Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2550

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Small update from the Mod at SKMB on the UK S/L UTD.

"I have been asked by Hodder to hold off a bit on passing along the update as they needed to give more time to get the details finalized. It should be coming very soon, though."

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ToeAndno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Just wonder how many of us are going to be reading UTD with a highlighter to make note of any/all Dark Tower connections?
    There aren't really any in it unless people really stretch things, but then you could do that with any book on the planet.
    This displeases me

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    That's pretty cool; the art definitely looks better without the text.
    True. But this Collector's Edition still fails to spark my interest. The belly band, coloured endpapers, deck of cards and 25,000 copy print run don't justify the $75 IMO. I'd rather see different artwork on the DJ for that price. That would really set the Collector's Edition (and the S/L?) apart from the trade edition.
    Well it's also printed on better paper than the trade edition, and is slipcased.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ewald View Post
    True. But this Collector's Edition still fails to spark my interest. The belly band, coloured endpapers, deck of cards and 25,000 copy print run don't justify the $75 IMO. I'd rather see different artwork on the DJ for that price. That would really set the Collector's Edition (and the S/L?) apart from the trade edition.
    I'll wait and see what it does on Ebay. The price should go down there in due time ...

Ewald, you made it!!!
    So happy to meet you here!!

Invasion of the Dutchies...

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

"I have been asked by Hodder to hold off a bit on passing along the update as they needed to give more time to get the details finalized. It should be coming very soon, though."
    I was gonne say that the british website is still related to Duma Key (they didnt even do something for JAS...)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Well it's also printed on better paper than the trade edition, and is slipcased.
    Absolutely true! But I see the Collector's Edition as a kind of 'gift' edition, in between the trade and S/L, and as far as gift editions go, this one just doesn't seem to live up to the standards of books like Desperation and Insomnia. I must say though that it's mostly the large print run which bothers me...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but I don't understand why that bothers you. It's a cheaper book than the usuall Gift editions (I purchased mine for less than 50 dls) and the run... does it really makes a difference? I don't know. I never cared too much about the limitation of unsigned books. The cool thing about the gift editions, for me, it was always the artwork, slipcase, artist signature if available. Despite the Dark Tower ones, I don't know the limitation of the rest of the books.

Just my opinion.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes but that's it Ari, I'm just concerned that the additional stuff is not as special as with the other gift editions. And about the print run: I think that $75 is a reasonable price for a gift edition like the one of Desperation, which had a print run of 4,000 if I remember correctly. After all, the publisher needs to get their investment back and make some additional money. But with 25,000 copies, they could have made it cheaper.

But hey, if the book turns out to be really special and unique after all... I'll be the first to admit I was wrong

*edit* I guess my lack of interest also stems from the feeling that small presses just put more love into their production of limiteds. The UTD limited gives me the unpleasant feeling that it's 'easy money' for the publisher.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

*edit* I guess my lack of interest also stems from the feeling that small presses just put more love into their production of limiteds.
    I agree with that.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

I was gonne say that the british website is still related to Duma Key (they didnt even do something for JAS...)
    Jeremy, try:

http://www.hodder.co.uk/books/work.aspx?WorkID=157548

I check this at least once a day, but still no mention of a s/l UK edition.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

S&S has posted some shots of the Collector's Set on their website.

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Un...t?custd=308498

I am assuming the black box holds the cards.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    S&S has posted some shots of the Collector's Set on their website.

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Un...t?custd=308498

I am assuming the black box holds the cards.
    Jeez! That is ONE BIG MF'ing book!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking at the pictures of the Collector's Set on the S&S website makes me kind of wonder whether the "belly band" is going to be the only verbiage on the cover, and that the cover of the dust jacket will be just what's pictured on the "preview" site, at least for the Collector's Set.

John

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Looking at the pictures of the Collector's Set on the S&S website makes me kind of wonder whether the "belly band" is going to be the only verbiage on the cover, and that the cover of the dust jacket will be just what's pictured on the "preview" site, at least for the Collector's Set.

John

I hope so. I would like to see an image w/out the band to be sure. It would also be nice to see the slipcase.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Jeremy, try:

http://www.hodder.co.uk/books/work.aspx?WorkID=157548

I check this at least once a day, but still no mention of a s/l UK edition.

John
    i meant the OFFICIAL Stephen King British website :
    http://www.stephenking.co.uk/

what is that thing next to the book on the Hodder website? Glasses case?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Rest assured, there will be an ISBN bar code on the back. S&S can't/won't resist.
    The picture is a mock up, it is clear (to me), that the "belly band" in the picture is a representation of the product. It also looks like the "pack of cards" will be produced to sit atop the book, between the boards so as to reduce packaged size (shipping costs, efficiency etc. for what already is a large book. Some bean counter has figured out that if S&S saves 25 cents per book they will make/save an additional $6,250.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    Rest assured, there will be an ISBN bar code on the back. S&S can't/won't resist.
    The picture is a mock up, it is clear (to me), that the "belly band" in the picture is a representation of the product. It also looks like the "pack of cards" will be produced to sit atop the book, between the boards so as to reduce packaged size (shipping costs, efficiency etc. for what already is a large book. Some bean counter has figured out that if S&S saves 25 cents per book they will make/save an additional $6,250.
    You are correct. The cards will sit on top similar to the packing of the Bachman books with nightlight

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

John
    I'm guessing the ISBN will be on the slipcase - not the dust jacket.

Along the Path of the Beam DavidK44 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by nyy3723a View Post

A lot of ISBN-marked slipcases I've received recently have had it on the bottom of the slipcase, which means it can't be seen if the slipcased book is standing upright. A good location for it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nyy3723a View Post

John
    I am probably daft and missed it, but I see no mention of a slipcase for the book on the S&S webpage.

NOTE! Additional copies of the Signed UTD are being release for sale on October 15, at 9:00 am Eastern Time.
    Link

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if they really are simply "unprocessed orders" or if they are lieing sacks of poop
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I expect there were a number of credit cards that were rejected for various reasons. Happens all the time. Plus some people ordered more than one copy and those orders were later winnowed out but probably not until after they thought they were sold out.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    .....some people ordered more than one copy and those orders were later winnowed out but probably not until after they thought they were sold out.
    I think this is what happened. They gave you the option to select your quantity, and you know there were people who changed the "1" to a "2" or a "3" etc.

I was really surprised at how fast it sold out...and suspected it did so because people were ordering multiple copies on the same order.

As far as I know, my credit card has not been charged...has anyone's?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Yes, my card was charged on 9/15

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You had me worried there for a minute...I checked my most recent paper statement...which has charges on it up to Sep 19....and it is not on there.

I went online, and checked my transactions since that statement, and there it is dated 9/21.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast