Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2550

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow. So cool, everyone who wanted one, got a signed copy.

I wasn't able to make the NYC event, so donated the tickets to Karen for auction for her Walk for Breast Cancer Cure.... so I hope who won the tickets was able to get an autographed copy as well.

In the mean time - I've still not heard back from S&S regarding my damaged book ( the belt was ripped ) !! And honestly, for $200 smackers, you'd think they'd get back in touch.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    ...I am open to any ideas at this point.
    Here's a quick mock-up of what I would love to buy from you.

Of course, the proportions are different for UTD, but it's your traycase for THE STAND, without the window (nor the related plastic sheet) but with a thin shelf space for the card case. Using a different material or monochromatic would be just fine too if that helps reduce your production costs.

Love the idea? Hate it?
    Too expensive to produce?
    Not enough demand from the owners of the 1500 S/L's and the plentiful unsigned collector's edition at the necessary price point?
    What do you all think?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Patrick - That looks exactly like what I was thinking!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Love the idea? Hate it?
    Too expensive to produce?
    Not enough demand from the owners of the 1500 S/L's and the plentiful unsigned collector's edition at the necessary price point?
    What do you all think?
    I will definitely float it to the bindery and see what they say (and will do the same for any other ideas that get posted).
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my trade edition. I don't know which variant is more popular, but my has raised while lettering on the cover and spine of the dustjacket.

I like Patrick's mock up. If you decide to just go with a deeper slipcase, can you build a half wall in the back (inside) of the slipcase that a) the cards would slip behind and b) would prevent the book and card box from contacting each other.

Thanks! I'm still with you -vs- CD.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Life is a garden...dig it!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for your consideration, Tomas. If the traycase cost is too prohibitive and you want to keep it to a slipcase, I would like to see something along the line of Ralph's earlier suggestion:

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    ... I would rather have the slot in the top.

When I put my signed 1st edition from one of the events in the slipcase I understand the top will be open. It doesn't bother me to see that opening. In fact I may slide in the event tickets in there.

Ralph Mulleins
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    OK. This rankles my fur. Here is a guy supposedly with 7 copies of last night's book. Unless he bought books off people outside the venue (there were vultures out there, so someone told me), then I don't see how this guy has so many. All people who purchased books walked past the others in line. Didn't see anyone loaded with 70 pounds of books.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-sig...item45ef340126

Several on eBay from $199-$350.
    I'm sure that's exactly what he did...

You, Ari and Gris walked out with 9 books between you, right? He probably had a couple guys with him, then maybe bought a couple more on the street. You guys actually got more than he did, so...
    There was one older guy that sent his wife outside (she has long grey hair, couldn't miss her) that was hitting up every single person that walked out the door to see if they either had a card or would sell their copy. He was also still standing there as we all left the building having made a a 2nd trip through the line so he could get whatever was left. My back is happy we only got 2 each.

Way I figure it, 1 for us, 1 for my sis who is a huge fan, and 2 for eBay to pay for the trip.

I would not be hard. of the 4 copies we got, NONE of them were the same sig. I was joking at our dinner afterwards that the experts would be arguing about whether these are legitimate or not. Here are out 4...

This is the one I kept...

These are the other 3... Look at the Gs

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    One signed trade sold for $249 last night.

I am going to tell all of you right now that anyone who pays more than $150 for a signed trade is a chump (yeah, I know that is a bit harsh).

The market is going to be flooded with signed copies (both trade and SL).

Between the bad economy and the surplus copies, it is going to be a buyer's market on this title.

Hell, there are 23 auctions right now for signed copies!
    2 are ours. I'm not shamed to admit it. If I can get someone to bite on them and pay for the trip, then Yay!!

Pablo, I'm sorry I missed you. I didn't have any missed calls, so it must have been after I already turned the phone off for the interview. It was great, wasn't it?

A few people have mentioned Danny Torrence would be 40 now, but noone has yet mentioned the part where he said Charlie from FireStarter would be the same age. And that they shold hook up and the kids they'd have
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want a case from the collector guy, not CD. And I'll pre-pay.

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

I didn't notice the two trade variations and picked up the one with the dark grey lettering. Hmmm... I've been bothered by how on the shelf it's hard to tell there's a title, but at the same time, I like how it blends more into the art. Now I'm torn.

Oh, and I'm not at home, so I don't have access to my book and was wondering if anybody could post a description of where the town is located as it was described near the beginning of the book. I remember it saying how Castle Rock was to the south and west and Harlow was to the south, etc. I'm trying to describe to a co-worker where it was situated. Thanks in advance!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

GOD the wait for mine to arrive from Target.com is UNBEARABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to stop myself, several times, from walking into Barnes and Noble and buying it with this copy on the way!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL...same here. I'm waiting on mine from Amazon.

They still haven't shipped it yet.

I have a feeling that I'll pick up a copy somewhere this weekend.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Slightly off-topic, but should anyone be interested in a copy of the Dutch numbered hardcover edition (unsigned, 1 of 750), please notify me. I'm expecting two copies next week and I'm only interested in keeping one. The total costs including shipping to the US would probably be around $80, to the UK around £35. Here are some (not-so-great) photos I took off the internet:

'Gevangen' means 'Caught' or 'Captured', by the way.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wahlers View Post
    Oh, and I'm not at home, so I don't have access to my book and was wondering if anybody could post a description of where the town is located as it was described near the beginning of the book. I remember it saying how Castle Rock was to the south and west and Harlow was to the south, etc. I'm trying to describe to a co-worker where it was situated. Thanks in advance!

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

In the book though, didn't they mention where Cleave's Mill was to it as well?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Mill was actually surrounded by four towns larger in area but smaller in population: Motton, to the south and southeast; Harlow to the east and northeast; the unicorporated TR-90 to the north; and Tarker’s Mills to the west.

I don't recall any mention of Cleaves Mills.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

got mine yesterday thanks to the veteran's
    i read the first paragraph and fell asleep
    but only because i was tired
    i have it here at work in case i get a spare moment.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Got the trade edition Tuesday...I was going to wait until the Ports. Music Hall event, when I'll be getting a signed trade, but figured for $9 from Amazon, why wait?

On about page 250...

I have my s/l edition on ebay...didn't intend to sell when I bought it, but changed my mind not long after.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Did anyone else read the manuscript format that King uploaded to his site a few weeks ago? i was loving the "trapped in a building" format. The "trapped in a town" should be interesting too!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Kenny, are you talking about The Cannibals? That was neat!

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Kenny, are you talking about The Cannibals? That was neat!

John
    Yes! I am dying for King to put out the rest of it! I love it!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Did anyone else read the manuscript format that King uploaded to his site a few weeks ago? i was loving the "trapped in a building" format. The "trapped in a town" should be interesting too!
    Well if you listen to the vid from one of the signing events on lilja's site King says there may well be one more Bachman book, add this to the knowledge from Marsha that King was surprised how good Cannibals was when he re-read the manuscript and it's possible that we will see all of it released. Thats if King can think of an ending for it after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Well if you listen to the vid from one of the signing events on lilja's site King says there may well be one more Bachman book, add this to the knowledge from Marsha that King was surprised how good Cannibals was when he re-read the manuscript and it's possible that we will see all of it released. Thats if King can think of an ending for it after all these years
    Ahhhhmazing! I throughly enjoyed it!

My book still isn't here - I AM DYING!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a confirmation about 2 jacket states...

The books we got from the NYC event were all gray raised lettering. The book I got today from amazon is flat white letters.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's really purplish-gray lettering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast