mine was delivered by courier company which probably helped it to survive intact, but I would be worried about the slipcase corners getting dinged if the parcels get a bit of postal abuse. For a £100 book I would have expected a little more packing.....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I will probably put a US DJ on mine just to protect it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay it was the Uk S/L, pictures to follow asap! Oh and i might put a uk dust jacket on it i think, not sure yet!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Is there any objection to changing the name of this thread to "Under the Dome Collecting Discussion"?

I just started a new thread about actually discussing the book (spoilers) for those who have finished it in Cara Laughs.
    None at all. Taken care of.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finall here it is ...

Sorry the quality of the phots isn't great but the light in my room ir bloody rubbish!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the right hand side (book opening side) of the slipcase arc shaped?
    I see it is "For Waterstone's" any copies for other book sellers?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I really dig the curved slipcase!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Is the right hand side (book opening side) of the slipcase arc shaped?
    I see it is "For Waterstone's" any copies for other book sellers?
    Yeah its curved and this one came from Hatchards, the one from Waterstones should arrive tomorrow

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, now that is super cool !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My credit card was just debited by Waterstone's! I'm getting two copies!

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Rock on

I love the slipcase. Not sure why I'm so excited about this UK release but I am

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Same here!!

sk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received an email from Waterstone's today saying the book is shipping.

No similar email confirmation from Hatchard's.

However HATCHARDS PICCADILLY GB is the only one of the two to have charged my credit card thus far ($184.51).

Go figure.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Nice!

Why couldn't S+S have done something like that for their s/l? I might have kept my copy for more than three days...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the photos, Tito. Have a photo of the exterior of the book itself?

Rahfa, I assume you are referring to the simple limitation page and/or the basic slipcase?

I like the curve to the slipcase opening. Can't wait to see it in person.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah give me a few minutes and i will see what i can do. I love the slipcase too, its such a simple but effective idea, maybe Tomas could consider this for his slipcases!?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks in advance, Tito.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    ...Not sure why I'm so excited about this UK release but I am

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Hmmm... Let me guess...

1. It has an 'official' limitation page, whereas the US edition did not.

2. It comes with a slipcase, whereas the US edition did not.

3. Even with a weak dollar and the expense of overseas shipping, it still cost less than the US edition.

Am I getting close, Ralph?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast