+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Default Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Hey All -

How long before we start hearing if there are going to be any limited editions, S/N editions, etc of Under The Dome?

I know it's still early days, but I thought I'd ask.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You didn't know?
    It's already sold out.

JK.

The length of time S/L books are announced in advance by publisher varies. There is no "normal" advance time. Sometimes it's years prior to actual publishing, sometimes only months.
    It would be interesting to recall past editions, and how far in advance they were announced.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You mean like Legacies? After all, when you say years, it certainly qualifies.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be nice to see a S/L of this.

I think the last S/L of a new, unexpected, novel we had was From a Buick 8.

Sure, we have had S/L anthologies (Postscripts 10, Borderlands 5), The Dark Tower 5-7 (we knew these were coming), books where King did the intro (Dandelion Wine), reprints of previously published material (TLSOE, TGWLTG and TCK).....but a brand new, unexpected novel....it has been a while.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Along the Path of the Beam jcf817 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

And the way Under the Dome is being described as "similar to The Stand" make me think it should get a similiar S/L treatment.

:-)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I seriously doubt there will be limited edition. King doesn't seem much interested in doing them these days.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Um...what?

Not to be too contrary, but lately it seems like he'll put his signature on two slices of bread...Maybe not with his own books, but I think there have been at least a half-dozen s/ls in the last couple years of anthologies, etc., either announced or already published.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree with Rahfa here.

Since 2000 he has done at least 23.

DT5, DT6, DT7, TLSOE, PS10, BL5, TGWLTG, The Big Book of Necon, He is Legend, SODv1, SODv2, TCK, Dandelion Wine, Fifty-to-One, Great Ghost Stories, Quietly Now, 'Salem's Lot, Black House, Green Mile, FAB8, Transgressions, A Life in the Cinema, Dystopia.

He's been averaging over two per year.

And Rahfa, I actually heard somwhere that this year, he will be signing two slices of bread.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I am missing something. What King S/L was released in 2008?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But look at those that he's done lately. How much of it is original fiction material? Not a lot. Not only that, but we all know that King really doesn't care that much for S/L editions. With that in mind, why would he be interested in doing one?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Postscripts 10 came out in early 2008, right?

--- Apparently 2007...man, I can't believe it's been that long! Seems like I just got it a few months ago!

I know that King has said negative things about limited editions, but nothing in his track record actually shows he's very opposed to them....as all our bookcases will attest! Haha...

I know what you're saying about original fiction, but to me, a s/l is all the same and there ain't no shortage lately...

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    2007 According to our catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Well, none were released in 2008, but there are plenty in the works:

TLSOE, The Big Book of Necon, He is Legend, SODv2, Fifty-to-One, Legacies (ha ha).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I know that King has said negative things about limited editions, but nothing in his track record actually shows he's very opposed to them....as all our bookcases will attest! Haha...

I know what you're saying about original fiction, but to me, a s/l is all the same and there ain't no shortage lately...
    2007 according to my notes

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    2007 According to our catalog.

Well, none were relased in 2008, but there are plenty in the works:

TLSOE, The Big Book of Necon, He is Legend, SODv2, Fifty-to-One, Legacies.
    I think you can stop at TLSOE and Legend...haha...

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

i've actually been waiting my life for this book to come out! I always thought it was a fascinating subject...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Kenny! Good to hear from you again!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Dolan!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

hehe - im here. probably back again. I forget how much info we share! Happy New Year!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good, I hope you stick around, Kenny. At least get caught up on the "Collectible Hill" thread.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Dandelion Wine 50th Anniversary Signed/Limited shipped in 2008.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I was talking about his own novels -- as someone else said, there hasn't been one since FAB8.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Dandelion Wine 50th Anniversary Signed/Limited shipped in 2008.
    I was under the impression it was released in 2007.
    Anyone else care to clarify?
    Thanks.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It shipped on 24th January. I got the second copy. Copyright page says 2007.

TGWLTG (which doesn't really count), Salem's Lot, Green Mile, DT V, VI, VII have shown up from 2004-2007.

There actually haven't been that many true novels in the last few years anyway, right? "Duma Key" I know, but what other ones?

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

TGWLTG (which doesn't really count), Salem's Lot, Green Mile, DT V, VI, VII have shown up from 2004-2007.

There actually haven't been that many true novels in the last few years anyway, right? "Duma Key" I know, but what other ones?
    The Colorado Kid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast