Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Great Cinematic Moments

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

"Ooh, guns, guns, guns!" Some classic guns moments in this mv I found (NSFW due to really violent images):
    Spoiler:

What makes it doubly awesome? The fact that Edgar Wright made it when he was 19. Old school mv making too, with VHS. Now that's showing a love of movies!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I ASSUME YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT "A FIST FULL OF FINGERS"? (NO TITLE OR IMAGE)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, it's a fanmade music vid that Edgar Wright did to numerous gun clips from classic films when he was 19 years old, including Goodfellas and Bonnie and Clyde, to the song "Happiness is a Warm Gun".

And it's showing up for me in the spoiler tag, so no problem on my end. Here's a link, anyway: http://youtu.be/2U2Rwbr8OV8

- Melike

SORRY NO IMAGE UNDER SPOILER. BUT THAT CLIP IS AWSOME. THANKS FOR THE LINK.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Anytime. I love fanmade mvs myself, even made a few (no prizes for guessing what a lot of them were to), so it's awesome to know that Edgar Wright, one of my favourite filmmakers, is the kind of film geek to have done that himself a couple of times, in an age before Windows Movie Maker was considered the most difficult way to do it!

Anyway, for a great cinematic moment, but not from film...it's a bit of a cheat, but I instantly think of this:

I bloody love this. Because, only a few minutes into Cracker, with the perfect shots used, a great zoom-in on Coltrane as Fitz, with him saying every word perfectly, it was so bloody brilliant that I not only could imagine watching something like this on the big screen, it was also something that propelled Cracker into becoming one of my favourite shows. It's not always this cinematic, granted, but there's more than a few simply great filmic moments like this that I could just watch over and over again.

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

I fogive yew dahlun. OH HELL YEUH. The Hitler mustache is LOL. Coolest characters I've seen @ cinema in a very long time.

X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best part of Smokin' Aces was the Ritalin kid. That kid was awesome.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

haha yeah. I couldn't stop laughing when the kid got a hard-on from trying to intimidate that guy. See ya Skittles!
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I do not remember if it had been mentioned here, but Pandorum ending was quite good.
    The Truth

Ending

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default All-Time Favorite/Best Movie Scenes

What are your all-time favorite movie scenes? The scenes that will stick with you for the rest of your life, the ones that are so well done that they bring tears to your eyes for their perfect execution, the ones that make you sit forward in your movie theatre chair and say "Holy shit!"

As I have a two-year old, I watch a lot of Disney movies, so those are the ones that are first on my mind. I'll try to add more as I remember them. Of course just watching the scenes out of context isn't the same thing as having the movies build up to them, but you knew that already.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing will ever top these final minutes of:

* 2001: A Space Odyssey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXS8P0HksQo

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Nothing will ever top these final minutes of:

* 2001: A Space Odyssey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXS8P0HksQo

sk
    Cant agree on that one... the first time I seen bullet time on the Matrix I was floored....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tears in the Rain - Blade Runner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7Ga7qTLDU
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm pretty sure we already have a thread for this. I'll have a look around. There's too many memorable scenes for me to list But I'll think about it and post a few of my favorites.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great list, Shannon! I loved how you put the links in there. Very comprehensive.

I'm glad you dug this thread up, Heather. I always enjoyed reading what scenes people liked.

I think I will use this thread to keep track of scenes that stand out to me over the year. I'm not saying these scenes all belong up there with some of the classics scenes listed here, but they made an impression on me this year.
    • Shannon listed one of them already and that's the ending to Whiplash. Fantastic scene. Great energy and amazing editing.
    • Shannon listed the docking scene in Interstellar, which was great, but I prefer the scene where Cooper watches the videos of his children.
    • The slow-mo scene in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
    • There are a few scenes in Snowpiercer that really stood out for me, but the one I loved the most was the scene in the classroom section of the train. Just love the juxtaposition of that segment of the train as opposed to the rest of it.
    • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Apes on horses shooting machine guns. That's pretty much all you need to know.
    • The opening and ending to Guardians of the Galaxy
    • The Drop
      Spoiler:
      the final scene in the bar where we realize that there is more to Bob than meets the eye.
    • The Raid 2 Rama Vs. Hammer Girl & Baseball Bat Man hallway fight scene.
    • Fury. The climactic final stand scene.
    • The nightclub scene in John Wick.
    • The very, very last shot of Enemy. Trust me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Two things. 1) I didn't know there was a thread for this, awesome. 2) Enemy sucked, especially the last scene.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Great list, Shannon! I loved how you put the links in there. Very comprehensive.

I'm glad you dug this thread up, Heather. I always enjoyed reading what scenes people liked.

I think I will use this thread to keep track of scenes that stand out to me over the year. I'm not saying these scenes all belong up there with some of the classics scenes listed here, but they made an impression on me this year.
    • Shannon listed one of them already and that's the ending to Whiplash. Fantastic scene. Great energy and amazing editing.
    • Shannon listed the docking scene in Interstellar, which was great, but I prefer the scene where Cooper watches the videos of his children.
    • The slow-mo scene in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
    • There are a few scenes in Snowpiercer that really stood out for me, but the one I loved the most was the scene in the classroom section of the train. Just love the juxtaposition of that segment of the train as opposed to the rest of it.
    • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Apes on horses shooting machine guns. That's pretty much all you need to know.
    • The opening and ending to Guardians of the Galaxy
    • The Drop
      Spoiler:
      the final scene in the bar where we realize that there is more to Bob than meets the eye.
    • The Raid 2 Rama Vs. Hammer Girl & Baseball Bat Man hallway fight scene.
    • Fury. The climactic final stand scene.
    • The nightclub scene in John Wick.
    • The very, very last shot of Enemy. Trust me.
    WICK!! Night club scene... WOW. Your 100% right!

What about ANY SCENE that Heath Ledger was the center point as the Joker?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Two things. 1) I didn't know there was a thread for this, awesome. 2) Enemy sucked, especially the last scene.
    Enemy is bound to divide most people, and you might not have liked the film, but you have to admit that's a pretty fucking crazy last shot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely a pretty fucking crazy last shot, especially because it cemented how stupid the movie was, lol.

Now, another pretty fucking crazy last shot, but in a good way: the ending of Feast 3.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

They made 3 Feast films? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    They made 3 Feast films? Wow

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely a pretty fucking crazy last shot, especially because it cemented how stupid the movie was, lol.

Now, another pretty fucking crazy last shot, but in a good way: the ending of Feast 3.
    Well, you gotta love movies and the way people look at them differently. In your world Enemy=bad and Feast3=good.

I know you hated the movie so you probably don't care, but if you would indulge me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Feast 3 was the worst of the three, but the first one was actually pretty decent in a so bad it's decent kinda way.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Enemy sucked, especially the last scene.
    One of the best films of this decade sucked

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14